• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Up and Away alpha-0.2.8

20 Screenshots

About This File

Attention!

We recommend that you also install the MemSpikeFix mod. This will lower the normally heavy memory load that occurs when you have multiple large mods activated, or many many small mods activated. If you are experiencing crashes or extremely long load times while having multiple mods activated, the MemSpikeFix mod may fix or alleviate these issues.

The MemSpikeFix is available both as a forum download and as a Steam Workshop subscription.

You know, you're a hard worker. Life in this desolate land is tough. You've got to fight to survive, scratching out a living in the dirt, clinging on by whatever means necessary. Just hoping that tomorrow will come.

What if I told you there was more than this out there? That right above your head, up there in the sky there was a whole new world? A paradise unlike any other.

Would you like to see it?

I ask very little of you. For a small sum, a kingdom can be yours. The very land you tread is as soft as any mattress. There's food wherever you look. A veritable buffet of the sweetest treats you'll ever enjoy.

Doesn't that sound good?

Animals of all shapes and sizes will flock to you. Weird and wondrous sights a-plenty. What about a giant mushroom? What about a giant mushroom made entirely of jelly? There's all that and more.

You don't have to stay here, jumping at shadows and living off bark. I shall wait for you on the road as rain falls. Come, come find me and I'll give you your freedom.

Why not go Up and Away?

Up and Away adds an entirely new world to explore. To get started, you must find the Shopkeeper, a suspicious fellow who will spawn along the brick road during the rain. Among the new content added, there is a new tech branch, new mechanics, and much more. For those in a rush, a preset has been added to simplify the process of gaining access to the land above.

The mod is currently in alpha, and so there may exist bugs and incompatibilities with other mods. If you find any, do report it, as fixing any possible issues is a priority. Feedback is welcome and encouraged!

What's New in Version alpha-0.2.8   See changelog

Released

• + Fixed a crash on strart that occured to some shenanigans with mount_enabled, added with the QOL update.
    + The mod should function properly without DLC.
  • + Fixed the clock not changing color when loading a save in which static is occuring.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Whenever I try to climb up into the sky realm, it loads for about a second and then crashes. I'm using Windows 8 Don't Starve Where There's a Wilson Rev.102572. The only mods I have is this and MemSpikeFix.

Crashlog: scripts/worldgen_main.lua:480: attempt to index local 'level' (a nil value)

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

scripts/worldgen_main.lua(480,1)

=(tail call) ?

=(tail call) ?

Whenever I try to climb up into the sky realm, it loads for about a second and then crashes. I'm using Windows 8 Don't Starve Where There's a Wilson Rev.102572. The only mods I have is this and MemSpikeFix.

Crashlog: scripts/worldgen_main.lua:480: attempt to index local 'level' (a nil value)

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

scripts/worldgen_main.lua(480,1)

=(tail call) ?

=(tail call) ?

Are you on Steam or Standalone? I'm not able to reproduce, which makes it difficult to solve.

Are you on Steam or Standalone? I'm not able to reproduce, which makes it difficult to solve.

Standalone.

Standalone.

So I've checked into this, and it's really odd that this is occurring. I'm quite sure it has something to do with standalone, but I don't have standalone installed, so I can't confirm that yet.

It won't be fixed for 0.0.9, I'm afraid, since I have no way currently to recreate it.

So I've checked into this, and it's really odd that this is occurring. I'm quite sure it has something to do with standalone, but I don't have standalone installed, so I can't confirm that yet.

It won't be fixed for 0.0.9, I'm afraid, since I have no way currently to recreate it.

Okay.

Ostatnio chciałem zaktualizować sobie modyfikacje Up&Away. Dobra pobrało się, wkładam folder do mods, instaluje się nagle pokazuje mi się coś takiego: 

Warning!

The following mod(s) have caused a failure: Up and Away

Table expected as MODCONFING value in the mod enviroment, got nil

LUA ERROR stack treeback:

=[c] in fuction error

c:/User/(moja nazwa)/Deskop/DS/data/.../mods/debugman18-UpAndAway-a98e590/wicker/adjectives/configurable.lua(422,1)

=(tailcall )?

c:/User/(moja nazwa)/Deskop/DS/data/.../mods/debugman18-UpAndAway-a98e590/code/worldgen_main.lua(26,1) in fuction "fn"

c:/User/(moja nazwa)/Deskop/DS/data/.../mods/debugman18-UpAndAway-a98e590/wicker/init/kernel_components/loaders.lua(109,1) in fuction "fn"

c:/User/(moja nazwa)/Deskop/DS/data/.../mods/debugman18-UpAndAway-a98e590/lib/use.lua(109,1) in fuction "basic_import"

c:/User/(moja nazwa)/Deskop/DS/data/.../mods/debugman18-UpAndAway-a98e590/wicker/init/kernel_components/basic_importers.lua(35,1) in fuction profixed iportant

Ostatnio chciałem zaktualizować sobie modyfikacje Up&Away. Dobra pobrało się, wkładam folder do mods, instaluje się nagle pokazuje mi się coś takiego:

(crash log)

To jest oficjalne, angielskie forum DS, więc (następnym razem) staraj się pisać po angielsku (mój angielski też nie jest idealny, ale da się go zrozumieć)... A z twojego loga wygląda na to, że pobrałeś jakąś inną, niekompletną wersję - spróbuj pobrać v0.0.9, tę z tej strony (przycisk "Download" na górze)...

