[Game Update] - 309157

Jason

• Developer

Could you upload your log file from after the crash? I tested it with multiple crashing saves, but maybe I missed something.

Alternatively click "Submit Bug" on the crash screen, and mention the issue and if you mention your username I'll know it's your crash (they are anonymous)

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Could you upload your log file from after the crash? I tested it with multiple crashing saves, but maybe I missed something.

Alternatively click "Submit Bug" on the crash screen, and mention the issue and if you mention your username I'll know it's your crash (they are anonymous)

Alright, I submitted the bug and made sure to add my name so you will know it's me (name is the same as the one on here) :) 

Edited by MasteroftheTDS

• Developer

Hmmm, okay, I see what the issue is.

It's an interesting problem, that I don't know yet how I'm going to solve it. The game now reshuffles the presets so that they are assiged to the world type they belong to - So a Hamlet preset can't be accidentally applied to a Shipwrecked world, but your save has a preset that - as far as I know - could not be from the game, so the game fails to recognize what DLC to assign it to.

Could be a mod you once installed - doesn't seem your current mods would create something like it.

I'm sorry, I'll have to ponder how to solve this.

* As an extreme workaround I can offer two solutions if you want to edit your world settings now, but both have their issues.

1) Open the console in the mainscreen and enter 

Profile.persistdata.customizationpresets = {}

....however that will erase all your current worldgen presets.

2) Go to playerprofile.lua in the games data/scripts directory and change line 862 from
            assert(false)

assert(false)

to 

--       assert(false)

...that will keep most of your presets, but not the one it doesn't understand. Not ideal either, and you should do a verify game files after you succesfully went into the world customization screen once to restore the code to its original state.

Again, apologies, hope this helps.

• Thanks 4

9 hours ago, bizziboi said:

1) Open the console in the mainscreen and enter 

Profile.persistdata.customizationpresets = {}

....however that will erase all your current worldgen presets.

Wasn't a problem since I tend to only have one world at a time and I am frequently known for deleting worlds and starting over at random. Worked like a charm. Thank you :)

• Like 1