• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

5 Screenshots

About This File

Experimental RoG patch, not fully tested, new probably unbalanced features, how many bugs can you find?

Features:

This Mod lets you recharge amulets and staffs with nightmare fuel. Right now the math is it takes 6 nightmare fuel to fully charge all gem items, this means the more uses that item has the more it gets from nightmare fuel.

Now by default Gem items do not break when they reach zero they just become unusable until recharged, can be configured off to work like normal, see Configurations.

Adds Philosopher's Stone which is crafted at a repaired Ancient Pseudoscience Station, it can "absorb" most items and convert them to power for gem items.

• Most absorbable items by default give it 1% and it can be filled to a max of 100%.
  • Blue, Red, and Yellow gems, golden nuggets, living logs, any meat, stackable creatures like butterflys and bees and nightmare fuel are worth 17% to the Philosopher's Stone therefore about enough for one charge give or take the item.
  • Purple, Green, and Orange gems, thulecite, and a non-stackable living creature like bird, rabbit, ect. are worth 34% points to the Philosopher's Stone therefore about enough for two charges.
  • Using the P. Stone on living creatures is naughty, watch out for Krampus.
  • For every point absorbed you drain a point of sanity. can be configured off.
  • low, medium, and high Absorb values can still be Configured, see Configurations.
  • To check item values ingame just, drop the item on the ground, hold the P. Stone over it and left click. Example

Used like nightmare fuel to charge gem items it gives the percentage it has to the item it is charging, for example: A fire staff at 50% will require 15% from the P. Stone to go to 65%

You can always top off a gem item if it need less then a sixth it's max to reach 100% but otherwise it needs to be charged in increments of a sixth its max so red staff needs 15%, green amulet needs 20% and blue amulet needs 17%

Also did I mention that the P. Stone is a sentient being that can talk and is kinda a jerk? No? Good, I wanted it to be a surprise.

*New* We are branching out to the whole world of TECHNOLOGY! The Morning Star and Weather Pain will now work like staffs do, but instead of recharging them with that dirty magic stuff you just have to give it a fresh new battery in the form of an Electrical Doodad.

Configurations:

Open up modmain.lua from the RechargeableGems folder here are the default configurations:

----Config-----local very_dapper_blue_amulet_baseDS = false --For base Don't Starve only, gives the blue amulet the dapperness equivalent of being Maxwell.local very_dapper_blue_amulet_RoG = false --For Realm of Giantslocal No_Deplete = true --if true Gem items are not destroyed when they reach zero they are just unusable until recharged. if false gem items act as they normally wouldlocal Science_Staffs = true --if true the Morning Star and Weather Pain can be repaired with Electrical Doodads.TUNING.PHILOSOPHERS_STONE_lose_sanity = true --if true you lose a point of sanity for every point absorbed by the philosophers stone.local blacklist = {"balloons_empty","philosophers_stone","transistor"} --put item prefab names here for items that the philosophers stone that should not be able to absorbed.TUNING.PHILOSOPHERS_STONE_ABSORB_LOWGAIN = 1 --percent philosophers stone goes up by when absorbing itemsTUNING.PHILOSOPHERS_STONE_ABSORB_MIDGAIN = 17 --Primary raw gems, nightmare fuel, gold, meat, and living logs.TUNING.PHILOSOPHERS_STONE_ABSORB_HIGHGAIN = 34 --Secondary raw gems, thulecite, and living creatures.---------------

Discuss:

Any tips or suggestions are welcome and appreciated but go easy on me, A n00b I am.

You can talk to me about the mod, tell me how much you like it, or just say hi below.

Also ratings do make me happy, especially the 5 star variety. ;)

Acknowledgements:

This mod was loosely inspired by John2022.

Boring Legal Stuff:

Feel free to use anything from my mods in anyway you like, acknowledgement is not necessary but it is appreciated.

As school and life take up more of my time I may have to give up on updating these mods, if I fail to update them to the current version of Don't Starve for several weeks, assume my mods are abandon and feel free to start your own version using any and all of my assets.

It sure has been a lot of fun!

88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

To Install:

Just go to steamsteamappscommondont_starvemods and place the folder located in the .zip archive

Start Don't Starve and go to the "Mods" menu and enable this mod.

Support My Mods:

If you would like to help me out, follow this adf.ly like link wait for 10 seconds and click the "Skip ad" at the top right of the page.

What's New in Version 0.9   See changelog

Released

• Fixed crashing with Chilled Amulet in RoG.
  • Added separate config options for BaseDS and RoG for buffed sanity Chilled Amulet and set both to false by default.
  • Gives Morning Star and Weather Pain the same properties I give staffs, but only repairable with Electrical Doodads.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Nice mod,can you do the same things with repairing weapons with Flint please? It will be nice

Nice mod,can you do the same things with repairing weapons with Flint please? It will be nice

Thanks. The short answer to your question is no, sorry.  The long answer is the reason I made this mod is gems specifically can be hard to come by and don't last very long so I am too hesitant to use the gem based magic items so I made a way to use them indefinitely without just simply making them unlimited.  On the other hand weapons and armor do not have this problem so much, and I don't see much point to a repairing feature for them personally.  If you have flint just make a new spear, though I will be implementing an item that lets you turn junk like a spear at 3% into fuel for gem items.

If you really want to have repairable weapons and armor and stuff please feel free to use my mod as an example so you can make it yourself, lua is a great place to start to learn programming.  Though I should mention I am a total n00b myself so I can't guarantee my coding is very good but it's a start.

