Automated egg cracking + boiled egg

Some may not know, but if a raw egg reaches a certain temperature, it will change into an omelette without a need of a Dupe. 

So my suggestion would be to add a way that, if the critter egg travels, let's say, 5 tiles before hitting a solid object, it will crack into it's basic components (egg shell & raw egg), without the need of Camille grabbing a spoon and literally beat the life out of the egg. Granted I don't know how difficult it would be to implement such thing.

With that in mind, it would be nice if the critter egg itself reached a certain temperature, it would turn into a Boiled Egg. Granted that each Critter egg would need a different temperature range to boil, because why would a molten lava slickster egg boil at 90ºC when that's too cold for the critter to survive, y'know? In this case there would be no egg shell dropped (yes, the dupes would eat the boiled shell, adds flavor).

I know these two suggestions are way down in the priority line but hey, if we can get omellete by dumping raw egg in a pool of boiling water, it'd be nice to get a boiled egg if we dumped one in the same pool.

2 hours ago, Deustodo said:

With that in mind, it would be nice if the critter egg itself reached a certain temperature, it would turn into a Boiled Egg. Granted that each Critter egg would need a different temperature range to boil, because why would a molten lava slickster egg boil at 90ºC when that's too cold for the critter to survive, y'know? In this case there would be no egg shell dropped (yes, the dupes would eat the boiled shell, adds flavor).

I'm of the opinion that there should be a mid-tier and late-game recipe for eggs with the former being one egg -> boiled egg and the latter being raw egg + mushroom -> mushroom omelette.  This would give us an end-game use for both raw egg and mushrooms, meaning every food ingredient in the game (save meal lice) would be viable throughout a colony's lifespan.

Archived