About This File
Changes the day-night cycle so that after night comes dawn, then a new day. It also adds a golden butterfly that can appear during dawn.
This mod is available on the Steam Workshop! Downloading it from there means it automatically updates when I release new versions.
What it does
Dawnbreak is a small mod that changes the cycle of the day. Instead of the game going day->dusk->night and then starting a new day, the game will go day->dusk->night->dawn.
The mod will dynamically take the expected dusk time for the day cycle and divide it by two. Half will remain as the normal dusk, and half will be moved to the dawn instead.
For now this has only some very minor implications. For one, it means that Beefalo will sleep through the dawn until the day begins, making it easier to skin them in the morning before they wake up. All similar events that normally happen between night and day will now happen between dawn and day instead (for example Spiders normally return to their nest between night and day, but will now do so between dawn and day instead).
In certain circumstances where dusk is an uneven number, such as 5, the time is split into 3 dusk and 2 dawn.
This mod will add a new type of golden butterfly that only appears during dawn (and extremely rarely). It will vanish as day comes. Capturing it or killing it will net one Gold Nugget.
How to install
Download the mod
Unzip it into steamapps/common/dont_starve/mods/
In the Mods menu in game, enable Dawnbreak and Dawnbreak - Golden Butterfly
What's New in Version v17 See changelog
- Fixed issue with very bright caves
- Updated for All's well that Maxwell
- Updated for A Moderately Friendly Update
- Golden Butterfly sub-mod is now a part of the main mod, no need to activate it as a separate mod
- Updated for Stuff Of Nightmares
- Updated for Hungry for your Hunger
- Fixed issue preventing the golden butterfly submod from loading
- Updated for Strange New Powers
- Fixed an issue where if you climbed OUT of a cave during dawn, the game would set the current sunlight to "night", nothing.
- Updated for It's Not a Rock
- Fixed the Clock UI not showing dawn first day on load or new game
- Updated for Cave update
- Updated to Live Update
- Updated to End is Nigh patch
- Added new known issue
- Added new sub-mod: HF_dawnbreak_goldenbutterfly
- Fixed crash that would occur when a player selected "Retry" after dying
- Fixed display issue with clock that would occur when the duration of dawn differed from that of dusk