Hey man just wanted to say nice job with the mod and hope that it gets updated to the next update I personally like this idea and wanted to request it but you beat me to it :p

Hey man just wanted to say nice job with the mod and hope that it gets updated to the next update I personally like this idea and wanted to request it but you beat me to it :razz:

Thanks, I really think this makes the gem items a lot more fun knowing that you can charge 'em back up. It took me awhile to figure out how to make it work, but it was really satisfying once I got there.

Can you make it were you need to be near a night light to charge it up, or something like that? that would be cool

btw nice mod

• Like 1

↑ Seems a bit to inconveniente to me, I have never even bother to make a Night Light anyway, I should probably make a mod to make it more useful. Thanks ;)

↑ Seems a bit to inconveniente to me, I have never even bother to make a Night Light anyway, I should probably make a mod to make it more useful. Thanks ;)

There's already a mod like that, but it can have other uses though. I think its a little bit OP for amulets/staffs can be recharged any were .  :grin: Thanks anyway

• Like 1

I can't charge any of my gems. Earlier there wasn't animation of charging, but now it is, after which nothing happens. And after charging by philosopher's stone Willson tells *I can't do this*

I can't charge any of my gems. Earlier there wasn't animation of charging, but now it is, after which nothing happens. And after charging by philosopher's stone Willson tells *I can't do this*

I need a list of mods you are using, and step by step explain what exactly you are doing with as much detail as posible, like what items you are using.

I'm using nightmare fuel on any amulet or staff, also tried charged philosopher's stone.

How could I give you a list of my mods?

I'm having the same issue as 4430. I'm using Architectural Geometry, Backpack & Amulet Slots, Charcoal Burner, Dawnbreak and Rechargeable Gems. Right-clicking the stone on stuff allows it to charge just fine, but right-clicking with the stone on my amulets (one at 30%, one at 0%) gives me the 'I can't do this' message.

The stone also seems inconsistent...I charged it up to 100%, quit my game and when I reloaded it, it had 0% charge. Melting a twig for 1%, I quit and reopened, and the 1% charge was still there. Right-clicking with nightmare fuel on the amulets also gives that error message.

I charged it up to 100%, quit my game and when I reloaded it, it had 0% charge.

Now that one is on me. Sorry about that, Don't Starve apparently does not think I am very clever using finite uses backwards and basically would reset a full PS back to it's default, in this case zero.  I can fix that by telling the stone to save that it is full and remember that it is full on load.

As for the other thing, I can't recreate and these things are usually like 99% bad mod interaction, but looking at my code there may have been some naming issues so I have fixed them and release a new version that may or may not fix the original problem. (but probably not.)

Okay, I went back and did a mod-by-mod test...I have to apologise, because I missed a mod (actually two, but it wasn't Strongbox causing the problem).

Somehow, Link breaks the Philosopher's Stone.No idea how, since I'm playing as Wilson, but that's my offender.

Somehow, Link breaks the Philosopher's Stone.No idea how, since I'm playing as Wilson, but that's my offender.

As I suspected, Link also adds an "action" called recharge, even if you are not playing as him at the time and that confused my mod into thinking recharge meant something else.

I fixed it now in 0.5 there should be no more confusion between names of things in the future... well except for the philosopher's stone, if another mod tries to add one, there will be problems, but will face them once we get there.

Not sure if this mod is still maintained or not, but if you attempt to craft the chilled amulet in the DLC you will crash.

Edit: I attempted to give myself the amulet through the console, crashes you exactly as if you had crafted it, probably just having it in your inventory crashes you.

This mod has not been updated since before the DLC, an update will come in the future, ETA soon™  but probably like next week or something.

Not sure if this mod is still maintained or not, but if you attempt to craft the chilled amulet in the DLC you will crash.

So I have looked into this and it is an easily fixable problem, but I am left with a question.  The only purpose the chilled amulet serves in Base Don't Starve is to restore sanity, but it was pretty lame at that and my mod buffed it, but in RoG it now has the additional function of cooling you from overheating, thus my buff seems unnecessary to me.  So what does everyone think, should I keep the sanity buff option for RoG?  Should I create to separate config options for base and RoG?  Thoughts?  I am leaning to two separate options and having them default to false so it can just be something people have to make the choice to turn on.

A temporary solution before I release a patch would just be to set very_dapper_blue_amulet to false

Also has anyone else experienced RoG related bugs?

So the Morning Star and Weather Pain are items in the same vain as the staffs in terms of function, but the are more technology than magic.  Does not seem right to charge them with magic, but maybe I should just add the ability to repair them with Electrical Doodads?

All right so this is a bit if a test update, just to fix the chilled amulet crash and try out some new ideas.

I plan to basically rewrite this mod for it's next update, it will be functionally the same but the plan is to make the code more module and customizable.  Basically make it easy to alter the purpose of it, if you wanted to make spears repairable with flint, I want that to be something easy to do.

Oh so this is where the philospher stone comes from, I was wondering which of my mods added it. Any plans for touching up some of your old mods, such as the backpacks in inventory and more plantables?

Oh so this is where the philospher stone comes from, I was wondering which of my mods added it. Any plans for touching up some of your old mods, such as the backpacks in inventory and more plantables?

I try to keep all my mods as up to date as possible, though honestly I find maintaining them a bit stressful so I tend to take short hiatuses.