Jungle Ferns

Is there anyway to remove the jungle ferns? I cant build over them!

Simple fix would be to make them have no collision as they are purely cosmetic!

I know you can turn them off when starting a new world but that doesn't help me in my day 60 world lol

There's no way to get rid of them.

Klei don't nerf them I like the idea of preventing bases in the jungle. 

Although...

Maybe change neetles so that you can plant them above jungle ferns. Like with flowers- you can plant a lot of flowers in a place where every other item can't be build/planted.

This would be a nice change as finding a good spot for sprinkler and the realizing that you can only plant 7 neetles in its range is lowkey disappointing.

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

There's no way to get rid of them.

Klei don't nerf them I like the idea of preventing bases in the jungle. 

Although...

Maybe change neetles so that you can plant them above jungle ferns. Like with flowers- you can plant a lot of flowers in a place where every other item can't be build/planted.

This would be a nice change as finding a good spot for sprinkler and the realizing that you can only plant 7 neetles in its range is lowkey disappointing.

I feel like the lady bugs are more of a reason not to build there. Why wouldn't you want someone building there anyway?

On 1/31/2019 at 10:57 AM, JimmyJam said:

Is there anyway to remove the jungle ferns? I cant build over them!

Simple fix would be to make them have no collision as they are purely cosmetic!

I know you can turn them off when starting a new world but that doesn't help me in my day 60 world lol

They were placed there to prevent basing there, and again, as you said you can disable them with a new world, however I think you're out of luck with your 60+ world.

1 hour ago, Angel_Octoling said:

They were placed there to prevent basing there, and again, as you said you can disable them with a new world, however I think you're out of luck with your 60+ world.

When did the devs say that?

I really don't think that is the case. Like i said before the Spider Monkeys, Lady Bugs, and Snaptooths ect, will stop people from camping there. If the ferns are meant to stop people building then... that's just a bad way of doing it.

They need to change something. Be it the ferns or the way you farm nettles. You shouldn't have to change the game world to farm something that is really needed.

22 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

When did the devs say that?

I really don't think that is the case. Like i said before the Spider Monkeys, Lady Bugs, and Snaptooths ect, will stop people from camping there. If the ferns are meant to stop people building then... that's just a bad way of doing it.

They need to change something. Be it the ferns or the way you farm nettles. You shouldn't have to change the game world to farm something that is really needed.

Its a new game style, I don't find the ferns annoying at all and their primary reason to be there is to give you an idea your in a jungle like those leaves dancing above the UI,
They are aesthetics like the interior props of the shanty.

and OBVIOUSLY they are supposed to prevent you from making a base too easily inside a jungle. 

46 minutes ago, MWY said:

Its a new game style, I don't find the ferns annoying at all and their primary reason to be there is to give you an idea your in a jungle like those leaves dancing above the UI,
They are aesthetics like the interior props of the shanty.

and OBVIOUSLY they are supposed to prevent you from making a base too easily inside a jungle. 

But it also stops you farming nettles... so something needs to change.

14 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

But it also stops you farming nettles... so something needs to change.

You can farm neetles. 

Just... not 3 stacks perfectly placed with geometric placement. 

I have a neetles farm and there are like 18 neetles so enough to easily survive lush season

3 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

You can farm neetles. 

Just... not 3 stacks perfectly placed with geometric placement. 

I have a neetles farm and there are like 18 neetles so enough to easily survive lush season

Well then you got really really lucky. My world only has one small pond next to the deep jungle. I could plant about 3 nettles. I don't want to build in the jungle i just want to farm nettles. It all based on luck. You need a deep jungle next to a pond and hope there is room for nettles.

Just now, JimmyJam said:

(snip)

On 31.01.2019 at 6:20 PM, Szczuku said:

Although...

Archived