About This File
Based on the character Jak from the Jak and Daxter series. Skins compatible. Made with the Extended Sample Character template.
I made this mod for myself, so it’s catered to my taste and play-style. I play primarily on a co-op server with 2+ people and [settings/mods] which make the game harder than the default. I imagine this character could be pretty OP on DST default settings; on mine, I think he feels a bit weak, which is what I prefer. I like a struggle!
This is my first mod ever and it’s probably a mess It’ll be in development indefinitely while I learn more about coding and try to make it better. He's in need of lots of play testing, and I still have some graphical errors to iron out on the sprite.
I would consider this an advanced character. Managing his needs to keep him sane and fed can be very difficult. He has a large health pool to soak up damage he may take from getting caught in a low sanity/hunger loop. Stay dapper and remember to feed him!
He has 300 health, 275 hunger and 100 sanity.
- Stronger and faster than most characters.
- Gains sanity and health back from kills, loses hunger.
- Dark Eco Form - at 50 sanity, goes into a dark eco form in which he is much faster and stronger.
- Emits a glow while in his dark eco form that protects him from enveloping shadows. This is the only way I was able to implement night-vision without everyone on the server gaining night-vision, or else disabling Charlie :\
- Monster meat seems to agree with Jak's new physiology - while in dark eco form, he can eat it with no penalty, even raw.
- Constant sanity drain
- Hunger drains very fast in his dark eco form
- Unable to sleep to manage sanity
Increased night time sanity drain
This mod features custom dialogue written by the brilliant Darke_Eco_Freak from Ao3!
This mod is compatible with Don’t Starve Together ONLY!
Things to fix in the future:
- Some kind of animation/sound/text to accompany the transformation
- Fix up the sprite, there’s some errors like his profile view not matching the asymmetrical hair, the hair itself is clipped by his scarf in the back, some weird face/limb placement, and his butt juts out from his body a bit. Helmets sit high on him as well. I don’t personally find any of this too distracting but it’s something I want to fix at some point.
- Make Dark Jak look uhh fiestier. He's a pretty lazy pallet swamp atm. Contemplating making him unable to wear helmets too.