Downloads: Italian Translation FULL - 12/06 IT'S NOT A ROCK! UPDATE

Linker

Downloads: A new file has been added by Linker:

Italian Translation

Hello guys, this is my Italian translation for Don't Strave, enjoy it ;)

Changelog:

Version 1.10.1 IT'S NOT A ROCK! UPDATE + small corrections

[*] Version 1.9.2 very small fix (thanks to [MENTION=48099]E1eutz[/MENTION])

[*] Version 1.9.1 very small update (only one string added)

[*] Version 1.9 CAVE UPDATE

[*] Version 1.8.2 very small update

[*] Version 1.8.1 END OF BETA UPDATE 23/04

[*] Version 1.7 THE END IS NIGH UPDATE

[*] Version 1.6.3 made a lot of corrections and changes as suggested by [MENTION=13012]fuomag9[/MENTION]

[*] Version 1.6.2 made some corrections and changes. Thanks to [MENTION=13012]fuomag9[/MENTION]

[*] Version 1.6.1 "DOORWAY TO ADVENTURE UPDATE" revisited version + some fix to old updates

[*] Version 1.6 "DOORWAY TO ADVENTURE UPDATE" preliminary version.

[*] Version 1.5.1 "A Little Rain Must Fall" Hot Fix 1

[*] Version 1.5 A LITTLE RAIN MUST FALL UPDATE + [MENTION=10271]WrathOf[/MENTION] New PO File Translator support + small corrections.

[*] Version 1.4.2 - Small fixes and updated to latest patch; Character quotes and descriptions now seems to work properly.

[*] Version 1.4.1 - WrathOf Fixed some syntax errors.

[*] Version 1.4 - Added string from "A Winter's Tale"; Update, converted to .po format

[*] Version 1.3 - Added Ms Wickerbottom; TRANSLATION COMPLETED

[*] Version 1.2 - Added Wolfgang and Wendy translation

[*] Version 1.1 - Added wx78 and Willow translation

[*] Version 1 - Initial Release

Installation

Place italian.po in "YourSteamInstallationFolder\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\languages\"

and add

LanguageTranslator:LoadPOFile("data\\scripts\\languages\\italian.po", "it")
to language.lua file in the same folder. (if it is not present you can download it from this post)

What is in progress:

[*]Grammar checking

[*]Typing errors checking

[*]Verification of matches in the game

Please pm me to report errors or corrections.

---------------------------------------ITALIANO---------------------------------------

Ciao, questa è la mia traduzione in Italiano di Don't Starve, divertitevi!

Modifiche:

Version 1.10.1 IT'S NOT A ROCK! UPDATE + piccole correzioni

[*] Version 1.9.2 piccola correzione (grazie a [MENTION=48099]E1eutz[/MENTION])

[*] Version 1.9.1 micro aggiornamento (aggiunta solo una frase/traduzione)

[*] Version 1.9 CAVE UPDATE

[*] Version 1.8.2 mini aggiornamento

[*] Version 1.8.1 FINE DELLA BETA UPDATE 23/04

[*] Version 1.6.3 Inserite parecchie correzioni e modifiche come suggerito da [MENTION=13012]fuomag9[/MENTION]

[*] Version 1.6.2 Inserite alcune correctione e modifiche . Grazie a [MENTION=13012]fuomag9[/MENTION]

[*] Version 1.6.1 "DOORWAY TO ADVENTURE UPDATE" versione corretta + alcune correzioni alle vecchie versioni.

[*] Version 1.6 "DOORWAY TO ADVENTURE UPDATE" versione preliminare.

[*] Version 1.5 A LITTLE RAIN MUST FALL UPDATE + supporto a [MENTION=10271]WrathOf[/MENTION] New PO File Translator + piccole correzioni.

[*] Version 1.4.2 - Piccole correzioni e aggiornamento all'ultima patch; Le descrizioni e farsi dei personaggio ora sembrano funzionare.

[*] Version 1.4.1 - WrathOf Ha corretto alcuni errori sintattici.

