What are your suggestions in volcano season?

Bleksmits

Hi all time was stuck with Rog and Dst only. Now im decided to play Shipwrecked and this dlc started to like more and more. only in volcano season happened thing like this.

20190123022324_1.thumb.jpg.c999d2edb66bebfb2354e60408e22096.jpg

Welcome to my base! 

I read tips about moving to live in volcano biome  and feed volcano altar with nightmare fuel, but it must be bit frustrating. or i can give some thing better to volcano god to let me live more days in peace or just skip this season in Rog world? Please tell me what is your experience with this and solution, because i am new in sea.

I'm also exploring shipwrecked for the first time in the last weeks, so I can understand your trouble. My current strategy is to leave the island after the first warning and dodge the dragoon eggs on sea. If you paying attention and have some light for the night, it's not that hard, but still a risky thing.

If you still want to feed the volcano altar you could feed him with doydoy feathers, but you have to find the two doydoys first and let them reproduce. I tried that once, but with my current knowledge of the game it's to time consuming in the first year, if you didn't find them early enough.

You should try to make only a small temporary base and find volcano asap.

Then choose an Island that's big and close to volcano. That way you can easily travel to volcano and your base.

Also after 2nd warning I'd recomment going on your boat and swim away to the sea. That way when eruption happens you on't be in your base.

Make small base on island, travel there every 2-3 to appease volcano god at the altar with shark skins or tiger eye.    These last about 3 days.    I haven’t had an eruption in hundreds of days and made my permanent base next to volcano.   Plenty of coffee so travel across entire map is very quick.

Archived