• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Flo's Tweaks Mod [DS, RoG, SW] 2.3.0

About This File

This mod is simply a collection of minor gameplay/console tweaks that i use. Currently six tweaks are enabled, and i actively update the mod as i add others :) . All tweaks are togglable in the customisation menu.

Compatible with Vanilla DS, RoG, and SW, and available on steam here

#1: Machetes for faster picking/harvesting

Adds machetes to vanilla/RoG games, crafted exactly the same as SW. if you pick something (like grass, reeds, berries, etc) you can slice it with the machete instead, dramatically decreasing the amount of time it takes. machetes in SW games also have this functionality added, however they otherwise behave exactly as normal. The animation for slicing is pretty rudimentary at the moment, and im planning to beautify it.
Config: the amount of durability lost when slicing

#2: Colder Snow Chester

snow chester now chills enemies that attack him, slowly freezing them! this makes him tougher to kill, so you're less likely to need to get your hands on another 9 blue gems if something (probably giant related) goes wrong
Config: The amount that chester freezes his attackers with each hit

#3: Renewable fireflies

Fireflies are now renewable! fireflies will munch on rotten meat left near them, and have a baby if it fills them up (no, this isn't at all how it works in nature). it's as easy as that!
Config: The fertility of fireflies, i.e. how quickly they eat + how likely they are to reproduce after eating

#4: Use spacebar on traps

pressing the action button (spacebar) near sprung tooth traps now resets them! This tweak is made SIGNIFICANTLY more useful if you set "set trap collection" to deprioritise or disable (see tweak #4) - this makes the use and resetting of large fields of tooth traps much more streamlined, so you dont have to worry about RMB-ing every single trap

#5: Spacebar avoids flowers (etc)

Several items (currently normal/evil flowers, set traps, and lit lanterns. comment/pm me if you want others! theyre easy to add) now have the behaviour changed when you press space near them. instead of just picking them up as normal, they will either be picked up if there is nothing else the player can interact with around, or just be ignored entirely. this behaviour an be over-ridden at will by holding the CTRL key when pressing space
Config: Each individual item can be set to be collected as usual by a spacebar press (Default), collected only if there is nothing else around (Deprioritise), or ignored entirely (Disable). these all default to deprioritise.

#6: More console commands

adds a bunch of console commands for if you want to cheat. theres nothing balanced about these, theyre just there for if you want to ruin the game for yourself. I know i sure sometimes do!

documentation for added commands under the cut, or type c_flohelp() into the console

Spoiler

c_tptome(entity)    teleports an entity to the player
    - argument:    entity - the entity to teleport
c_tpmeto(entity)     teleports the player to an entity
    - argument:    entity - the entity to teleport to
c_bringnext(prefab)    teleports the next occurence of a prefab to the player
    - argument:    prefab - the prefab to teleport
c_bringall(prefab, fn)    teleports all occurences of a prefab to the player
    - argument:    prefab - the prefab to teleport
    - argument:    fn - a function to call on each occurrence, cancels tp if it returns false
c_winfight()    kills all creatures engaged in combat against the player or the player's followers

c_doglobal(fn)    calls function fn on every entity in the world
    - argument:    fn - the function to call. takes an entity as an argument
c_donearby(fn, radius)    calls function fn on every entity within radius or the player
    - argument:    fn - the function to call. takes an entity as an argument
    - argument:    radius - the radius from the player within which entities have fn called upon them

These functions were designed to be used with c_doglobal or c_donearby:
refreshfood(entity)    sets the perishing on an entity to 0
    - argument:    entity - the entity to refresh
    - usage:    'c_doglobal(refreshfood)'
fixtools(entity)    sets durability of a tool/staff to 100%
    - argument:    entity - the tool to fix
    - usage:    'c_doglobal(fixtools)'
killmonsters(entity)    kills a hostile entity
    - argument:    entity - the entity to kill
    - usage:    'c_doglobal(killmonsters)'
placate(entity)    de-agros a mob
    - argument: entity - the mob to remove from combat
    - usage: 'c_doglobal(placate)'
regrow(entity)    forces a plant to regrow
    - argument: entity - the plant to replenish
    - usage: 'c_doglobal(regrow)'

