• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Warfarin, The Tricky Thief! 5, The Tricky Thief

8 Screenshots

About This File

Years ago, a moody teenager cobbled together a character mod that did fairly well up until it completely broke. Now, that teenager is back as a responsible adult with a 9-5 job to bring you...

Warfarin: The Tricky Thief

Stats:

45 health

100 hunger

100 sanity (Drains half as fast in darkness, but twice as fast as default from monsters)

Mute

Can dash!

Hitting the Dash Key will sent Warfarin forwards in a quick dash that will dodge attacks, and Warfarin can dash into the ocean to reappear with a huge hit to their stats! Good for escapes, not so good for general exploring.

Jumping over a wall will make Warfarin climb and vault over it, making the dash go considerably farther.

Deals 75% default damage.

Can pickpocket pigmen at dusk.

Picks up everything instantly: Berry bushes, grass, crock pots, drying racks, etc.

Stealth:

Can hide in trees, berry bushes, tall grass, and saplings. Doesn't work if the saplings or tall grass has been picked.

Can hide in neutral treeguards for a mobile cover!

Enemies will see you if they get too close. The distance depends on how much light is nearby.

With a dagger equipped, you can ambush enemies while stealthed for massive damage! ambushing an enemy leaves them bleeding for a few seconds.

Throwing knife:

Long range

Low damage

1-use. Has a chance to survive and fall onto the ground where you can pick it back up.

Get 2 per craft.

The explosive throwing knife explodes for an extra 100 damage and ignites the target.

Dagger:

Attack twice as fast as any other weapon.

Allows ambushing!

Flint Dagger:

Low damage

Plenty of uses

Majestic Dagger:

High damage

Bit less uses

Night Dagger:

Vey High damage

Few uses

Ceremonial Dagger:

High Damage

Increases ambush range

Multi-Colored Pestilence:

Ship-wrecked only

Not a dagger

Moderate damage

Poisons all nearby enemies upon striking.

Not Very Short Bow:

Opens up the 'arrow tab'. Plop an arrow in there and you can fire it by attacking!

Arrows:

Require the bow to use!

Long range.

Normal Arrow:

Very high damage

15% for arrow to survive and be retrievable.

Rock Arrow:

Very low damage

Shoot walls to aggro all enemies in the area to the wall. Hay walls have a short aggro range, then wood walls, then stone walls, and ruin walls have the largest range.

Water Arrow:

Extinguish things!

No damage, ludicrous damage to the Dragonfly

Makes you cold when you're holding it.

Explosive Arrow:

Moderate damage

Ignites enemies

Explodes after 1-2 seconds of impact, dealing Ludicrous damage to everything nearby

Makes you overheat when holding it.

Pointy Arrow:

High damage

Makes enemies bleed

Killing birds and rabbits gives twice the karma loss.

Shooting even enemies or bosses will give 2 bad karma per shot. It's a pretty nasty weapon!

Smoke Bomb:

Throw at your feet to make all enemies stop targetting you! Makes you untargetable for 3 seconds.

Hallowed Mask:

Moderate armour

Can be used to surround yourself with blood-sucking insects to steal health for you!

Hidey Hood:

Short duration

Invisible while not performing actions. Can not ambush.

What's New in Version 5, The Tricky Thief   See changelog

Released

Rebalanced the entire mod

Remade just about the entire mod

Mod and DLC compatibility

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

from my log.txt:

Reset() returning
../mods/Backpack/images/newslots.tex is 340x68 but compressed textures must have power of 2 dimensions.
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/Backpack/images/newslots.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
340x68 format: 0x83f3 mips: 9
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/Warfarin- RoG/images/saveslot_portraits/warfarin.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
120x104 format: 0x1908 mips: 7
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/Warfarin- RoG/images/selectscreen_portraits/warfarin.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
188x284 format: 0x1908 mips: 9
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/Warfarin- RoG/images/selectscreen_portraits/warfarin_silho.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/Warfarin- RoG/bigportraits/warfarin.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
560x720 format: 0x1908 mips: 10
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/Warfarin- RoG/tabs/warfarintab.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
80x80 format: 0x1908 mips: 7

and so on... how to fix this?

from my log.txt:

Reset() returning
../mods/Backpack/images/newslots.tex is 340x68 but compressed textures must have power of 2 dimensions.
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/Backpack/images/newslots.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
340x68 format: 0x83f3 mips: 9
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/Warfarin- RoG/images/saveslot_portraits/warfarin.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
120x104 format: 0x1908 mips: 7
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/Warfarin- RoG/images/selectscreen_portraits/warfarin.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/Warfarin- RoG/images/selectscreen_portraits/warfarin_silho.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/Warfarin- RoG/bigportraits/warfarin.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
560x720 format: 0x1908 mips: 10
ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on ../mods/Warfarin- RoG/tabs/warfarintab.tex. glGetError returned 0x501
80x80 format: 0x1908 mips: 7

and so on... how to fix this?

i don't know and I've never seen that.

