• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Adam, The Fearless - Giants and Hats! 2.6a

7 Screenshots

About This File

PLEASE READ THE BUGS AND NOTES SECTION BEFORE DOWNLOADING, THANKS.

This mod adds the character Adam Connor to your Don't Starve experience.

He´s "brave", and though guy, so he's designed for melee combat, or more like, to last LONGER in combat by taking less damage, both physicall damage and mental damage. He's not designed to have an advantage in sanity, so I gave him a fear to darkness, also he has a bigger appetite than most of the other characters.

Perhaps his most interesting feature that, while playing as him, enemies will sometimes drop EGO, with wich he can "create" a range of weapons, armor, and hats, the more difficult the fight, the more EGO he gets (stronger enemies drop more EGO), EGO gear is divided by sets, you can easily tell a set from other by theyr colors, each set of EGO gear is especially useful in certain situation, and is focused in a specific aspect of the game, and some work better together than others.

Also you gonna have a bad time during winter, if not properly prepared for it, because of the longer night, and his high weakness to freezing damage.

All this as an attempt to keep him balanced.

His stats are the following:

* Health: 150

* Hunger: 180

* Sanity: 180

-- POSITIVE --

* Gets EGO from fighting with wich he can create epic gear.

* 20% Damage Mitigation.

* 50% Insanity Resistance (From monsters).

* Has an extra inventory slot for storing EGO.

-- NEGATIVE --

* 50% Higher Hunger Rate.

* 40% Insanity Weakness (From night)

* x2 Freezing Damage. (I initially wanted him to actually freeze faster, if somebody can help me with this... um, it'll be great I guess).

* Freezes faster.

All info you need about EGO gear is in the references at the end of this page and in the mod folder.

Download, test, and let me know what you think in the comments section.

Have fun! And try to not kill him too often, I worked hard on him.

--UPCOMING FEATURES--

* Possibly more EGO gear.

* Update for DLC compatibility.

* Summonable hound companion of some sorts (concept not ready).

* Increased defense when low on HP.

* Berseek mode when low on sanity.

* Faster freezing, rather than more freezing damage/nerfed insulators .

BUGS:

* Don't Starve hates this mod and may refuse to load it properly, force enable it and it will work fine. Guaranteed.

NOTES:

* Special thanks to queek for the auto-ego-pickup-code.

* Special thanks to TheDanaAddams for her useful guide to character creation.

* Special thanks to jimmeh57 and JackSlender for they'r help with the knockback resistance code.

* Three pieces of EGO gear equiped at the same time will make you absurdly OP.

* The BigPortrait is a master piece, don't judge it.

What's New in Version 2.4a   See changelog

Released

• V.2.4
  • * Tweaked everything, see the set references for details.
  • * Tweaked adam, see his reference for details.
  • * Removed place holder textures.
  • * EGO drops much more frequently, gear costs much more EGO (to remove a bit of luck factor).
  • * Adam is now resistant to knockback (this one took awhile).
  • * Refined code for most stuff.
  • * Added a proper BigPortrait.
  • * In general, this update made the mod 76% less lazy.
  • * Finished Shadow set.
  • *a: Insulator items are now less effective while playing as Adam (temporal workaround).
  • *a: Reimplemented the extra inventory slot.
  • *a: EGO gear is more expensive.
  • *a: Expect no more updates in a while.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It wont let me create dexterity. I built four ropes and it still said i didnt have enough whilst i could create other items that required rope. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks if u read this.

It wont let me create dexterity. I built four ropes and it still said i didnt have enough whilst i could create other items that required rope. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks if u read this.

Fixed!

This is not compabitible with RPG HUD, the bonus inventory slot makes the inventory not showing right.

This is not compabitible with RPG HUD, the bonus inventory slot makes the inventory not showing right.

Go to Adam.LUA and delete:

inst.components.inventory.maxslots = 16

That should fix it.

EDIT: Also, this may be incompatible with lots of mods... i did absolutely no atemp to make it compatible with anything  :S

ok so it wont let me play adam at all it keeps closing the game

I'll start updating it tomorrow, studies keep me really busy right now...

I'll start updating it tomorrow, studies keep me really busy right now...

its cool i can wait i love your adam mod he is an awesome character i would like to see him work with rpg hud though but one step at a time i guess you know, studies keep us all busy me included

UPDATED! (blame a deadly combination of lack of time, life, and lazyness for the delay)

The auto-ego-pickup-thing has finally been implemented! (thanks to squeek)

I messed a lot with most of the equipments code (for balancing) so this build may be a little buggy/unstable let me know right away if you find anything out of place.

... On a side note I tried to implement 2 thing in this update, first to increase Adam's damage mitigation when health is lower than 30% and second, making him actually freeze faster in winter, rather than increasing freezing damage, sadly my coding skills don't seem to be enough for those sort of features... any help with any of these will be appreciated.

Man, it sucks to have tons of tons of ideas and not being able to implement them because of technicall difficulties... Also... Reing of Giants... me aproves.

10/10
Really a great mod, I have tried many mods with this.
All the mods i tested worked without problem, just one particular don't work.

RPG HUD refuse to be even compatible, i did remove "inst.components.inventory.maxslots = "
Did not work, any way that is the only problem with it that i have found.

Just amazing effort creating this hope you will look in to it. :D