Stuck at pitcher pump?

I'm not sure what is wrong here, Travaldo is stuck at this pitcher pump, he pumps, a bottle appears and then disappears and he pumps again.  He is stuck there until I move him, then he moves right back and same thing.  What's going on?  Is it because the pool has both water and p. water? I've never had this happen before.

image.thumb.png.4cc6b8d25f7fb80a1027c945a1f38ce0.png

1 hour ago, Denisetwin said:

I'm not sure what is wrong here

Dig out they one clay tile near him over that ladder. Then check his navigation. I don't think he can traverse to the side of a ladder without jumping sideways by less than 2 tiles and this can't be accomplished from the current horizontal axis. Without that one clay tile, he may be able to get on top of the ladder, then climb down, then jump from ladder to ladder. Dupe pathfinding is floor top based.

edit, just wanted to add that in order to get on top of a ladder, he has to be able to stand on it. The floor of a ladder is the bottom of the ladder, not the top - this is a mixed bag of logic, I know. It doesn't make sense, especially the part below.

Some parts of my base get germs on the ladder if I have a section cut out of the ladder where there's a gap floor to floor with vertical run of ladder, they stop jumping on the ladder when I remove the section between and instead they jump the gap. this saves time.

=
    =
[_]   [_]
  to

=

[_]   [_]

this indicates that ladder has pathing with floor = to bottom, so it's in their path, they have to jump on it because it's a ladder and that's what they do. But the top also acts as a floor. so ladder bottom = floor, is priority over ladder top when a ladder section is in the way. I don't think they have an animation for that when there's floor bottom on tile = floor top where the top of bottom could be a floor. You could fig out the clay chunk in the way, or add a section of ladder below the clay.

It's a bug that Klei knows about and isn't high on their list of things to fix, apparently.

If you have a pitcher pump that has more than one liquid available; in your case water and pwater; the dupe can be unsuccessful at pumping and keep trying over and over again.

Move the pump down 1 tile so water is no longer an option, and you'll be able to get pwater from it successfully.

6 hours ago, biopon said:

It's a bug that Klei knows about and isn't high on their list of things to fix, apparently.

If you have a pitcher pump that has more than one liquid available; in your case water and pwater; the dupe can be unsuccessful at pumping and keep trying over and over again.

well that stinks, I build this here so they could get the water that has been cooled by the slush geyser.  GRR  now have to completely change how I was cooling it.

I found the bug report, maybe if we all "like" the report, ie up vote it, it will get more attention.

Archived