Suggestion: Order to " keep the floor clean"

To keep the decor hight we have to monitor the cleanliness of the floor - wipe the liquid, take away the garbage.

However, the game has an unpleasant "bug" if the duplicant carries something to the warehouse, but there is a break, the duplicant throws this thing on the floor. At the same time this thing resets the command "move to warehouse"

Eventually. When the colony is large, the main passages are gradually littered. Just imagine - at the end of each cycle dozens of duplicants throw on the floor the things they carried. As a result, after a dozen cycles, any passage loses all its decor

I propose: enter the command " keep the floor clean." This command will need to be applied to the block, in this case, everything that falls or spills on the floor will be automatically assigned to the standard cleaning order.

In this case, we do not need to constantly manually monitor the colony and set the cleaning command.

Alternative: When duplicates move items on which the "move to warehouse" command was hanging, when they drop this item to the floor, the command is reset. We have to manually re-order the cleaning of this item. But if the cleaning command on the item persists after dropping, the problem will go away.

Actually when there’s available (and also reachable) empty stroage, they will automatically move the trash into the storage, as the duplicants are free (that also depends on the job piority).

P.S. Sweeping usually has the lower piority, even though all other task piority are set the same.

I’m not rejecting your idea, however you already have solution in the game by setting higher piority (however may affect colony efficiency).

Maybe you can further explain?

(Even though dropped on floor, if that item has demand, it’ll also be picked up, however the further the lower ‘piority’)

46 minutes ago, Madbro said:

Maybe you can further explain?

Almost all warehouses that I use are set up only to receive items that are clearly marked for sweeping. I want to personally control where I have to clean and where I don't. I don't want duplicates collecting sand and granite from all over the map and dragging it to the warehouses. But I want them removed from base of everything that hinders - at the my direct order only. I just make sure that the main places are clean (with high decor). I ignore the garbage on the whole map.

So I have almost no warehouses exposed to a simple reception of resources, except for the reception of slime and steel and food.

So I am VERY often faced with the problem that duplicant drop things carried, and to which was applied a order of sweeping - this order is reset, and the remaining things reduce the decor. Now multiply this problem by dozens of duplicants and dozens of cycles.

Why am I doing this ? Why don't I just make 100 warehouses that accept everything automatically ? I just don't want the duplicants doing anything that's not really necessary. Garbage collection throughout the map is not necessary.  But the support locations, where dublicate go, clean is needed.

Also I like to control when duplicates have finished all work - in this case I see that there were loafers and I can assign the next work. Therefore I don't want to make 100 warehouses so idling duplicates collect garbage from all over the map. It will hide from me the fact that the duplicates have nothing to do.

Eventually I just need to :

either dublicants not throwing things and carried them to the warehouse, or they themselves supported clean these floors.

Do you understand my point ?  Do you have any suggestions how I can solve the described problem myself ?

46 minutes ago, Madbro said:

(Even though dropped on floor, if that item has demand, it’ll also be picked up, however the further the lower ‘piority’)

Since I do not use warehouses that are set up to automatically receive everything, the abandoned thing remains lying until I again indicate to clean the floor. I have to periodically clean out the places where duplicants run. That's the problem !

The sweep order should persist on the item swept. It`s annoying that it goes away when the dupe drops the item.

A continous sweep order was suggested before along with continous mop and dig order (the last one for space before robo miners got introduced). Would be very helpful in keeping the base clean.

Other solutions:
 Have the most commonly dropped items stored in realtively high priority storages. Like food. All the food dupes drop randomly gets swept in the morning. Stuff like algae and water bottles gets delivered right away when they wake up. I`m not sure what stuff gets dropped most commonly for you but you can make a dedicated storage for it.

Building auto sweepers along the entire base is pretty costly but a few in the places you really want clean could help.

they can throw anything ! He will take the material for construction and carry along the corridor, there will be a break and he will throw it in the middle of the corridor.

Building auto sweepers is obviously quite an expensive operation and demanding on energy. After all, I clean not only the base, but also the main corridors along which duplicates run most often. In addition, it will require a bunch of wires throughout the base. Obviously, this is not an option.

What about a chamber like this:

one all material compactor priority 4 (so they will fill it when they dont have anything better to do)

Next to it a sweeper with automation cycle shutoff, and another all-compactor with priority 6, the dupes cant reach.  

Beneath 4 tiles deeper a room where the stuff will fall to. The sweeper will always clear the level 4 compactor, trying to store the stuff into the higher compactor. but drops everything instantly.

The system has to be somewhere really remote, to prevent dupes picking up the stuff in the lower chamber again. 

I know about this scheme. I've seen the guides. However. As I wrote above, I don't want duplicants picking up trash from all over the map - it's a waste of time. I just want them to clear the base. But gradually they throw things on the floor and litter. I don't like having to manually assign the cleanup command again every time.

Archived