• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

9 Screenshots

About This File

2.0 Changes:

- new version of wall gates without recolor, they glow gold when you mouse over them

- configuration options you can pick normal (default) or recolored version

- you can pick recipe for wall gates, you can pick gears or electrical doodad (switched for more gold when RoG not enabled) or just gold for very cheap wall gates

- you can open and close wooden and hay wall gate while holding a torch

Different kind of walls, you can open and close them so they act like a doors. You can now close your base area and don't have to use hammer to get in/out and rebuild your walls.

You can build Wall Gates using alchemy engine. To build one you need:

1 wall segment, 2 gold nuggets and gears

Wall Gates now drops gears when you hammer them.

Build one Wall Gate and then repair it with it repair material (wall segments, stone, wood, cut grass) to get it higher.

Now you can open/close up to 4 segments at once. Just make sure to use middle segments to open/close them.

If you want multiply entrances/exits from your base make sure they are 2 normal wall segments away from each other so they wont be affected by other wall gates, as shown on screenshots.

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

• Small bug fixed.
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It doesn't work for me. Please help

Show me you log file after game crash.

Log File can be found:

C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve

it doesn't work for me, it says "Open" not "Turn Off"

It is Open and Close now. Instead of Turn On/Off

I have problem with those gates the mod itself works but when i build the gate i cannot close them. Maybe you can help?

I have problem with those gates the mod itself works but when i build the gate i cannot close them. Maybe you can help?

Are you using custom character?

No i was using wilson as always.

I need more informations, other mods you are using, cause well it works without any problems on my end.

i use:

SmarterCrockPot mod

Minimap HUD

TinyAlchemyPowers

MorePlantables

Madman's fightingpack

Gem Swords

MIlk goats with WHAT?

Season Clock

Additional Equipment

Additional Structures

Advanced Farming DLC

Always on status icons

Chester choice

Chocolate

Display Food Values

Emeralds

Freezer

Moar Save Slots

Potions Mod adapted

Sticky Recipe

Summons

Wilson's House with Lights

i know its alot and idk if its because i have alot mods or just some of them are not compatible.

Dear Q, I also am having a problem.  I can't open the gates after placing them. I'm using Wilson (unmodded).  None of the other mods I have modify walls.  I also didn't get a crash.  Oh, and I use a controller.

I get a (reproducible) strange bug while using this mod - everytime i start a new world, all walls (normal, all types, hay, wood, stone...) are invisible (ground look like they're not there, but they block movements and you can attack/hammer them, etc).

Hoever, if I save+quit, turn the mod OFF, load, then save+quit, turn the mod ON, load - everything gets back to normal, walls become visible as soon as mod is turned off, and remain visible when it's turned on again.

Any ideas, Q?

I get a (reproducible) strange bug while using this mod - everytime i start a new world, all walls (normal, all types, hay, wood, stone...) are invisible (ground look like they're not there, but they block movements and you can attack/hammer them, etc).

Hoever, if I save+quit, turn the mod OFF, load, then save+quit, turn the mod ON, load - everything gets back to normal, walls become visible as soon as mod is turned off, and remain visible when it's turned on again.

Any ideas, Q?

Never had this. Will check it later.

Might be a false alarm. I've just noticed, that the "invisible walls" thing happen *only* if I enter caves and return to surface (and for caves, only if I visit surface and went back). What is more funny, the cave entrance itself dissapears (albeit remain functional, just invisible). Furthermore, simply saving+quit and loading make all walls and unplugged sinholes appear again, and cycling wall gate isn't necessary, so I would say that for 99% it isn't related to this mod (or any other modf, for that matter) - I guess I'm hitting some vanilla DS:RoG bug.

Might be a false alarm. I've just noticed, that the "invisible walls" thing happen *only* if I enter caves and return to surface (and for caves, only if I visit surface and went back). What is more funny, the cave entrance itself dissapears (albeit remain functional, just invisible). Furthermore, simply saving+quit and loading make all walls and unplugged sinholes appear again, and cycling wall gate isn't necessary, so I would say that for 99% it isn't related to this mod (or any other modf, for that matter) - I guess I'm hitting some vanilla DS:RoG bug.

Steam or Standalone version? Also it is on linux or windows?

Standlone Linux, but I have found the reason - MemorySpike fix by simplex was causing thre disappearing things (sadly, info about it was burried inside comments, not included in the mod's description bugs section). My bad - I disabled all other mods for testing except that and mod manager (had no idea that it could cause dissapearing walls, so I thought about only one mod that do anything with walls - noticed something is fishy, when cave entrance started to disappear, too).

Thanks for taking interest, though!

/Estel

hi can someone help me? i hv a bit problem with this Dont starve .... so many mod crash on my dont starve.. and all mod have same problem..

scripts/modindex.lua(206,1) Error loading mod: Wilson's House With Light!

api_version for Wilson's House With Light is in the future, please set to the current version. (api_version is version 5, game is version 4.)

this is the example... thx

I don't know if you will respond to this but, I installed the mod but I am unable to find the crafting recipe in the alchemy machine. I was looking in the structures category. I can make regular walls just fine.  

On 18.01.2016 at 0:02 AM, Yamibow said:

I don't know if you will respond to this but, I installed the mod but I am unable to find the crafting recipe in the alchemy machine. I was looking in the structures category. I can make regular walls just fine.  

It is working fine for me, wall gates are at the end of normal stuff on structure tab. Idk.

There is new version of the mod on workshop but I dint change anything recipe related in it.

Check other mods maybe or reinstall the mods or game.