• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Wilson's Shadow Spike 1.5.1

2 Screenshots

About This File

Introduction

This is a mod i did as sort of a request from ortorin, he wanted a weapon that was somewhere between the dark sword and the tentacle spike in damage, and sanity loss, and we came up with, the Shadow Spike! here's the rest of the information, enjoy!

Stats

58 Damage

100 Durability

Small Sanity Loss (Sanity drain from standing near a dark flower)

Crafting Recipe

2 Twigs

2 Nightmare fuel

3 Hounds teeth

Prestihatitator

Credits -

Coder and Artist - Blazingice26

Idea - Ortorin

What's New in Version 1.5.1   See changelog

Released

• Bufixes -
  • Fixed item not showing up in hand

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am Ortorin, and I approve this mod.

The Shadow Spike is a med-tier weapon crafted in the magic tab. Balancing the small damage increase over a Tentacle Spike with a sanity drain, this weapon's main purpose is to be a replacement for the Tentacle Spike when natural ones are hard to come by.

The recipe has been balanced to facilitate vanilla friendly use. While Hound's Teeth start to become rather abundant quickly, the Nightmare Fuel remains a low-quantity resource for some time. When you have the fuel to blow, the Dark Sword has greater damage and greater resource efficiency. When fuel is low or sanity management is an issue, the Shadow Spike gives a nice magic-based step-up in damage from the spear.

All-and-all, I would like to say that this is a vanilla-friendly mod. I hope you all enjoy.

Super-special-flying-rainbow-pop-tart-cat-thank-you to Blazingice26 for the coding and artwork for this mod.

• Like 1

Also, i would like to let you know, the naming scheme of my mods generally involves

[CharacterName]'s [Featured Item or General Name]

Well, I hope I can help with more of your guys' mods in the future. I don't know coding, so I would prefer me doing concept art.

Edit: Also, for the friend wand thing, did you just mess up the name or is it the Friendship Wand mod?

I thought this was an upgrade from the default tentacle spike...Maybe you could add an extra recipe for upgrading a tentacle spike into s stronger version of this, seeing how this is an interesting alternative.

I thought this was an upgrade from the default tentacle spike...Maybe you could add an extra recipe for upgrading a tentacle spike into s stronger version of this, seeing how this is an interesting alternative.

This is meant to be a weapon that's in between the tentacle spike and dark sword in damage,  for people who have outgrown the tentacle spike, but aren't quite resourceful enough to obtain and use a darksword

every version is telling me that the mod has crashed..=/

Could you possibly give me your log.txt or atleast a snapshot of the crash screen

I am sorry, I have no idea what happened to my game, but it works now! Thanks for that quick response, my apologies for being late on the reply. Cheers mate! =D

I am sorry, I have no idea what happened to my game, but it works now! Thanks for that quick response, my apologies for being late on the reply. Cheers mate! =D

No problem, the game tends to do that to me a lot, once i was fixing some graphical errors and then the game just decided not to display them at all, and i pretty much freaked out, then my computer restarted, when i opened up DS again, everything was working fine.

No problem, the game tends to do that to me a lot, once i was fixing some graphical errors and then the game just decided not to display them at all, and i pretty much freaked out, then my computer restarted, when i opened up DS again, everything was working fine.

lol, glad to hear Im not the only one then. I should probably take a look at some other mods that said they crashed then. haha

Umm... I don't want to rain down on you or anything, but unless I'm mistaken, the wiki put hambat at 59 damage. Everybody (including me) didn't notice the buff on hambat since nobody ever make them. I just found out today too.
I've never tested the exact damage, but today (Maxwell update) it's 2 hit on spiders and 6 (I think? Definitely much less than a spear/tentacle spike) on a werepig. And hambat is a lot easier to make.

So perhaps until the devs realised how OP they made the hambat, you'd want to increase the damage of the shadow spike? It's a hard number to choose though...