Compression and expansion triggering phase transitions

Now hear me out, none of this nonsense about compression and expansion causing temperature change.

What I'm suggesting is that when a gas or liquid reaches a certain mass, is transitions to the next state (so gas -> liquid; liquid -> solid).

Likewise, when a liquid (or a solid, I guess?) reaches a certain mass, it transitions to a gas (or liquid for solids).

How would it work in terms of temperature? The game could have trouble keeping the element in the correct phase if the temperature isn`t right.

It would be a simple solution to a complicated problem and i like that. I`m interested if you have any designs in mind that might use this sort of mechanic? Or is it just to break the infinite storage exploits?

I was thinking that mass would take priority over temperature.

I came up with it to break infinite storage, but I can see cases where it could occur naturally. It'd also be cool to see what designs could be made with it.

3 hours ago, Yunru said:

I was thinking that mass would take priority over temperature.

I came up with it to break infinite storage, but I can see cases where it could occur naturally. It'd also be cool to see what designs could be made with it.

So you're saying I could create 300 C ice by compressing steam to a very high density?  Could I force ice to form inside a Steam Turbine that way?  What should happen then?

You were a little vague, so I'm not sure if increasing mass means gas -> liquid -> solid or the reverse.  Either way, it's also not clear how you go from solid -> liquid -> gas.  If the mass of a liquid goes < 1 g, it turns to gas?

This system would make Sour Gas condensation trivial, because I'd just pump it into a room until it all condenses into Methane.  No thermodynamics needed at all.  I could leave it all at 500+ C.  Making LOX and liquid H2 would be similarly trivial, would it not?

Ihrer dont know how it works in reality but i could imagine that mechanic checking for both PRESURE AND TEMPERATUR. And it propably shouldnt work for all materials.But those already found in gaseus or liquid Staates (Oxygen hydrogen Walter etc)Would benifit from that.they coucould also ad somit dort of Piston or presurepump.(Im amagening a tile (Out of steel?)that if powerd and Höcker to an activ automationgrid would extend ,this reducing the space inside the room and incresing presure.I can already imagine some automated presurepump designs with autometed doors and that piston/pump.

Archived