• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

6 Screenshots

About This File

-12 slot freezer

-Deep freeze all you food cooked or raw!

-This item doesn't effect the icebox.

-Freezer is craftable under the FOOD TAB.

-Recipe 10 cut stone 3 gear 3 blue gem

-Food last as long as you want it to,see configure mod options.

-Based on fridge time, options range from default fridge spoilage to 25%, 50%, 75% more delayed spoilage.

-Even 0 spoilage if that's what you want.

-Emits cool blue light when open.

-Now with minimap icon of it's own

What's New in Version 1.5

Released

• Now compatible with Base and RoG.
  • Added configure mod options for spoilage time.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The idea is great.

I personally think is a little to cheap for a tier 2 "ice box" but is my own thought.

So a few suggestions?

Increase requirements. (1 icebox + etc? current requirements renders the ice box useless.)

Make it compatible with displayfoodvalues mod (freezer doesn't display the real values.)

Make it functional with RPG HUD mod (more slots + blue background.)

Give the freezer it's own mini map icon. (currently using ice box one.) 

Don't get me wrong, i love it. And will use it. Fixed all the above myself. Just laying out the suggestions for your consideration.

Thanks and great work.

• Like 2

The idea is great.

I personally think is a little to cheap for a tier 2 "ice box" but is my own thought.

So a few suggestions?

Increase requirements. (1 icebox + etc? current requirements renders the ice box useless.)

Make it compatible with displayfoodvalues mod (freezer doesn't display the real values.)

Make it functional with RPG HUD mod (more slots + blue background.)

Give the freezer it's own mini map icon. (currently using ice box one.) 

Don't get me wrong, i love it. And will use it. Fixed all the above myself. Just laying out the suggestions for your consideration.

Thanks and great work.

Ice boxes can't be placed in inventories nor is it possible to get it IN your inventory. So we can cross that out.  But he could ncrease the rescource cost and make it like a teir 2 ice box sorta deal.

If this is a cold (long) storage unit better than normal Ice Box, it should cost more.

Ice Staff requires a blue gem. Chilled Amulet requires a blue gem. Get a theme here?

It would be awesome if the Ice Box were an ingredient, but you can't pick it up, so I guess it should just require the same recipe as an Ice Box plus the blue gem or whatever.

I would use this mod if it didn't have such an easy recipe. This is a "uncompromising survival game,"  you should really try to keep with the spirit of the game. Please make a "hardcore" version with a more resource intensive crafting recipe.

My suggestion is: 3 cut stone (for the casing), 2 gears (mechanics), 4 beefalo wool (insulation), and 2 blue gems (the "coolant"). 

With all that said, I WILL download this mod, I'll just change the crafting recipe for myself.

*Update*

Here is the modmain.lua for this mod with my harder recipe. This is also a tier-two science (Alchemy Engine) recipe.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqh6od645eru832/modmain.lua

*Update #2*

I just built my first freezer using my recipe for it. Personally, I like how difficult it was to get the resources for it. This is a good mod, no mater what recipe you use.

I did experience a bug when I first placed the freezer. At the same time that I was placing the freezer the game auto saved. After saving I no longer had the ingredients, as if it was properly crafted and placed, but there wasn't anything on the ground where I placed it. I alt-F4ed out of the game and reloaded to find the freezer intact, so all's well that ends well. Just thought you should know.

I just want to add; I hope I haven't upset you in anyway by offering my modified version of your modmain.lua on here, afro1967. Just let me know if you want it taken down.

Dear afro1967

I have an idea for a simple mod and it would benefit me, you, and other people. Seeing as how you have many mods below your belt, you seem like a good person to ask. if it isn't to much trouble, do you think you could make a mod where roads are easier to see during the winter? And possibly be able to craft the dirt roads. I don't care what the recipe is to be honest. I know you can  make the cobble stone roads but those are pretty valuable, and I don't like wasting them just to get to the rabbit holes or a wormhole;. the main thing i want is visible roads during the winter. I personally don't make mods so i have no clue how easy it is to make mods, but this sounds both helpful and easy, and i think everybody hates not being able to see the roads. Thank you for making awesome mods :D

Sincerely, Wilson Leatherwood

Ortorin NP but I have fixed  the recipe and made it harder,added proper placer when building.Haven't looked at your recipe   ;)

I'm tryng to figure out if that winky-face means you did see my recipe in the post above, or if you just had some odd face twitch while replying... ;)

Not sure why but the recipe isn't counting the Nitre I have. I have restarted the game, dropped the Nitre & picked it back up, broke it into stacks, put all but 20 into storage and but the Nitre on my main bar with the Blue gem and the gears but for some reason I cannot get this mod to reconize Nitre !?  Also, I removed all my other mods and their folders. 

