A thought towards the stealing mechanics

Stealing system is pretty funny, but people just seems to abuse it all the time. (especially when last update give us a bank.) 

However, stop refreshing a shelf if it gets stolen doesn't feel so logical. Also seeing an empty store is petty frustrating to me.

My ideas are, 

1, add a kind of shelf with alarms attached, when player steal from that, it'll make huge noices and draw some guards.

But you can disable that alarm, either with some sciency stuff later, or learning a certain password, or obtain the key to that shelf.

2, only expensive goods, like the 100-oincs coin, miner hat, dragon fruit, etc, are protected by alarm installed shelves. 

3, when stealing gets petty often in a pig's town, citizens will take action and set up more alarms to prevent crime, and remove alarms after a few days when peace is back. (This can act like a cool down timer for shop lifting.)

4, Player can build chests with alarms, too? I haven't thought of how this could work.

In real life, stealing will eventually get caught. So easy logic, stealing has a chance to get caught, and the chance can be related to the price of the item. When being caught, two royal guards will spawn and keep chasing you until you kill them. These days royal guard is very hard to kill, so it is a good enough drawback for stealing. 

I like the idea that stealing items won't be replaced, if only it is not forever. Maybe we can try stop refreshing for 5 days?

10 hours ago, Tropka said:

How can u steal items? Oo

Spoiler

They've made is much MUCH harder now, but to put it simple, you can steal from sleeping pig shop keeps. Use things like the Pan Flute or eating a Mandrake to put them to sleep. Ice staff doesn't work. 
Stealing makes Krampus hate your guts, too. So that's nice. Also, stolen items don't get replaced. So, if you keep stealing you'll end up with a dead shop.

15 hours ago, PuffinBy said:

1, add a kind of shelf with alarms attached, when player steal from that, it'll make huge noices and draw some guards.

But you can disable that alarm, either with some sciency stuff later, or learning a certain password, or obtain the key to that shelf.

There's "Disarming tools" in Hamlet already, used up quickly, but they disarm traps. Why not just use that?

Something that tries to kill you would be good to stop people from stealing early on and getting way too much of an advantage compared to normal play. Or maybe make it harder to get the thief hat/mask. Im not sure how stealing works to be honest. A prison island is an amazing idea that I wish I thought of. Literally the best idea anyones ever had. Similiar to the big friggin birds island. You get takin there against your will and need to escape. Maybe bribe some gaurds with your items so they let you out. And ofcoarse some special item you can only get here by killing one of the strong inmates. Then return to the normal island through pipes going under the water.

Edit: I just remembered that its clouds, not water.

Archived