Reworking a small piece of the QoL update.

The Quality of Life update may have been a bit rough at launch, but the fine folks at Klei were able to make it work after some patches and I consider it a really great update for the most part.

One thing I found strange, however, was what they did with holding the Space bar and Tooth Traps. This might be difficult to explain.

You can no longer hold the Space bar to pick up Tooth Traps, which is great. However, the traps now work strangely when other items are nearby. If, say, a Hound Attack occurs and you wish to reset your traps like you would in Together by holding Space, you can't unless you're directly on top of one of them. Items can't be picked up from a certain radius when a group of Tooth Traps is near them either, so you have to hold the Space bar when directly on top of an item or click it and risk picking up one of your Tooth Traps if they're tightly packed together. If you want to reset traps en masse, you'd still need to right-click each one individually or try and position yourself on top of one to use the Space bar.

In DST, you can still use Space to reset traps and pick up items without fear of picking up the traps. It's not exactly a one-to-one copy of the system used in DST if I had to summarize this in a small sentence.

29 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

The virgin biome full of chest full of hound's teeth vs chad use of hound teeth

Honestly I always just make like 80 Blowdarts and go wild on the Beefalo and other big game. Speaking of big game, sidenote, shame we can't have Koalaphant's in Hamlet alongside the Hippos to create sort of an African watering hole thing. Hope Hamlet gets some sort of tracks, at that.

Archived