In game mods

On 12/9/2018 at 12:01 PM, Theif005 said:

Hello, can you make an in game mods like in settings of the game ,  I would love to know if this is possible.

Thank you!

Sony doesn't allow mods.

I wish Klei would give us console players a break and add some features that PC players get through mods like Geometric Placement, AFK weekly drop mod, etc... or even God Mode would be a nice touch.

The game is getting stale, every week is the same old thing and repetition for drops... Zzz.

Uhm... Sony allows mods as far back as the early days of the PS3 they have allowed them. Unreal III was the first to use them(that i am aware of). If you bought the PC version when it came out you could build your own mods and transfer them over to the PS3 version, you could also go to mod websites download said mods to a sd card or flash drive and install them on your system. Later on when they(Epic) released the Titan update they even had a mod store in the game.

The two catches are 1 the game developers have to give the game the abilty to install & run them and 2 they are built on PC versions of said games tested and then ported/downloaded over to the console. I'm sure there is a couple other rules and aspects i'm not mentioning but they are allowed. 

Unfortunately for us the console version of the game does not have the capability to use mods, and would likely require the game to be completely rebuilt, which of course is not gonna happen. Maybe down the road if they make a DST2 they'll consider putting the ability in. I know i would regardless of what game i made, as it can keep a game fresh for years even after developers abandon them, so long as the community wants to work on them, a game will always have a lifeline. Not to mention one of my favorite reasons for mods is it gives amateur coders/developers a chance to showcase their abilities and gives them real world experience and feedback.

On 12/9/2018 at 8:01 PM, Theif005 said:

I would love to know if this is possible

It definitely is possible, like diego_arabian said Fallout 4 has mods on ps4, maybe not as many as on PC but still a lot. If Devs are willing to implement the same idea to DST on PS4 is a different matter.

In my opinion DST has no future on PS4... We are still waiting for The Forge which was actually never confirmed that we will receive it at all, object placement is a nightmare and almost every update is coming out with a huge delay (I know that most games releases updates a bit later on PS4 than PC but not as much as here)...

In conclusion DST is a great game if you play on PC, I personally prefer sitting in my comfy armchair in front of a big TV screen instead so I will not invest my money in a nice gaming PC because of DST only (I know you can plug PC to a TV and use wireless mouse and keyboard but you all know it is not the same as controller).

7 hours ago, MrHenry04 said:

In my opinion DST has no future on PS4... We are still waiting for The Forge which was actually never confirmed that we will receive it at all, object placement is a nightmare and almost every update is coming out with a huge delay (I know that most games releases updates a bit later on PS4 than PC but not as much as here)...

I sadly have to agree with you. I mean PS4 version is so far behind PC its insane.

We never got the metheus puzzle, no skin shop, never got Forge, we are missing some music, the lock on system is very obnoxious even though they tried to fix it with multiples update but it still could use some improvement just try to fight fuelweaver you will see what I mean. I could keep going but its useless because even if you try to make a post about it Klei will just ignore it like if the issue never existed in the first place.

I know that Steam makes it easier for indie studio to publish and update their games compare to Sony and Microsoft. But even that seems like a bad reason. For comparison recently Darkest Dungeon, from Red Hook Studios an other indie studio, released a new dlc call Color of Madness which first drop on PC and a few month after on PS4. While it took a bit of time for PS4 to get it at least now all version are on the same page. Don't Starve Together on the other hand...

I kind of expect to summon some Don't Starve cultist who will curse anyone attempting to criticise holy Klei instead of worshipping them but at this point I don't care.

Archived