[*] Version 1.4 - Aggiunte frasi da "A Winter's Tale"; Update, convertito al formato .po

[*] Version 1.3 - Aggiunta traduzione di Ms Wickerbottom; TRADUZIONE COMPLETA

[*] Version 1.2 - Aggiunte traduzioni di Wolfgang e Wendy

[*] Version 1.1 - Aggiunte traduzioni di wx78 e Willow

[*] Version 1 - versione iniziale

Installazione

[*]Mettere italian.po in "VostraCartellaDiIstallazioneDiSteam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\languages\"

e aggiungere

al file language.lua nella stessa cartella. (se non è presente scaricatela da questo post)

Cosa è in corso:

[*]Controllo grammaticale

[*]Verifica degli errori di battitura

[*]Verifica delle corrispondenze nel gioco

Per favore mandatemi un messaggio privato per segnalare errori e/o correzioni.

Edited by Linker
Version 1.10.1 IT'S NOT A ROCK! UPDATE

Looking good! Almost done! :applause:Curious though why you skipped these:STRINGS.UI.CRAFTING.NEEDSCIENCEMACHINE = [[use a science machine to build a prototype!]]STRINGS.UI.CRAFTING.NEEDALCHEMYENGINE = [[use an alchemy engine to build a prototype!]]STRINGS.UI.CRAFTING.CANTRESEARCH = [[some things are unknowable]]or are the translations waaayy too long to fit? :D

[MENTION=10673]Linker[/MENTION]

Please update your download with this revised version. I fixed some syntax errors keeping some of your translations from showing up in the game. [ATTACH]4048[/ATTACH]

Also be aware that the character quotes and descriptions for the character selection screen are not working via the po file yet. This is something Klei will have to address in a future update.

The syntax error's I was coming across (not your fault) look similar to below:

Wrong syntax:

#: STRINGS.MAXWELL_QUEST_SURVIVE.2

msgid "You better find something to eat before night comes!"

msgstr ""

"Faresti meglio a trovare qualcosa da mangiare prima che giunga la notte!"

versus the correct version

#: STRINGS.MAXWELL_QUEST_SURVIVE.2

msgid "You better find something to eat before night comes!"

msgstr "Faresti meglio a trovare qualcosa da mangiare prima che giunga la notte!"

Revised Italian PO file for Winter Update.zip

Wonderful,free correction! :love_heart: I noticed the syntax errors while looking for a solution for the the character quotes and descriptions bug. I thought that it wasn't a real problem because it seems that poEdit considered those as strings concatenation (blank string + string). Thank you again, mate.

• Like 1

[MENTION=10673]Linker[/MENTION]No problem, was a good test case for me to check over and work with the new po system. Bigfoot is investigating the bugs but it should be ok for now.EDIT:The problem with the syntax bugs was that the game could not *see* your translations to show them....it must be in the expected format to work correctly.

Edited by WrathOf

[MENTION=10673]Linker[/MENTION]The devs pushed out a hotfix today that included an updated strings.pot file. They tweaked the phrases for the tents.But the main thing is if you import the changes in POedit (Catalog->Update from POT file...) you should now see the program ids as translator notes, i.e. STRINGS.CHARACTER.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.TENT so it is easier to know what the text relates to.Don't worry about the error on "\r"....I'll check with Bigfoot on removing those from the strings.lua file in a future update.

[MENTION=10271]WrathOf[/MENTION]Every time I save the file with poEdit, I must correct again the error with double quotes. example:msgstr """Faresti meglio a trovare qualcosa da mangiare prima che giunga la notte!"Any suggestions? Currently, to avoid the problem, I'm using notepad++ to edit and poEdit only to validate the file.

[MENTION=10673]Linker[/MENTION]Oh, Bigfoot worked that out the other day. Don't worry about that anymore. The latest hotfix to the game correctly processes the way POedit saves long phrases.I think POedit is doing that to make the po file printable (80 character line width)

[MENTION=10673]Linker[/MENTION]Here is your po file in the new format that fixes the missing duplicate text issue....http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43476419/New%20Italian%20PO%20file%20for%20Winter%20Update.zipYou will need to use my New PO File Translator mod in order for the game to support this new po file format. Make sure you list it as a requirement in your mod's download page.Also, I will be providing a new pot file for the pending game update once it is available so you can update your po file with all the new text.

[MENTION=10271]WrathOf[/MENTION]

ok, I will release this new version with the new game update.

EDIT: created an alternative version and added to download page with the new format.

