The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.
"Seras was a member of the D11 elite police response unit, until she was mortally wounded by Alucard in his destruction of a vampire masquerading as a priest. On the verge of death, she chose to allow Alucard to turn her into a vampire. Serving beneath Alucard, she now works for the Hellsing Organization and deals with the consequences of her decision."
Project background and goal
I've always liked Seras character from the Hellsing Anime, and in a game like Don't Starve where all characters seem to be going off the edge in one way or another, Seras as a reluctant human-turned-blood-sucking-monster seemed oddly fitting. I will focus on making Seras fun to play more than "balanced", with this meaning that playing Seras should be a different experience from playing other characters in don't starve. Playing her meant to be challenging in its own way.
*highest at night when full, lowest at day while starved.
Green = Working feature
Yellow = Partially implemented/semi-working
Red = Not implemented
Power changes day/night & full/starved.
Character model changes depending on power (5 models)
Regenerate hp at night (when not starved).
Sanity loss while starved.
Cold resistant (insulation).
Affected by full moon.
Can only eat meat-type items. Partially meaty food such as meatballs have reduced effect.
Takes no damage eating monster meat, but still loses sanity
Unique speech text.
Tweaking, polishing and extra testing.
The mod is in a stable state.
Tips and tricks
1. Seras is very weak during the day, especially when hungry. Avoid all confrontation with enemies when possible during the day. Even a few frogs can be dangerous to a starved Seras during the day.
2. Seras has night vision and she is extremely strong during the night as long as she is above 60 hunger. You can use this time to kill spiders, beefalo, werepigs and other dangerous opponents with relative ease.
3. Caves are considered constant night, and since Seras excels at nightly adventures you should not hesitate to explore the lands underground.
4. Seras unique weapon is quite affordable and has the same power as a tentacle spike it drains Seras own health when used. Using it during the day or when starved is not recommended
5. You may want to sleep through the full moon.
Dealing with hunger and health
1. Seras cannot eat non-meat food, but this does not stop you from using this food as bait for tasty animals. It is a good idea to create a large number of traps with bait near rabbit holes to get a stable source of meat early on.
2. Seras does not take health damage from eating damaging food. This means that spiders and the like are a passable source of meat. When you can create monster jerky and have some sanity improving clothes you can use monsters as your primary source of food.
3. If Seras stomach is filled above 145 she will become somewhat more powerful but drain hunger quickly until she goes below 130. She drains hunger even faster during the day while in this state. An advantage is that she will slowly regenerate health during the evening and night while in this state.
4. Seras slowly regenerates health at night while above 60 hunger. Since caves are considered constant night you can use caves to get your health up when no other health restoration is available.
5. When cooking try to stick to cooking "meaty" recipes such as Meaty Stew, Honey Ham, Bacon & Eggs with the crock pot. Less meaty recipes have reduced effect on Seras.
This is the first public version
Fixed head not showing when wearing a hat.
Tweaked hunger (reduced to be less difficult)
Fixed a minor texture error.
Changed some speech lines.
Completed speech text.
Major visual upgrade
New portrait for character selection
Less meaty Crock pot recipes have been rebalanced to better suit Seras being a carnivore.
New portraits for selection & save slots
Now with better spelling!
Fixed portrait compression error that was effecting some players
New blood-fuelled unique weapon
Version v1.7 (current, download via Klei)
Added 5 new character appearances dependant on power