• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

The mod about buckets v1.4.0

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod adds a very useful bucket to the game ! It can be filled with water and used for a couple of stuff.

Bucket is craftable with 2 boards and 1 rope. You can find it in the Survival tab.

You can obtain water bucket by filling empty bucket from a pond. You can do this 2 times before drying up the pond. Pond refills itself after about half a day of rain. You can fish only from a full pond.

Water bucket has durability (10 uses). With water bucket you can:

- extinguish normal and wildfires (-1 use)

- cool yourself down by spilling it's content on you (adds 10 wetness per use, returns empty bucket)

- put in in the icebox and make ice ! (in about two days)

You can obtain ice bucket by putting water bucket in the ice box and letting it to freeze.

To get ice from the ice bucket, you have to break it with the hammer. Amount of yielded ice depends on percentage usage of water bucket used to make ice bucket.

Mod is compatible with "Breakable Ice" mod:

Steam Workshop:

Credits:

Thanks @Cacahuatoforo for the art, testing and ideas

Thanks @_Q_ for helping me understand how actions works

Have fun playing with my mod :grin:

What's New in Version v1.4.0   See changelog

Released

• v1.4.0:
  • - made compatible with Shipwrecked DLC

• v1.3.2:
  • - fixed a bug that caused a water bucket to be stored inside a burning chest instead of extinguishing it
  • - extinguishing burning objects now makes them wet, temporally protecting them from catching fire again, the protection lasts 5 to 20 seconds
  • - cleaned up code and unused files
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Best name for a mod ever.

It was @Cacahuatoforo idea to name it like that :grin:

EDIT: Forgot to mention crafting ingredients and crafting tab, already added to the mod description ;)

Hey guys, looks like my downloads counter is broken or something, it's endlessly showing "0"... I know that none of you downloaded and played with my mod, but... :grin:

No, seriously, it must be a bug or something... I will try to report it to the forum admins or something ;)

well i downloaded and counter is increased :-)

Surprised too. Mod description is cool and not that OP to ignore it.

Srsly, good idea.

Are you going to made same mod on steam? this section is like only 1/4 from workshop downloads, at least for me.

well i downloaded and counter is increased :-)

Yeah, looks like that bug is fixed :-)

Surprised too. Mod description is cool and not that OP to ignore it.

Srsly, good idea.

Are you going to made same mod on steam? this section is like only 1/4 from workshop downloads, at least for me.

Sadly, no... Looks like "DevilXD" account is occupied by someone else... And I doesn't use steam much, so.. :razz:

Hi DevilXD

i installed your mod but when i enable it and inter the game it won't work and when i check my mod list it say crashed

i hope you can help me

Hi DevilXD

i installed your mod but when i enable it and inter the game it won't work and when i check my mod list it say crashed

i hope you can help me

Sure :-) You probably have old version of the game... Open modinfo.lua in text editor and change api_version to 5/4/something lower, and it should work :-D

Sure :-) You probably have old version of the game... Open modinfo.lua in text editor and change api_version to 5/4/something lower, and it should work :grin:

thats exatly a reason why i dont want post here anything

players with outdated and pirated clients. Steam workshop cut them off automatically and no false reports about mod crashing.

thats exatly a reason why i dont want post here anything

players with outdated and pirated clients. Steam workshop cut them off automatically and no false reports about mod crashing.

There is an option to disable updates forever, but I doubt that anyone are using it... Maybe that's a problem, maybe not... The real thing is that, Klei should remove this "disable-mod-because-api_version-is-to-high" thing, because mod may be backward-compatible with older versions of the game... There were also a topic on that: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/37030-the-indended-usage-of-api-version/

oh in summer its really life saver, but still balanced due to huge sanity loss on 100% wetness

oh in summer its really life saver, but still balanced due to huge sanity loss on 100% wetness

Yeah, me and @Cacahuatoforo came up with the general idea after talking in this post:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35401-season-balances/

That idea with being wet and cooling yourself in that way came up in the middle of the work, and @Cacahuatoforo said that will be balanced because the sanity loss, so I've just added that functionality ;-)

I was advised to use this mod for a series I'm doing, it seems pretty damn fleshed out and polished! I'm gonna give it a try!

DevilXD do you mind if I share this on Steam? I will give you credit and link to this page.

DevilXD do you mind if I share this on Steam? I will give you credit and link to this page.

But  I've already spoken to @hotmatrixx, and he is going to upload all my mods on steam ;) Just wait :-)

EDIT: Already done, link in the description :-D

Looks good, are you able to upload it to the steam workshop?

Hey, I've uploaded all DevilXD Mods (and our collaborative ones) to Steam Workshop now. You should be able to find them all via This Link

PLEASE NOTE this was done with the express permission of DevilXD.

Hey, I've uploaded all DevilXD Mods (and our collaborative ones) to Steam Workshop now. You should be able to find them all via This Link

PLEASE NOTE this was done with the express permission of DevilXD.

Yeah, big thank you @hotmatrixx :-D