Generator Vs. GEMerator

Hey everyone, I took a break from DST in December, so I haven't been following the news. Now I think I'll be getting back into the game; I really liked the Winona rework.

But something I did not quite understand - how exactly do GEMerators differ from regular generators? Obviously, generators use nitre as fuel instead of gems and they run out of fuel quicker (?). But are those all the differences?

8 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

Hey everyone, I took a break from DST in December, so I haven't been following the news. Now I think I'll be getting back into the game; I really liked the Winona rework.

But something I did not quite understand - how exactly do GEMerators differ from regular generators? Obviously, generators use nitre as fuel instead of gems and they run out of fuel quicker (?). But are those all the differences?

Regular have lower charge time (around 1 day?) than GEM (around 6 days?)

13 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

Regular have lower charge time (around 1 day?) than GEM (around 6 days?)

It seems to be affected by how many machines are hooked up to a single generator. The more machines, the faster the drain.

Just now, lakhnish said:

It seems to be affected by how many machines are hooked up to a single generator. The more machines, the faster the drain.

Too, but smaller generator have lower charge time with or without using

Archived