I wish i could have a final fight with Maxwell in an other dimension (maybe shadow or hell dimension) once reached the portal (the wooden thing that now allows us to change world), and after defeated him, i wish to see Max transforming into Grue, for a new and more difficult boss fight (perhaps in more phases).In this way we should direct all our efforts to preapir this final battle. And so that portal would be good for something else ;)After we have defeated also Grue we could choose to remain in our world (maybe with some advantages, for example: nights not completely dark, the absence of the monster that kills us in the dark (actually grue xD), and cetera), or choose to leave and return to the world we belong to (with an ending movie perhaps).I hope that my suggestion will be considered.

Welcome to the forums!Not sure why Maxwell would ever bother fighting you; considering he trapped you in an hostile environment without any difficulties.A little generic, I have to say. I can't imagine Wilson killing Maxwell, it's a little off.

I think the fight between Maxwell and Wilson is more intellectual than physical. Maxwell could have killed Wilson in the first place. But he wants Wilson to starve or die because he can't survive in the world he ''created''? Or he wants to teach him a lesson?I don't think there will be a fight nor is it needed in my opinion.

This topic has come up before, as you can well imagine, and I could never see it happening, or at least, not as a physical fight. In the past I've compared Maxwell to something akin to Nyarlathotep... a godlike being of unimaginable power that toys with mortals and spreads chaos. As the Devs have admitted to being influenced by H.P. Lovecraft and his works in the Cthulhu Mythos, it wouldn't surprise me if Maxwell was one of Nyarlathotep's avatars. We know so little about Maxwell's true motives for abandoning the characters on the island or the reason behind the portals.

If we do a mind game....To fight directly against Maxwell with spear or sword sounds silly to me. It could work if you have to destroy some sorts of devices which give Maxwell his power (portals/somethinglikethis) while he shots magical fire at you or summons creatures. In the end you enslave him and become the new Maxwell....the end.