Great mod! They sure are balanced and fun to play.

Maybe just the dagger is too little in scale,at least i think so.

It's not working for me! It says: Crashed!

And then it disables it automatically!

I don't know what could be causing that.

this happen if you running a old version of don t starve

Hey Mr. Tiddles, I think Warfarin could be a little faster, he's a thief, for God's sake! And its skin could be in a higher definition, because it is a badass skin, but in a higher definition, would be better (not so high though). Well, that's it, this is an awesome mod, thanks for reading it and sorry for the bad english, I am a braziliam.

Hey Mr. Tiddles, I think Warfarin could be a little faster, he's a thief, for God's sake! And its skin could be in a higher definition, because it is a badass skin, but in a higher definition, would be better (not so high though). Well, that's it, this is an awesome mod, thanks for reading it and sorry for the bad english, I am a braziliam.

The resolution for the textures are the same as the normal characters, and they actually do run a bit faster than normal characters, as well. Not much, but just a bit. This character is not at all supposed to be strong.

The resolution for the textures are the same as the normal characters, and they actually do run a bit faster than normal characters, as well. Not much, but just a bit. This character is not at all supposed to be strong.

thanks for the fast response. I didn't notice that they run faster, my bad, and, about the texture, I know it is the same, but this char is a LOT cooler than the others! It don't need a higher definition skin, It deserves!(I don't mean that you have to do it, you do it if you want)

thanks for the fast response. I didn't notice that they run faster, my bad, and, about the texture, I know it is the same, but this char is a LOT cooler than the others! It don't need a higher definition skin, It deserves!(I don't mean that you have to do it, you do it if you want)

I'll be making HD textures for every vanilla character and Warfarin after I finish the mod I'm currently working on.

thanks dude, you're awesome, and, if it is the Writhe mod, I just wanted to say that this mod also looks awesome and I really want to use it

thanks dude, you're awesome, and, if it is the Writhe mod, I just wanted to say that this mod also looks awesome and I really want to use it

It's not, it's a better mod that adds 4 bosses to the game.

oh, I saw that one to, it's really awesome, but I don't have RoG, so, I can't download this mod

oh, I saw that one to, it's really awesome, but I don't have RoG, so, I can't download this mod

I think I use "awesome" too many times

now I want to report e bug in my game, the textures of the weapons don't appear, it's just a blackbox, it happens with the big portrait and the small portrait( images below) and, when the HitD was enable, the game crashed every time I crafted an iten from the Stealth tab, I had to disable the HitD, craft the itens, enable it again, and so I can craft what I already know the recipe. If it helps, i'm using the following mods: HitD, MemSpikeFix, musha(the puppy princess), UpAndAway and Warfarin- Vanilla

https://imageshack.com/i/nm3wbzp

https://imageshack.com/i/nejtglp

now I want to report e bug in my game, the textures of the weapons don't appear, it's just a blackbox, it happens with the big portrait and the small portrait( images below) and, when the HitD was enable, the game crashed every time I crafted an iten from the Stealth tab, I had to disable the HitD, craft the itens, enable it again, and so I can craft what I already know the recipe. If it helps, i'm using the following mods: HitD, MemSpikeFix, musha(the puppy princess), UpAndAway and Warfarin- Vanilla

https://imageshack.com/i/nm3wbzp

https://imageshack.com/i/nejtglp

That would be because the textures aren't at a resolution to the power of 2. Fixing this may need me re-drawing the textures of all of their items.The big portrait is an easier fix. And the smallportrait doing it is rather odd, since I got it from the tutorial. 

That would be because the textures aren't at a resolution to the power of 2. Fixing this may need me re-drawing the textures of all of their items.The big portrait is an easier fix. And the smallportrait doing it is rather odd, since I got it from the tutorial. 

so, what should I do?

so, what should I do?

You can't do anything about it. I'll have to fix it when I have time.

You can't do anything about it. I'll have to fix it when I have time.

Ok thank you, you're the best(really, all the good mods have your finger somewhere)