Fix behavior of liquids and gases in pipes.

In any open space liquids and gases behave less or more intuitive. Things change when they get in pipes with a few forks. Liquid can stuck without visible reason, roaming left-right. If pipe have a fork and first direction is filled completely, in the second direction liquid flows slower, with spaces.

It seems, pieces of gas or liquid behave in pipes like a mouse in labyrinth.is there some reason, why this behavior model is selected? Can you change model to something based on pressure?

The liquid movement is pretty simple. moves from input(white arrow) to output(green arrow). Packet getting "indecisive" happens when the pipes have stuff like 2 inputs and no output in between them. It`s pretty confusing fro beginners but after you get the hang of it it`s easy. Bridges can be used to guarantee the liquid is flowing the right way.

Helpful guide:

I actually agree with op. If you rebuild and reuse pipes already built the seems to "remember" old setup causing sometimes liquid and gas to "jump around". I already put suggestion to make possibility to setup direction on pipse like an addition in case something like that happen. I often rebuild stuff in my base and have constant problems with this - one trick i found out is if some part of pipes behave like that - cut it and put bridge at the end to "reset" direction of pipes- pipe has to have output for that of course.  Sometimes it works, sometimes i have to cut pipe pn smaller pieces. Som etimes rebuild ( and this also doesn't always work. Looks like tiles has some sort of "memory" whitch direction it should flow)

I know it sounds like i'm paranoid btw

Archived