Sign in to follow this  
QuadroMan1

A couple of winter ideas.

QuadroMan1    12

I feel like the Winter just isn't brutal enough yet (Loved watching the pre-release stream)

My idea begins with snow piling up, and the deeper it is the more it slows you down, and you can clear the snow with a shovel, so that you can shovel out your camp. And in the winter as a joke you should make the meat effigy slowly start to look more like a snowman!

Added Idea Of Mobius187:

"The first, we would need a slot for "Feet", and the second, the Devs would need to add snowshoes that would cancel the effects of the slowness caused by snow."

Added Idea Of MileniumCount:

"jackalope slippers counts as dapper clothes (needs two Jakalopes, Grass and Silk)

sneakers higher movement speed but decreases from 100% while you use it (good for retreat)"

Sneakers would probably have to degrade fast and maybe be made of pig skin, silk (needs laces), and grass

From Arkume_Beltz the English is a bit off so I'll re-write it:

Basically he's saying that if/when they add snowmen they should act as lures. Where as instead of attacking walls or you they would attack the snowman first (Assuming you haven't already aggrod the mob).

Edited by QuadroMan1

Silvi    29

I actually like the idea with the snow but let's wait till we all actually play the update. Then we can decide if it's brutal or not.

mobius187    30

My idea begins with snow piling up, and the deeper it is the more it slows you down, and you can clear the snow with a shovel, so that you can shovel out your camp.

So, you want to turn Don't Starve into a snow shoveling simulator? What has become of the world! :p

But seriously, I'm fine with the idea of snow slowing the player down, but ONLY if two updates were made to the game. The first, we would need a slot for "Feet", and the second, the Devs would need to add snowshoes that would cancel the effects of the slowness caused by snow. Otherwise I could see either trudging through snow slowly or shoveling your way everywhere as causing more grief than necessary.

I'm fine with the Meat Effigy looking like a snowman, except I recall hearing from the Devs that they would add actual snowmen into the game that would serve as defenders... which invariably drew comparisons with Minecraft.

MilleniumCount    2161

I'm fine with the Meat Effigy looking like a snowman, except I recall hearing from the Devs that they would add actual snowmen into the game that would serve as defenders... which invariably drew comparisons with Minecraft.

Really?I thought they are supposed to be evil snowman...! Defenders?

MilleniumCount    2161

Posted Image

Get out!^^

Slot for shoes, eh? Then we have to think of other shoes because we need something for the slot if there isn't winter.

Here are two suggestions:

jackalope slippers counts as dapper clothes (needs two Jakalopes, Grass and Silk)

sneakers higher movement speed but decreases from 100% while you use it (good for retreat)

Edited by MilleniumCount

Arkume Beltz    10

I like the idea of the snowshoes,Don't Starve are adding ideas really fast..the insanity is amazing..Maybe if add's snowmen that be like lure,can't move and can't do anything like real snowmens,but if you have"fortress"the enemies attacks and destroy the snowmens before attacks your walls,you can surround the snowmens with bee traps,etc..