• Like 1

How would one change the amount of space in the freezer? My thinking is that it's a freezer. We pack things in freezers all the time . 16-19 placement slots sounds like a good number. Is this something you have to change or can users like myself change it with your direction ?

Are there any known conflicts with this mod?  Currently, when I enable the mod, the game crashes whenever I select the food tab.  I have only disabled the mods that are related to the food tab so far and no help there.  Using the RGP HUD mod, but I assume that there is 100% compatibility with this one as it's used by most players here and on steam (judging by the download stats), so I never disabled that as it also requires you to reset all mods after disabling to make sure it is loaded first. 

Would love to have this mod, it is clearly a bonus no matter how you look at it and with the graphics, makes it even better (as opposed to just changing the stats of the current refrigerator).

@Ortorin:   Does this .lua just replace the one for the freezer mod here by afro1967?  If not, where do I put this modmain.lua?  I'll try it and post feedback if you would want that, I do like the recipe requirements mentioned briefly, it makes it balance better with items of the same level (maybe a bit harder), however I can't find any info on it that I can use to help install properly, see recipe and the rest of the info usually with a mod here.  Do you have a link to somewhere I can find that info? 

Not sure why but the recipe isn't counting the Nitre I have. I have restarted the game, dropped the Nitre & picked it back up, broke it into stacks, put all but 20 into storage and but the Nitre on my main bar with the Blue gem and the gears but for some reason I cannot get this mod to reconize Nitre !?  Also, I removed all my other mods and their folders. 

same here...help plz?

• Like 1

Sorry for broken recipe,I didn't know because i haven't been of this page for some time.

should be good to go now.

Since the last update, the "open" function causes crash... tried to read the strings but sorry, can't help more

...~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/widgets/containerwidget.lua:94: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'side_align_tip' (a nil value)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/widgets/containerwidget.lua(94,1) in function 'Open'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(156,1) in function 'OpenContainer'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/components/container.lua(232,1) in function 'Open'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/actions.lua(188,1) in function 'fn'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/bufferedaction.lua(19,1) in function 'Do'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/entityscript.lua(873,1) in function 'PerformBufferedAction'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGwilson.lua(1450,1) in function 'ontimeout'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(458,1) in function 'UpdateState'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(515,1) in function 'Update'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(111,1) in function 'Update'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/update.lua(121,1)

scripts/frontend.lua(707,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen

Since the last update, the "open" function causes crash... tried to read the strings but sorry, can't help more

...~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/widgets/containerwidget.lua:94: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'side_align_tip' (a nil value)
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/widgets/containerwidget.lua(94,1) in function 'Open'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(156,1) in function 'OpenContainer'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/components/container.lua(232,1) in function 'Open'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/entityscript.lua(873,1) in function 'PerformBufferedAction'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGwilson.lua(1450,1) in function 'ontimeout'
        C:/PROGRA~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(458,1) in function 'UpdateState'

I got the same thing. =/

Unfortunately, opening them indeed causes a crash. I got the same as cabanaboy.

Does make me wish there was an easy way to tell which update the mod is for.

I got the same thing. =/

Unfortunately, opening them indeed causes a crash. I got the same as cabanaboy.

Does make me wish there was an easy way to tell which update the mod is for.

I make the fix for this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwwibdJDq7cHajZRaWxEZWVFTEU/edit?usp=sharing

Or the direct links:

http://goo.gl/vLaeoe?gdriveurl

http://goo.gl/JtLeZw?gdriveurl

@afro1967, could you include this fix on your version?

Sorry for crashes, haven't been around for awhile.

My Steam Workshop is always a better download for updates.

afro1967, the mod seems to cause ice to spoil, even if it's inside an ice box. Normally ice doesn't spoil inside of an ice box.

Has this mod, perchance, been updated for DLC?

afro1967, the mod seems to cause ice to spoil, even if it's inside an ice box. Normally ice doesn't spoil inside of an ice box.

Has this mod, perchance, been updated for DLC?

I have a DLC version on Steam.