/\

Translation: |

Recently, I've tried to update Up & Away. Ok, I downloaded it, put it into the mods folder, enabled it, and I've got something like this:

Is Krampus supposed to spawn (from previously zero naughtiness) if Winnie kills a lureplant?

I'm assuming he is, but if not, then it's a bug lol.

Scared the bejeezus out of me, I can tell you :D

To jest oficjalne, angielskie forum DS, więc (następnym razem) staraj się pisać po angielsku (mój angielski też nie jest idealny, ale da się go zrozumieć)... A z twojego loga wygląda na to, że pobrałeś jakąś inną, niekompletną wersję - spróbuj pobrać v0.0.9, tę z tej strony (przycisk "Download" na górze)...

/\

Translation: |

Recently, I've tried to update Up & Away. Ok, I downloaded it, put it into the mods folder, enabled it, and I've got something like this:

And it does not work: (

Is Krampus supposed to spawn (from previously zero naughtiness) if Winnie kills a lureplant?

I'm assuming he is, but if not, then it's a bug lol.

Scared the bejeezus out of me, I can tell you :grin:

Winnie gets naughty points for attacking things that aren't attacking her. :p

Warning!

The following mod(s) have caused a failure: Up and Away

Table expected as MODCONFING value in the mod enviroment, got nil

LUA ERROR stack treeback:

=[c] in fuction error

c:/User/(moja nazwa)/Deskop/DS/data/.../mods/debugman18-UpAndAway-a98e590/wicker/adjectives/configurable.lua(422,1)

=(tailcall )?

c:/User/(moja nazwa)/Deskop/DS/data/.../mods/debugman18-UpAndAway-a98e590/code/worldgen_main.lua(26,1) in fuction "fn"

c:/User/(moja nazwa)/Deskop/DS/data/.../mods/debugman18-UpAndAway-a98e590/wicker/init/kernel_components/loaders.lua(109,1) in fuction "fn"

c:/User/(moja nazwa)/Deskop/DS/data/.../mods/debugman18-UpAndAway-a98e590/lib/use.lua(109,1) in fuction "basic_import"

c:/User/(moja nazwa)/Deskop/DS/data/.../mods/debugman18-UpAndAway-a98e590/wicker/init/kernel_components/basic_importers.lua(35,1) in fuction profixed iportant

I believe you are using an outdated version of Don't Starve. Only the most recent updates have the mod config addition. Could you post your log.txt?

• Like 1

Winni not work.... eat meat and no problem... when winter she can't  work on garden ))) sry  for my eng)

Is there still an update? why it take so long time

The coding team is taking a small break from development, not to worry though, we still have a lot of stuff in

progress, namely a large number of additions which will appear in the beta.

The coding team is taking a small break from development, not to worry though, we still have a lot of stuff in

progress, namely a large number of additions which will appear in the beta.

DO you have a rough eta for the beta? as in automn or late 2014 or something?

DO you have a rough eta for the beta? as in automn or late 2014 or something?

We don't have an ETA for beta, but we'll definitely say something when we get to that point. I highly doubt it will be ready by this autumn, though.

This MOD will update?

That's the plan. I and the other coder are taking a break for the moment. Once I'm done with my break, I'll be working diligently on beta and the few remaining bugfixes/balance changes.

Are there any issues in particular that you're having that would warrant an update?

• Like 1

Can you tell me the article language files and Winnie language files in what position? , I need to translate them into Chinese to share with my friends

I'm playing as a custom character right now (Warfarin) and for some reason he can't talk to the man with the umbrella. The man appears, and when I hover the cursor over him it displays "RMB to Talk", but when I click - nothing changes, character just run closer to him and that's all =(

Is it normal? Is there some way to fix it?

Getura, I am having the exact same problem with Warfarin as well. I wonder if it has something to do with Warfarin and the removal of his "speech" so to speak. Have you made any mention of this to Mr.Tiddles(Warfarin dev) yet by any chance?

Abysmal

No, I haven't. But if it is about his speech, should Wes have the same problem? Because as far as I can understand the code - Warfarin uses the same "mute" action mechanics as Wes.

Great mod, but, some things are a bit off and in my opinion there's too much colour. One thing I'd suggest is that Sheep would run away as soon as you hit one and they would make the volt goat sound instead of the beefalo.