The MOGOM (Manual Off-Gassing Oxygen Module) [Now MkII!]

This module requires the following researches:

• Advanced Automation
  • Brute Force Refinement

• Decontamination

This module has only two inputs: polluted water and dupe time. In return, it produces polluted oxygen.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f228c9d435bab6f884fe0c00b46caabd.pngimage.thumb.png.1f5dce543da4b6b661d70ce2c9ac29fb.pngimage.thumb.png.6db92b1dabde602fe5d0b011bc6735c7.png

image.thumb.png.41eb7fb2b7a8ac45608892b08d9f0f45.png

How it works:

The selected victim dupe collects polluted water from the water bottler, and tries to deliver it across the mesh doors (as the far emptier has higher priority). This triggers our makeshift memory cell, closing the door to the emptier, causing the dupe to drop the bottle of polluted water onto the deodorisers below. Then the dupe returns to deliver a bottle to the lower priority emptier, resetting the memory cell. Once that's done, the process repeats.

Automation wise we have two circuits. The lower airlock doors are the only route in (the doors above are set to exit only), so when your oxygen is at the wanted pressure, turning off the circuit causes your dupes to stop working, the dropped bottles to stop off-gassing, and the oxygen to stop exiting. The other circuit is mentioned above, and is responsible for causing the dupe to drop the bottles.

The important small details are:

• Both bottle emptiers must have self bottling enabled.

• The bottle emptier across the mesh doors must have higher priority than the one next to the pitcher pump.

• The upper door must be set to exit only.

• The buffer gate is set to 1 second.

@Neotuck are you proud senpai? :p

So after many cycles, I've discovered a problem: Dupes being too fast.

To address this you can do several things:

You can add obstacles for the dupe to climb over in the form of locked mesh doors.

You can have your dupe use an envirosuit without training.

You can have an asthmatic dupe.

You can expand the chasm.

All of the above.

19 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

slowest, cheapest method would be adding a manual airlock between it and the target emptier - you can automate behind it or in front of it with the pneumatic door.

Also, would allow door permission constraints on who may pass and thus who may perform chore.

Good idea! A series of slow ass doors along the way should work great. Just make sure to leave the first tile empty so when the dupe drops the bottle it's falling through a door.

It's a shame that dupe checkpoints make a dupe wait on the tile it's on.

On 09/02/2019 at 7:15 PM, The Plum Gate said:

slowest, cheapest method would be adding a manual airlock between it and the target emptier - you can automate behind it or in front of it with the pneumatic door.

Also, would allow door permission constraints on who may pass and thus who may perform chore.

To get back to you on this, I've yet to see a dupe get past the first door before the emptier is locked off, working like a charm. Might even be able to reduce the width by two thanks to it.

I'll be working on refining this some more. Currently I'm experience a massive pressure gradiant between inside (up to 17.1kg of oxygen) and outside (which is at a stable 2kg).

Some might see that as a benefit, but I'm aiming for as early game use as possible.

I'm also going to try and shrink it a bit by using unpowered mech doors to stop the dupe from reaching the emptier.

Right, I think this may be the smallest I can make it.

image.thumb.png.cbd15544bae40c5016b9683c93ba6bce.png

image.thumb.png.a130c64d0d3cc3f0760e1b17c2be6abb.png

I also moved the lower priority bottle emptier, as it could cause the pwater pool to overflow (oh how I wish we could bottle straight from the network like with gases) and made the dupe idle when it was actually emptying. As a consequence I unfortunately had to move the pressure plates over one, as dropped bottles could fall onto the reset and break the system. The module no longer produces clean oxygen within itself, which removes the problem of over-pressurisation and submerged deodorisers "bubbling" water over the sides. This also allowed me to move the carbon skimmer.

EDIT: Eurgh, still having trouble with bottles dropping onto the pressure plate. Gonna have to add a buffer to the lower door.

New and even more improved:

image.thumb.png.bb964d9471f220c230decb21fb6addaa.png

image.thumb.png.5a1bd6d47f722caf6947b5387e20fbb7.png

The buffer gate is set to 1 second, so no matter how fast the dupe is, the mechanised airlock won't open before the mesh gate locks.

Edit 2: Adding the bugger gate allows you to move the pitcher pump back adjacent to the pressure plates, reducing the width of it by 1.

Edit 3: Okay, so sometimes the dupe will bottle some water, get his task cut, then decide to bottle more water rather than take the already bottled water. This is what causes the problem. Replacing the lower mesh door with a mechanised airlock fixes the problem.

I swear, the most complex part about this build is the damned dupes.

Just now, GemeinerJack said:

just to throw something random in: duplicant checkpoint to hold the dupe in place for a while?

Both doesn't work, and isn't needed. An unpowered airlock door serves the same functionality at a lower tech level with less requirements.

A dupe checkpoint needs power, automation, and a tile beneath it (which means it won't work with an open door).

Archived