Wormwood rebalance/idea

Wormwood stats (150 hunger, 200 sanity, 150 health)

+ has the "green thumb tab" (living logs, poison balm, bramble husk, bramble trap, compost wrap)

+ can plant seeds in the ground (basic farm speed), can heal from fertilizer for 2 hp (ash, poop, guano)

+ blooms during spring, monsoon, lush "it" has a passive Wolfgang transformation without the 2x dmg

+ lure-plants, living vines, snap-traps (without food) are neutral

+ immune to hay fever

+/- gain sanity from planting, lose sanity from plants being destroyed (choppers, fires, diggers and picking flowers)

+/- attracts bees when blooming

- can't recover or lose health from any ingredients or meals

- can catch on fire easily and freeze from ice flingos

rebalance Wormwood stats (150 hunger, 125 sanity, 200 health)

+ has the "green thumb tab" (living logs, bramble husk, bramble trap, Reed roots, Light-blub roots, Lure-plant blub)

Reed roots (1 living log + 4 reeds) Light-blub roots (1 living log + 4 light-blubs) Lure-plants (3 living logs + 2 eggplants + 4 light-blubs)

+ immune to poison when blooming (spring, monsoon, lush), immune to hay fever

+ can plant seeds in the ground (improved farm speed), can heal from fertilizer for 3 hp (ash, poop, guano)

+ lure-plants, living vines, snap-traps are neutral

+/- Mix sides are the same

- Downsides are the same

honestly, the only issue I have with Wormwood is "green thumb" tab:

* poison balm/compost wrap - anti-venom/healing slave it's nothing special, I know some plants have medical uses but it's an unoriginal and isn't even that useful (10 ash=20hp). Which is main reason I suggested the reed roots/lureplant/lightbulb roots but if I had to get rid one of them it would be lightbulb roots

* fertilizer - your only easy way of healing is 2 hp per fertilizer; I get that is his main downside but there's little reason to 'eat' poop as ash does the same and is easier to get stacks of it. They should make ash +2 hp, poop +4 hp, guano +6 (on a side note should he be able to fertilize crops with ash)

* If these 2 changes happen here's a tip - get more honey poultice to offset Wormwoods downside and get unlimited living logs then craft bramble traps (hound/crocadogs waves are solved)

On 2/11/2019 at 1:32 PM, JJ0264 said:

* fertilizer - your only easy way of healing is 2 hp per fertilizer; I get that is his main downside but there's little reason to 'eat' poop as ash does the same and is easier to get stacks of it. They should make ash +2 hp, poop +4 hp, guano +6 (on a side note should he be able to fertilize crops with ash)

Ash is no longer usable.

They really should give easier ways to heal up, especially early game. Ashes should at least heal 1HP per item since they're incredibly easy to get.

Nitre is rare in Hamlet and is hard to mass produce. Sleeping (not in tent as silk is also rare with the monkeys still broken; they go extinct quite soon without player interference due to the flytraps plants) becomes the only viable health regen option. However, you cannot sleep in the middle of a fight, so wormwood really becomes a player who can barely do any large fights that require healing during the battle. While some may argue that you can kill almost anything without healing or armor, that is not true for most players under most circumstances.

Archived