Compost button

Excess seeds from plants can be used as fertilizer. Currently you need to manually click on every seed to send it to the compost pile.

Would be great to have a button similar to 'sweep' for composting.

Further to my thought above, but more complicated:

If my base depends on fertilizer from compost, naturally it will be best if composting can be automatically assigned somehow. Just having a "compost" button would still require user input now and then.

Further to my thought above but more complicated.

It might be that the well being of the base depends on the fertilizer generated by the compost, therefore it will be useful to somehow set the game that certain collected items are automatically set to go to the compost heap.

Only having a 'compost' button would require some user input every now and then.

A workaround is set up a storage compactor for the seeds/spores that you want to compost. When there is enough in the compactor, de-select the seeds as storage items from that compactor, they fall to the ground in a single pile. You can then manually compost each type of seed but only need to do it once for each seed type.

I agree a compost button like the mop button would be very useful..

Automatically assigning excess items for composting would be great, but I wouldn't want the game to automatically mark every item of a given type for composting. For instance, I want to keep a certain number of seeds around but any over that number should be composted. Maybe make it so you can flag a storage as for composting and create a different storage of a higher priority for keeping things around, so you'd always have the other storage's set amount on hand.

11 hours ago, kevork said:

A workaround is set up a storage compactor for the seeds/spores that you want to compost. When there is enough in the compactor, de-select the seeds as storage items from that compactor, they fall to the ground in a single pile. You can then manually compost each type of seed but only need to do it once for each seed type.

I agree a compost button like the mop button would be very useful..

Instead of changing the storage compactor's settings, you can just click on the storage, find the seeds/spores that are stored there, click on them to select them, and then click Compost. The items will automatically be ejected from storage. You still have to do this for each item type but if you're only dealing with one per storage, it's faster than having to change storage settings and then change them back, I think.

1 hour ago, Tuhljin said:

Automatically assigning excess items for composting would be great, but I wouldn't want the game to automatically mark every item of a given type for composting. For instance, I want to keep a certain number of seeds around but any over that number should be composted. 

I'd like a button like sweep or mop, but if there was an automatic compost option in say a compost where one could choose what gets composted or not (like containers) then you could set a container to hold seeds to say priority 9, and the compost to priority 8, and the seeds will be put into the storage first until its full.

I'd be happy with a button to auto-compost like sweep or mop.

Archived