I'm not great at art so none of these tweaks have visual components, but with that in mind, if you have a tweak or additional command you would like to see implemented comment below! i tried to keep things fairly balanced <3

What's New in Version 2.3.0   See changelog

Released

• Added firefly reproduction!
  • now you can avoid bottle lanterns as well
  • now you can slice coffee plants with the machete as well
  • fixed a terrible bug that stopped mushrooms popping back out from the ground during their part of the day....... can't believe i missed that one! would definitely recommend you update now
  • Like 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

wow... these look very interesing, but i don't understand entirely the "tooth traps" one. so, if there's no other pickeable object in the zone (how big that zone must be? how many "pitchforks" or "walls" big?) like... a bird trap or a seed, instead of resetting it the trap the character will pick it? aint easier just, allow the character to pick up traps just by pressing ctrl or something?

i like the chester one and the tooth traps one... frankly i don't see utility in the last one (maybe for modders testing comands), but i'll test it and tell you later how it went for me

The idea with the tooth traps is that, for me, picking up tooth traps that you had set was a huge pain. once i had placed a field of traps, i never (or at least very rarely) wanted to actually pick them up again - i just wanted to reset them if the had sprung. the priority is in place such that a tooth trap this is set on the ground (ie one that is ready to attack a mob) will not be picked up if there is anything else in the players "action" range - the range at which pressing space will pick some grass or pick up a seed etc. This being said, your control-pressing idea is great, and i have now implemented it in this update 

The 3rd tweak is literally just for modders and cheaters tbh.... it has no gameplay use. but i figured id collate all my mods into one! theyre all very small anyway :)

• Like 2

On 2/12/2016 at 6:24 AM, MigratoryCoconuts said:

The idea with the tooth traps is that, for me, picking up tooth traps that you had set was a huge pain. once i had placed a field of traps, i never (or at least very rarely) wanted to actually pick them up again - i just wanted to reset them if the had sprung. the priority is in place such that a tooth trap this is set on the ground (ie one that is ready to attack a mob) will not be picked up if there is anything else in the players "action" range - the range at which pressing space will pick some grass or pick up a seed etc. This being said, your control-pressing idea is great, and i have now implemented it in this update 

The 3rd tweak is literally just for modders and cheaters tbh.... it has no gameplay use. but i figured id collate all my mods into one! theyre all very small anyway :)

boy (or gal?)... i just said one little misinportant recommendation and you dramatically inproved this!!!

the machete thing looks EXTREMELY PROMISING!!! (i made a gathering farm with wilbur and prime-apes... but when i migrate to RoG , things are going to get tough without my monkey-minions) thank you for doing the tooth trap ctrl option (i feel a little honoured).

oh... BTW, it worked with no-bugs at all

(except that it nullifies another mod that helps me not picking flowers... but that's another story)

Edited by saralina
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, saralina said:

boy (or gal?)...

girl haha! i assumed my name made that relatively obvious <3

the machete thing looks EXTREMELY PROMISING!!!

thank u! it helps me a lot with grass farming haha

• Like 1

On 12/3/2016 at 7:19 AM, saralina said:

(except that it nullifies another mod that helps me not picking flowers... but that's another story)

I was actually planning to to add that functionality to my mod anyway, what items would you like to avoid picking up? just flowers + evil flowers?

• Like 1

On 3/12/2016 at 10:15 PM, MigratoryCoconuts said:

I was actually planning to to add that functionality to my mod anyway, what items would you like to avoid picking up? just flowers + evil flowers?

well... actually, is about not quick-picking flowers/evil flowers/traps/mines, that's all. just that and i'm a happy man :D

Hi, thanks for the reset trap tweak!

You seems open for suggestions so if i may, I have a request :

Could it be possible for you to implement a tweak so that there's no auto-pick for lanterns lying on the ground when holding spacebar? it would make easier to use the "lantern glitch" for base lightning whitout accidentaly picking it up when harvesting near things. I've been praying for something like this for ages!

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the reset trap tweak!

You seems open for suggestions so if i may, I have a request :

Could it be possible for you to implement a tweak so that there's no auto-pick for lanterns lying on the ground when holding spacebar? it would make easier to use the "lantern glitch" for base lightning whitout accidentaly picking it up when harvesting near things. I've been praying for something like this for ages!