Edited by Linker

Downloads: A new file has been added by Linker:

Italian Translation

Hello guys, this is my Italian translation for Don't Strave, enjoy it ;)

Version 1.8.1 END OF BETA UPDATE (?) 23/04

Changelog:

[*] Version 1.6.3 made a lot of corrections and changes as suggested by [MENTION=13012]fuomag9[/MENTION]

[*] Version 1.6.2 made some corrections and changes. Thanks to [MENTION=13012]fuomag9[/MENTION]

[*] Version 1.6.1 "DOORWAY TO ADVENTURE UPDATE" revisited version + some fix to old updates

[*] Version 1.6 "DOORWAY TO ADVENTURE UPDATE" preliminary version.

[*] Version 1.5 A LITTLE RAIN MUST FALL UPDATE + [MENTION=10271]WrathOf[/MENTION] New PO File Translator support + small corrections.

[*] Version 1.4.2 - Small fixes and updated to latest patch; Character quotes and descriptions now seems to work properly.

[*] Version 1.4.1 - WrathOf Fixed some syntax errors.

[*] Version 1.4 - Added string from "A Winter's Tale"; Update, converted to .po format

[*] Version 1.3 - Added Ms Wickerbottom; TRANSLATION COMPLETED

[*] Version 1.2 - Added Wolfgang and Wendy translation

[*] Version 1.1 - Added wx78 and Willow translation

[*] Version 1 - Initial Release

Installation

Place italian.po in "YourSteamInstallationFolder\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\languages\"

and add

to language.lua file in the same folder. (if it is not present you can download it from this post)

What is in progress:

[*]Grammar checking

[*]Typing errors checking

[*]Verification of matches in the game

Please pm me to report errors or corrections.

---------------------------------------ITALIANO---------------------------------------

Ciao, questa è la mia traduzione in Italiano di Don't Starve, divertitevi!

Modifiche:

Version 1.8.1 FINE DELLA BETA UPDATE (?) 23/04

[*] Version 1.6.3 Inserite parecchie correzioni e modifiche come suggerito da [MENTION=13012]fuomag9[/MENTION]

[*] Version 1.6.2 Inserite alcune correctione e modifiche . Grazie a [MENTION=13012]fuomag9[/MENTION]

[*] Version 1.6.1 "DOORWAY TO ADVENTURE UPDATE" versione corretta + alcune correzioni alle vecchie versioni.

[*] Version 1.6 "DOORWAY TO ADVENTURE UPDATE" versione preliminare.

[*] Version 1.5 A LITTLE RAIN MUST FALL UPDATE + supporto a [MENTION=10271]WrathOf[/MENTION] New PO File Translator + piccole correzioni.

[*] Version 1.4.2 - Piccole correzioni e aggiornamento all'ultima patch; Le descrizioni e farsi dei personaggio ora sembrano funzionare.

[*] Version 1.4.1 - WrathOf Ha corretto alcuni errori sintattici.

[*] Version 1.4 - Aggiunte frasi da "A Winter's Tale"; Update, convertito al formato .po

[*] Version 1.3 - Aggiunta traduzione di Ms Wickerbottom; TRADUZIONE COMPLETA

[*] Version 1.2 - Aggiunte traduzioni di Wolfgang e Wendy

[*] Version 1.1 - Aggiunte traduzioni di wx78 e Willow

[*] Version 1 - versione iniziale

Installazione

[*]Mettere italian.po in "VostraCartellaDiIstallazioneDiSteam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\languages\"

e aggiungere

al file language.lua nella stessa cartella. (se non è presente scaricatela da questo post)

Cosa è in corso:

[*]Controllo grammaticale

[*]Verifica degli errori di battitura

[*]Verifica delle corrispondenze nel gioco

Per favore mandatemi un messaggio privato per segnalare errori e/o correzioni.

Discuss this Mod

where to place " LanguageTranslator:LoadPOFile("data\\scripts\\languages\\italian.po", "it") "

? you said in the same folder of what ? in language.lua ? where ? in language folder does not have any folder again ..

help mee

You have to place " LanguageTranslator:LoadPOFile("data\\scripts\\lang uages\\italian.po", "it") " in language.lua. language .lua can be found in "YourSteamInstallationFolder\steamapps\common\dont _starve\data\scripts\languages\" if that file is missing you can download it from my download page download page . language.lua downloaded from my page is ready to use without any modification.