• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

9 Screenshots

About This File

Have you ever been playing and have no idea how long it is until the next season? How many days into the current season you are? Or what season was up next? Never fear, this mod should help.

Features:

• Adds a clock that indicate the progression through the seasons.
  • Indicates the current season.
  • Hovering over the clock indicates the days into the current season and days until the next season.
  • Compatible with the "Always On Status" mod.
  • Compatible with Reign of Giants and all season duration combinations.
  • Convenient options for:
  • Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer Clock Segment Color
  • Hover Text Format
  • Hover Text Font Size
  • Season Text Font Size
  • Enabling Clock in Caves (toggle)
  • Default Text to Display
  • Clock Positioning Options

What's New in Version 1.1.2   See changelog

Released

• Fix for crash in Adventure Mode level: A Cold Reception.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It looks like when equipping a backpack it will be hard to see the stats of the character. Especially the Wetness in RoG.

Nice work with the options. I'm using the Red, Yellow, Blue and Light Green combo currently and it works perfectly. An option to make the hover text as the default text would be nice as I can tell by the color what season it currently is. Or you know, not show text at all like the clock of "Neat" version of RPG HUD. :)

• Like 1

It looks like when equipping a backpack it will be hard to see the stats of the character. Especially the Wetness in RoG.

Nice work with the options. I'm using the Red, Yellow, Blue and Light Green combo currently and it works perfectly. An option to make the hover text as the default text would be nice as I can tell by the color what season it currently is. Or you know, not show text at all like the clock of "Neat" version of RPG HUD. :-)

I really like that idea of choosing the default text to show. I'll try to get that added today. Thanks for the awesome suggestions, really helping out the mod!

• Like 2

does it work with the DLC Reign of Giants

Yes, it works with both vanilla version and Reign of Giants.

Yeah i noticed i need that this mod is compatible to RPG HUD :) waiting for an update my friend.

Are you using the game's formula to calculate season length or did you just set the segmensts to be 20 and 15? Because in practice Winter and Summer last for 16 days instead of 15 and then this happens.

@TeoSS69: I am using the game's internal calculations. The game's calculation of time into the season and time left sometimes does some some strange things. I'm looking into getting those adjusted for those cases.

• Like 1

The current version, when set to "left of clock" brakes compatibility with the "Better Moon" mod, but it works in the other instances. So just  FYI for those using both the mods. Still waiting for a simplified version myself.

Unfortunately, it doesn't works with RPG HUD modification. Tried with different settings of both mods. Without RPG HUD works perfectly

Yea, i just wanted to know if you could help me.. or anyone for that matter. my season clock mod caused a crash and i dont know how to fix it. here's the crash report for anyone that knows what's wrong.

the following mod(s) have caused a failure:SeasonClock

...on't Starve DLC/data/../mods/seasonclock/modmain.lua:35:attempt to call global 'GetModConfigData' (a nil value)

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

C:Users/Alex/Desktop/DontStarve/Don't Starve DLC/data/../mods/seasonclock/modmain.lua(35,1)

=(tail call) ?

=[c] in function 'xpcall'

C:Users/Alex/Desktop/DontStarve/Don't Starve DLC/data/scripts/mods.lua(15,1)

C:Users/Alex/Desktop/DontStarve/Don't Starve DLC/data/scripts/mods.lua(414,1) in function 'SimPostInit'

C:Users/Alex/Desktop/DontStarve/Don't Starve DLC/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua (827,1) in function 'DoInitGame'

C:Users/Alex/Desktop/DontStarve/Don't Starve DLC/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua (927,1) in function 'cb'

anyone who can help, i appreciate it

There seems to be a problem:

Generated a world with Random Autumn and Random Summer- which the clock said was 50 days for Autumn and a short summer.

Started in Autumn.

After 12 days, I saved and quit. Upon reloading, the clock tells me I am 4 days into Autumn, with 16 left until winter, and it is showing Summer as being very long (a huge chunk of the pie).

ETA: I died (lol) at day 38, which was still Autumn, so it was picking up the Season length correctly initially, just having some issues on loading a saved game.

not Compatible RPG HUD Neat(version)

Just to add that this mod looks really awesome and I wish I could use it, but I really don't want to go without RPG HUD.  I'm using the latest RPG Neat All-In-One, and I don't get any Season Clock displayed at all, so I disabled it for now.

Thanks in advance if you do manage to get a version released that supports RPG HUD!

• Like 1