Some questions about DST skin DLC and redundant spools

Does klei plan to make the “Contenders Promo Chest” into DLC? 
I waited for days and it wasn't made into a new DLC. So I want to buy it as soon as possible on Steam shop and have it added to my DLC list. 

5c4ffc621f67b_QQ20190129141509.thumb.png.1a7b4b2889f3fd498fb35136f3ad9748.png5c4ffc65ce4ea_QQ20190129143734.thumb.png.579c6916e57721efb7d565d5dc1081bc.png

Because, during the Forge event in 2017, klei began to launch the skins designed and sold by themselves, which were not made into DLC, at that time, that is could not be given away through steam. In the spring of 2018, klei launched the “All Verdant Spring Chest”/”Beating Heart Chest” and made it into DLC, which can be given away through steam and can also be added to the DLC list. The new skin has always been like this, I love it.
 During the Forge event in 2018, klei made the old Forge skin into DLC together with the new Forge. In order to add them to my DLC list, I repurchased them through steam.
Because of the delay of DLC release, I bought these skin chest from the game in advance. After the release of DLC, I hope to add them to my DLC list, so I bought these skin chest again on Steam. 

Because the DLC was always delayed to Steam for every event or event, I paid double for it just to add more DLC collections, which some people might not understand. 

I broke down the excess skin and got a lot of spools, and now that I've accumulated 59,035 spools, I wonder what I'm going to do with them?
 20190129141405_1.thumb.jpg.dd935c09f6cea1337c80eaafb8e98949.jpg

Of course, during the event “Year of Pig King”, I'm not in the game to buy “Contenders Promo Chest”, because I want to wait for it on to the direct purchase of DLC after Steam.

Even though I have a lot of spools, I don't weave them.

20190129141225_1.thumb.jpg.7ff67a311b96ca7755bee7848b11be04.jpg

Can Klei get it on the shelves as soon as possible? Thanks.

Hahah, I think I've asked this question four times already in different threads, together with some of the other members. I would also like to know the answer!! Don't hold out on us, Klei. Anyway, I'm sure somebody will reply as soon as they have a good answer to give. :D

Maybe they are still undecided on how to proceed with the Lunar New Year skin bundles, since the event repeats annually but with different themes (rooster / dog / pig, etc) and want to keep it more exclusive for the different iterations. This is speculation on my part, however.

If i may ask, whats the advantage in buying them via steam as opposed to buying them in the in game store? (other than the gifting option?) 

Also, I was directed to steam to make the purchase with the contender bundle. Its the same with all other DLCs iirc. but yes if you buy in the in-game store, it doesnt show as a checked box in steam DLC list so i assumed its a bug?

You get the same in-game items and the prices is identical (there was some discrepancy for the first DLC when it was released, I think, but now there shouldn't be any difference). There is no advantage, except that it arguably looks neater to have the DLC list on your Steam page filled in.

2 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

You get the same in-game items and the prices is identical (there was some discrepancy for the first DLC when it was released, I think, but now there shouldn't be any difference). There is no advantage, except that it arguably looks neater to have the DLC list on your Steam page filled in.

i see, i wonder if its better for klei if via in-game store purchase, id love to support them directly if thats the case

Personally, I think Klei is working in future stuff (for the coming updates) right now and that's why we don't have Varg/Pig King bundles as DLC yet (also, we don't know when the current event ends too). 

So, maybe will took a while until we got a new official announcement about it.

37 minutes ago, Mahoood said:

If i may ask, whats the advantage in buying them via steam as opposed to buying them in the in game store? (other than the gifting option?) 

Some examples:

-Gives a chance to people who don't have the money (or free time) right now to get the new skins

-The DLC allows you to use some skins when you play a Beta test for DST

-Some people use them for the creation of mods (I don't know much about this exactly, because I don't use mods) 

-You can put a review, talking about the product itself and devs

1 hour ago, Mahoood said:

Also, I was directed to steam to make the purchase with the contender bundle. Its the same with all other DLCs iirc. but yes if you buy in the in-game store, it doesnt show as a checked box in steam DLC list so i assumed its a bug?

They appear on DLC list and you get those skins when you participate in the test server.
New players can purchase skins of past events and activities.
Send gifts to friends via steam.
Collect them,For example me.

Either way to buy, I think Valve will charge a certain amount of tax.

1 hour ago, Captain_Rage said:

Yes, but I will still collect them to enrich my DLC list as another support for klei.
But now I have a headache and I can't use up all those spools.

5c501a6da08b6_QQ20190129171822.gif.ab0c0de2def3a7562cbdb39243043e31.gif

I'm wondering how long until Klei responds to this or makes some sort of announcement that the Contenders Promo chest is on Steam DLC store. However, they didn't make those announcements during Forge or any other set of skins, last time they announced it was during the Gorge. Sad Bois :( I just want to use the new Wolfgang skin.

Archived