• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Auto Equip 0.4

3 Screenshots

About This File

Automatically equips the right tool for the job.

- As long as you have an axe, a bugnet, a hammer, a pickaxe or a shovel in your inventory you have the option to chop, catch, hammer, mine or dig. The tool does not have to be equipped!

- The right tool will automatically be equipped and unequipped if your job is done (as requested). Afterwards you will hold your previous item in your hands (e.g. a spear)!

- If you attack something you will automatically equip the best melee weapon from your inventory, except if you have a ranged weapon already equipped. After the fight you will hold your previous item in your hands.

- If you hold the "Do Action" button you will chop, catch, mine and dig everthing in your path.

- You will not dig out berrybush, berrybush2, grass, rabbithole and sapling if you started the action with the "Do Action" button.

What's New in Version 0.4

Released

• Added auto equip for hammer action
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Great mod man. 

I'd like to request a feature. When the mod auto-equips a tool it should remember what was already equipped and re-equip that item after the action is over. So I can run around with my cane, hit space to start chopping down a tree with an axe, then release space to pull my cane out again.

• Like 2

No it won't unless the grass was already picked and there is no other auto action in range.

I have one issue I'd like to bring up. It's very common for me to run around with two weapons, one strong to take on the big guys, and one weaker for the little guys (so I don't use the durability on the strong weapon). The issue is that no mater what, this mod will equip the strongest weapon you have into your hand.

Would you mind adding a revision to your mod so that if the character already has an item that will preform the task in hand, then there will be no auto-equipping to the stronger version that is in your inventory?

I have yet to fully test this, but I believe the Pick/Axe would also be auto-equipped even if you have an axe in your hand for cutting down a tree... sometimes you just want to use the lesser version for one reason or another. Please address this, I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much for making this mod, boon. I love it. It makes so many things so much easier. For instance, if it's raining and you suddenly have a fight on your hands. Or your spear brakes in the middle of a fight and you didn't think of making another spear and it automatically switches to the axe. Just awesome. Keep up the good work!

Nice mod !!!  But I don't know where to post it,  here or in the "wall gate mob" , but i  can't open any wall gate cause each time i want to open it i take my hammer and  destroy it . So can you do something about that ?

• Like 1

So unbelievable that this mod which I consider among TOP 5 essential mods for Don't Starve is commented and rated so little!

Even moreso it is a shame boon was active for such a long time and this mod is not updated anymore. And now with RoG an update will be really appreciated with the following To do list:

- Disable right-click auto-action for hammer on Ice Flingomatic

- Disable right-click action for hammer on more usable objects respectively (somebody mentioned Wall Gate mod)

- Add auto-equip hammer and whack action for Moleworm

- Add auto-attack for Wigfrids Battle Spear

- Add auto-shave for Beefalos

As I suck at scripting so far I was only able to disable hammer auto-action altogether by replacing

action = GetAction(playeractionpicker.inst, target, ACTIONS.HAMMER)

with

action = nil

But I believe it will be great to know how to make an update according to the list above. Anyone having an idea how to implement anything please drop me a message.

• Like 1

So unbelievable that this mod which I consider among TOP 5 essential mods for Don't Starve is commented and rated so little!

Even moreso it is a shame boon was active for such a long time and this mod is not updated anymore. And now with RoG an update will be really appreciated with the following To do list:

- Disable right-click auto-action for hammer on Ice Flingomatic

- Disable right-click action for hammer on more usable objects respectively (somebody mentioned Wall Gate mod)

- Add auto-equip hammer and whack action for Moleworm

- Add auto-attack for Wigfrids Battle Spear

- Add auto-shave for Beefalos

As I suck at scripting so far I was only able to disable hammer auto-action altogether by replacing

action = GetAction(playeractionpicker.inst, target, ACTIONS.HAMMER)

with

action = nil

But I believe it will be great to know how to make an update according to the list above. Anyone having an idea how to implement anything please drop me a message.

I agree with miracleflame, that this mod needs and update :D it's a very useful mod. I hope boon will update this soon.

Please !

We need an update here ! I have a little problem when I have to extract rocks, it's conflicting with the axe and don't want to pick !

Here's a working version for Shipwrecked. I haven't actually played all of Shipwrecked myself yet, so let me know if there's any items that it isn't working with yet :)

I also allowed myself to add two small features:

1. Instead of keeping the tool after having used it, it'll change to your hands if you had nothing equipped.

2. If you dig up something like a tree, it will automatically put away the shovel shortly, making it so you don't automatically dig up any saplings or such around.

auto_equip.zip

• Like 1

On 1/23/2016 at 10:50 AM, Jespercal said:

Here's a working version for Shipwrecked. I haven't actually played all of Shipwrecked myself yet, so let me know if there's any items that it isn't working with yet :)

1. Instead of keeping the tool after having used it, it'll change to your hands if you had nothing equipped.

2. If you dig up something like a tree, it will automatically put away the shovel shortly, making it so you don't automatically dig up any saplings or such around.

auto_equip.zip

Just wanted to let you know that this app is very good.

However sometimes (and its often enough to be annoying) the game crashes whilst switching between tools.

Typically this happens when switching from axe to spade after chopping down a tree while holding the spacebar.

Edited by Noxious1234

On 2/6/2016 at 7:28 PM, Noxious1234 said:

Just wanted to let you know that this app is very good.

However sometimes (and its often enough to be annoying) the game crashes whilst switching between tools.

Typically this happens when switching from axe to spade after chopping down a tree while holding the spacebar.

So no response or help on this?

On 1/22/2016 at 7:50 PM, Jespercal said:

auto_equip.zip

I have the same problem as the user above - frequent crashes when the weapon swaps. Most often occurs while chopping trees, where a switch between axe and shovel occurs, but have also had it happen while hacking bamboo.