Is This A Cheating Way To Cool Glass Down

I was puzzled why solar panel always has temperature of 45 C when built on space. Then I realize it has a fixed temp after being built. I tried using super hot glass, when the glass was delivered to construction site, it became 20 C. I cancel the construction, glass dropped on the floor, super hot again, but when I built it again, it became 20 C on site again. Then I let dupe finish building, it was 45 C ish, near printing pod. Then I deconstructed it, boom, 45 ish C glass. I guess you can cool down other stuff with 45 C glass, and building and deconstruct solar panel as heat sink, and train your dupes construction traits along the way... kidding.

Its not cheating, because thats the way it works.

You can take very very cold or hot material, and the resulting building will be between 15 and 45°C every time.

I assume thats because we have no option to select materials of a specific temperature, and so, dupes take what they get. This would result in 5000°C hot machines, because build from newly spawned refined metal from a volcano.

The temperatue clamps to a 45oC max and i think 15oC minimum for most buildings just so they don`t instantly overheat after build or don`t output ice instead of water when the output is based on their own temperature. I`d say it`s mostly there to avoid bugs.

Now how can dupes hold stuff that`s 1700oC in their hands is a different story. IMO there should be a temperature limit to what the dupes can use for construction or even touch. It would fix some of the heat deletion during construction as well as prevent them from randomly storing hot rock in your base.

Archived