• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Relaxed Crafting 0.9

1 Screenshot

About This File

Pauses the game while the crafting menu is open or a placeable item is selected.

- While the game is paused you can still select an item to build and place it

- While the game is paused you can still rotate or zoom the camera

- The game temporarily unpauses for direct walking

What's New in Version 0.6   See changelog

Released

• Build actions are now immediatly executed
  • Game is still paused while placing build structures
  • Game will pause when a placeable item from the inventory is selected
  • Camera is zoomable and rotateable while paused
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Awesome!  Now I won't waste so much valuable time browsing the crafting menu, thank you.

Edit - There are three versions of this mod in the download section, it might help to delete the older versions or edit the names of them so we know which version we are getting; I'm assuming the top file in the list is the newest but idk.

You have a perfect mod with your 0.7 update. I cannot find a fault in it. I think it's time to call this 1.0.

The game will pause and un-pause without fail, there is nothing missing. I'm impressed with your work.

**Edit**

***Bug***

I found that using wasd to move the map around makes the game un-pauses and you start moving your character underneath the map screen. Even just clicking on the map makes the game un-pause.

boon,

This mod is incompatible with my Minimap HUD mod.

The issue is on line 75 of scripts/relaxed_crafting.lua. Since my mod needs the minimap to always be visible, GetWorld().minimap.MiniMap:IsVisible() will return true even when not on the map screen.

Unfortunately, there is no simple method to check if the MapScreen is really what's visible, but here is the best method that I came up with:

if TheFrontEnd:GetActiveScreen() and TheFrontEnd:GetActiveScreen():is_a( require "screens/mapscreen" ) then return end
It'd be good if you could implement a fix for this incompatibility, because there really isn't anything I can do on my end (MiniMap:IsVisible() needs to be true otherwise the MiniMap texture will not be updated).

Let me know if you have any questions.

EDIT: You'll also want to do the same for the console (but the method for detecting the console is a bit easier):

if TheFrontEnd:GetActiveScreen() and TheFrontEnd:GetActiveScreen().name == "ConsoleScreen" then return end

Ver. 0.9, I can't find a bug. Damn fine work.

Have you considered doing a "Relaxed Inventory"? I think it fits the theme of mods you've been working on lately.

I don't think i have time for this in the next month or two.

I already have a toggle pause key which fits my needs.

You could make your own mod and add following code to modmain.lua:

local function OnSimPostInit(player)	GLOBAL.TheInput:AddKeyDownHandler(GLOBAL.KEY_KP_PERIOD, function()			if GLOBAL.IsPaused() then				GLOBAL.SetPause(false)			else				GLOBAL.SetPause(true)			end		end)endAddSimPostInit(OnSimPostInit)
  • Like 1

question about this mod

when i go to craft, the game stop no problem there. but when i go to craft the item in the world the game stops when i stop moving. my roomate has the same mod and says that it is supposed to do in order to place things better but when i try to press A to craft, it won't.

could you point me towards to the code to maybe fix that or change to not stop when i stop moving?

using a xbox controller by the way. if it is an issue with that is there any easy code to add for me to add it with A button?

Thanks!

I don't think i have time for this in the next month or two.

I already have a toggle pause key which fits my needs.

You could make your own mod and add following code to modmain.lua:

local function OnSimPostInit(player)	GLOBAL.TheInput:AddKeyDownHandler(GLOBAL.KEY_KP_PERIOD, function()			if GLOBAL.IsPaused() then				GLOBAL.SetPause(false)			else				GLOBAL.SetPause(true)			end		end)endAddSimPostInit(OnSimPostInit)

Could i do this indefinitely by just adding in the modmain.lua of the mods folder? not creating a whole new mod?

not sure if you wanna see my question above about my problem, but it continues to freeze when i place a crafted item. as in i have to be moving to place, its odd and annoying but tolerable.