PLEASE make it so dupes dont drop things for no reason

Im getting sick, of dupes dropping everything they were holding, when their shift ends/when their breath meter hits 99% (yes, its not that bad, but im still mad that they go 2 seconds without breath, and then they drop whatever they were doing and start panicking)

PLEASE, make it so they dont drop things that are on their BACKS (not in their hands!) until they deliver it where it needs to go, or until they pick up something else. 

I have a hole full of like 30 different things, just because these idiots go 2 seconds without breath, then just let go of everything, and it falls to the bottom of the shaft

Even with more oxygen stops, the problem still stands. Dupes will eventually run out of breath when mining far from the established base and drop their items. Even worse if it's over a massive pool of liquid or some other unreachable place. And simply saying "just make exosuits" doesn't exactly cut it when you're first starting a game, for example. There may be solutions, but they are not necessarily good ones. Especially with the quality of life focus that's going on now, it would be nice to have this mechanic changed.

More than a matter of oxygen, any duplicant that hold material should finish his task at breakdown or before going to eat.

For all breath issues, has said, there's solutions like using atmosuit, or providing oxygen.

It's our duty to manage this.

11 hours ago, KennKun said:

Even with more oxygen stops, the problem still stands. Dupes will eventually run out of breath when mining far from the established base and drop their items. Even worse if it's over a massive pool of liquid or some other unreachable place. And simply saying "just make exosuits" doesn't exactly cut it when you're first starting a game, for example. There may be solutions, but they are not necessarily good ones. Especially with the quality of life focus that's going on now, it would be nice to have this mechanic changed.

It`s not a thing made to annoy us. It`s a part of the game that`s a challenge to manage. If you can`t provide oxygen to further regions you can`t reliably mine them. It`s about creating a layout where dupes can do their jobs without suffocating. It`s about learning how to manage our bases.

That said there are improvements that can be done for the system. Finishing a task when th dupe is not at risk of death (like during break time) would be nice. Or dupes continuing the task they stopped for catching breath after they can breath again.

As far as i know the system makes them drop resources everytime they can`t complete the task and usually they find another different task after. I wonder if they could make them remember what they were doing so they can finish it instead of walking back to base.

Archived