Burner: Burns coal, petroleum etc into scalding heat

On my map, I got no volcanoes, that means that high grade heating is a lot more complicated. As I cannot get Steam as easily, and neither boil Oil to petroleum, and petroleum to sour gas. Thats a surprising amount of options that get more difficult.

I had to make a Petroleum Engine, and fly off into space while utilizing the hot exhaust every time I wanted a batch of sourgas which I could cool, a ridicilous, but funny solution. But if only there was a way to simply burn materials for heat...

Thats why I suggest the Burner, with its simple name of course. It is 2x2 and has a plumbing/ventilation input, which are both optional. An automation input. No electricity required. Its UI allows you to choose whatever you want to burn, and its requirements to be continious. Say, Coal or Petroleum will need that component itself, Oxygen in its vincinity, and outputs Carbon dioxide, but will output an impressive amount of heat which I can not name exactly. Perhaps it can burn Hydrogen as well in Oxygen environments.

Rocket trips to the Volcano planet could bring home some sort of new burnable alien material which can be used in the burner to create a large sum of heat with no additional exhaust or requirements.

What you decide to use with this building is up to the player, but it gives the player a viable option to create high temperatures without a volcano or a way too gimmicky rocket-exhaust gathering station.

1 hour ago, Alfons100 said:

On my map, I got no volcanoes, that means that high grade heating is a lot more complicated. As I cannot get Steam as easily, and neither boil Oil to petroleum, and petroleum to sour gas. Thats a surprising amount of options that get more difficult.

I had to make a Petroleum Engine, and fly off into space while utilizing the hot exhaust every time I wanted a batch of sourgas which I could cool, a ridicilous, but funny solution. But if only there was a way to simply burn materials for heat...

Thats why I suggest the Burner, with its simple name of course. It is 2x2 and has a plumbing/ventilation input, which are both optional. An automation input. No electricity required. Its UI allows you to choose whatever you want to burn, and its requirements to be continious. Say, Coal or Petroleum will need that component itself, Oxygen in its vincinity, and outputs Carbon dioxide, but will output an impressive amount of heat which I can not name exactly. Perhaps it can burn Hydrogen as well in Oxygen environments.

Rocket trips to the Volcano planet could bring home some sort of new burnable alien material which can be used in the burner to create a large sum of heat with no additional exhaust or requirements.

What you decide to use with this building is up to the player, but it gives the player a viable option to create high temperatures without a volcano or a way too gimmicky rocket-exhaust gathering station.

It can be a good Furnance...

Nice idea.

I think we could use an equivalent of the fire pit from DS. Just throw inside anything that can burn. and collect CO2 and heat. Amounts based on the material. Higher for coal/petroleum lower for algae/seeds. Maybe refined metals could combust into ore but would require additional fuel.

We got internal combustion research so why not make it external.

Archived