tall grass to regular grass conversion

I noticed that digging up regular grass and tall grass gives the same item, and depending on turf you plant it its gonna be either of those. My question is: is it supposed to be that way? Tall grass is both more difficult and more rewarding as you need a machete to harvest it, or shears for extra efficiency, it introduces a new challenge, and there are the regular grass tufts protected by the guards if you want regular veraity. It gives you a choice between spending resources on grass, or fighting your way for the easier version.

I think they should stay separete entities and have the player decide which one he wants. What do you guys think?

Bonus: Poisonous Village

2 hours ago, Ther.exe said:

Ive been digging up normal grass from inside those rooms in the ruins. Can I really just dig up the other more common kind and plant it around my house and it will turn into the normal easily picked kind?

Yes, you can. ;)

Yeah, that's my point. I never even tried digging up tall grass becuase why would I want it, if I can kill a pig guard and take the easier version. Only found out by accident when hippo attacked something, dug the tufts and they stacked with the regular ones I've been digging up

19 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

its kinda the same item, but it becomes tall grass when planted on wild turf, and normal grass when planted on civilized turf

Ineed, and itprobably have been hard coded to be that way. I just was wondering if people knew about this and what was their opinion. I myself would prefer if they stayed separete, it would make it more harder that way.

10 hours ago, Skrzelik said:

Ineed, and itprobably have been hard coded to be that way. I just was wondering if people knew about this and what was their opinion. I myself would prefer if they stayed separete, it would make it more harder that way.

Absolutely.

While it seems to be better at surface value to "transform" tall grass into regular grass tuft, the opposite is true.

Tall grass give you 2 grass per if you use shears (once you know how to power mine iron hulks iron is no problem) and if you have enough planted weevoles can spawn. Their carapace are incredibly useful.

Meanwhile having a field of regular grass in hamlet give you less grass than a tall grass one and nothing else.

Archived