How do I get my server to automaticallly reset when empty?

Not sure why anyone would want that, because that makes everyone start over all the time.

(Just imagine you play with some peeps, everyone takes a pee break and leaves for a minute to not get killed by a random hound attack, and you have to start over.)

But I guess to each their own, here ya go.

(And yes, it's a server mod.)

My server is being left empty in either winter/spring/summer, and almost no one wants to start the game in those seasons. Periodically, I'm manually resetting the server back to day 1, and the moment I do that, the server fills up with players.

I saw that "Reset on Empty" mod, but it hasn't been updated since 2015, and there's a guy saying that he's had it reset the server while he was transitioning into a cave. I'm skeptical that that is what the other server admins are using.

15 hours ago, xFleury said:

My server is being left empty in either winter/spring/summer, and almost no one wants to start the game in those seasons.

Fair enough.

15 hours ago, xFleury said:

it hasn't been updated since 2015, and there's a guy saying that he's had it reset the server while he was transitioning into a cave.

Just try it out then. Just add it to your server, launch it, and test a few scenarios, such as traveling to the caves, etc.

I asked the guy who's hosting all the "DST United States" servers (there's about 10 of them) what he's using to reset them, and he said he's manually resetting them.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:45 PM, linweiqing said:

捕获.PNG

Your post isn't self explanatory; is the highlighted part a change that needs to get made, or are you just emphasizing that the mod *should* work?

The #AllPlayers is defined outside of the scope of the code he used. Based on last comment apparently it doesn't take into consideration people that are transitioning between the two shards so I would go with a:

if #TheNet:GetClientTable() == 1 then

instead of the one highlighted line above. This should work for dedicated servers not player hosted servers, I mean those where [Host] is listed as a player.

9 hours ago, cezarica said:

The #AllPlayers is defined outside of the scope of the code he used. Based on last comment apparently it doesn't take into consideration people that are transitioning between the two shards so I would go with a:

if #TheNet:GetClientTable() == 1 then

instead of the one highlighted line above. This should work for dedicated servers not player hosted servers, I mean those where [Host] is listed as a player.

This is what I used to use:

local activeplayercount = #(TheNet:GetClientTable() or {}) - (TheNet:IsDedicated() and 1 or 0)

On 2019/2/15 at 11:43 AM, xFleury said:

I asked the guy who's hosting all the "DST United States" servers (there's about 10 of them) what he's using to reset them, and he said he's manually resetting them.

Your post isn't self explanatory; is the highlighted part a change that needs to get made, or are you just emphasizing that the mod *should* work?

Well, the following reply has already told you what I want to say.:p:wilsondisappointed:

Archived