AETN still works at -140C?

4 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

AETN stops working when the gas they are in reach phase change point. It can stop working at different temperatures based on the gas around but you can`t use it to change the gas it`s in into liquid.

Sorry, but my sour gas condenser proves otherwise.  And I know several other folks are using AETNs to condense sour gas, so...I'm pretty sure the -173 C is the only actual limit.  Heck, I was working on my AETN and also had liquid chlorine and liquid CO2 sloshing around the bottom, because I was sloppy and let a bunch of junk gases in.

13 hours ago, Lawnmower Man said:

Sorry, but my sour gas condenser proves otherwise.  And I know several other folks are using AETNs to condense sour gas, so...I'm pretty sure the -173 C is the only actual limit.

I`m pretty sure it has different temperatures when it shows "too cold" based on the element around. Maybe it was the freezing point not the condensation point. Lately i`ve been using those things just to cool my electrolizers. I just remember it stopping at higher temps ocasionally but i don`t know the hard limit.

4 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I`m pretty sure it has different temperatures when it shows "too cold" based on the element around. Maybe it was the freezing point not the condensation point. Lately i`ve been using those things just to cool my electrolizers. I just remember it stopping at higher temps ocasionally but i don`t know the hard limit.

Maybe that was old behavior that's since been modified?

Archived