Getting dupes too quickly?

8 hours ago, Neotuck said:

symmetry

Whew...was gonna say, that's like 5 kW of entertainment in two rooms...I don't think I have that much power consumption concentrated anywhere on my map yet.  And if late game dupes need 5 kW during downtime, then I'm gonna need to build another power plant!

7 minutes ago, Lawnmower Man said:

Whew...was gonna say, that's like 5 kW of entertainment in two rooms...I don't think I have that much power consumption concentrated anywhere on my map yet.  And if late game dupes need 5 kW during downtime, then I'm gonna need to build another power plant!

I think the buff lasts for 2 cycles so they wouldn't do it every down time

On 1/17/2019 at 12:20 AM, Sasza22 said:

I`m not saying my apporach is the best and everybody should do the same. I`m just pointing out that getting stuck in the starting biome for too long might end in resources running low. It`s good to explore the outer parts for extra supplies but only when you are ready for it. Especially if it involves digging through slime biomes.

I have no issue with that. But the speed you need to do it at depends a lot on how many dupes you take and how fast. As an extreme case, you may start with one dupe (killing 2 initial ones, I may try this some time) and have then lots of time to get things to work and to start exploring. 

Hence I do not object to your advice, I do object only to the "100 cycles". 

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

I have no issue with that. But the speed you need to do it at depends a lot on how many dupes you take and how fast. As an extreme case, you may start with one dupe (killing 2 initial ones, I may try this some time) and have then lots of time to get things to work and to start exploring. 

Hence I do not object to your advice, I do object only to the "100 cycles". 

I just spoke from my personal experience. When i progressed in the game too slowly i was getting stuck on mealwood and low on resources. Then i saw most people are progresing way faster towards the outer biomes sometimes even mining out everything. Of course you can take your time. I even prefer to play slowly. But even a small amount of dupes will run out of resources at one point. That`s why i think the faster you move out the better.

the gold volcano is kinda wrecking one of my ice biomes, even though it's encased in insulated ceramic

Try double layering the insulated tiles. Start with an obsidian layer then another tile layer of whatever you want around it (I personally use igneous).

The reason I say to make the inner layer obsidian is because after a while, the temp inside can get to 2000+ F, which will melt most other mats (obsidian has around a 4200 F melting point).

11 hours ago, Bluefoxfire said:

Try double layering the insulated tiles. Start with an obsidian layer then another tile layer of whatever you want around it (I personally use igneous).

The reason I say to make the inner layer obsidian is because after a while, the temp inside can get to 2000+ F, which will melt most other mats (obsidian has around a 4200 F melting point).

Double layer insulating tiles (indigenous for most uses) is a pretty good replacement for abyssalite. So far I never hat any problems with that approach.

Well, had to uproot most of my mushrooms (just left one) and half of my mealwood with the farm set at priority 2.  Too many food at this point, cycle 57 and about 7 dupes.  Better base design, maybe?  I can definitely get more dupes now especially with my terrarium area off-gassing like crazy, but slow and steady for now.

Archived