Thanks.

updated!

Edited by MigratoryCoconuts
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MigratoryCoconuts said:

updated!

Thanks a lot! I'm gonna try it right now.

May I suggest something else?

The "spacebar reset trap" tweak work well but i find that i would be great if there was a option to completely disable the "spacebar autopick" when not used with the CTLR button (without your priority system - the range check). It will be better suited for me (but that was a nice idea and was well implemented).

PS: you should update the base description with your updates requested by myself and saralina, other people might be interrested in those functionnality.

Edit : I've tested it and it seems that you used the same range check for the lanterns as for the traps... it works but it doesn't remove accidental picking for me since sometimes I pick it up just after harversting something... that's the same problem with traps. Using coffee make this difficult to avoid since I don't have the time to react, it's to fast (and for lage field I like to just "block" my spacebar button to free my hands for the repetitive task of harvesting it). Would it be possible to change that as i suggested before? As an option maybe? Sorry to bother you...

Edited by zeggz

7 hours ago, zeggz said:

May I suggest something else?

The "spacebar reset trap" tweak work well but i find that i would be great if there was a option to completely disable the "spacebar autopick" when not used with the CTLR button (without your priority system - the range check). It will be better suited for me (but that was a nice idea and was well implemented).

done! sorry it took a while, i had to wrestle with the fact that klei runs modinfo.lua in a COMPLETELY empty environment, removing literally every useful util function

• Like 1

Wow, I think it was fast! Gonna try it now.

Thanks again for your work!

Edit : It works great, now i can make an immoderate use of tooth traps and lantern! I also like the config menu. Thank you for your kindness to implement my requests.

Since you seem to understand how to mod DS, I have a question : do you think it would be possible to revert the change with the lanterns done by klei few version ago about lying lit lantern? You know the fact that they don't show the graphic of the light inside it, but just the unlit one (even if the actual light is working) when you reload the game.

Edited by zeggz

Hi, i could definitely fix that, however it feels very dishonest to repair one bug relating to the lantern without fixing the other (namely the infinite fuel), especially because the easiest way to do it would be to fix them both! i guess i could make a lightweight mod that does that and pm it to you? i wouldnt want to publish it though. at least the cheats included with this pack are very upfront about being cheats!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MigratoryCoconuts said:

Hi, i could definitely fix that, however it feels very dishonest to repair one bug relating to the lantern without fixing the other (namely the infinite fuel), especially because the easiest way to do it would be to fix them both! i guess i could make a lightweight mod that does that and pm it to you? i wouldnt want to publish it though. at least the cheats included with this pack are very upfront about being cheats!

In fact after playing this game as much as i did and with mega base project in a more than 1000 days world, i don't feel that the lantern glictch is really cheating but more of a convenience to make my base pretty; after all in DST they seem to have implemented such a feature with the glowing fungus. The reasons of my demands are purely cosmetics not really fonctionnality. So it would'nt make much sense for me to repair the infinite fuel glicth. in fact once you have played enough the game, it's not really challenging anymore but it become more tedious to manage repetitive task such as cycling food (eggs loop), harvesting, fueling flingomatic, picking up wood after beager chop down an entire forest, etc. At this point the fun is more in making the biggest and prettiest base possible, and that's all. I see this as the goal of many DS players after "beating the game multiple time with most caracters.

So do or don't, that's up to you, I don't want to bother you. I just tough that having the graphical lit lanterns back would be something many players would like. Anyway, thanks for your time, i appreciate your efforts to make this game more enjoyable for me (your tweaks are now a must-have for me!).

Hi, unfortunately I've lost internet for the next week, so I won't be able to update in that time. in terms of base aesthetics, I've always used fireflies - I think they're a lot prettier haha. I'll add your requested feature anyway though, it's just a little time before I can post it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MigratoryCoconuts said:

Hi, unfortunately I've lost internet for the next week, so I won't be able to update in that time. in terms of base aesthetics, I've always used fireflies - I think they're a lot prettier haha. I'll add your requested feature anyway though, it's just a little time before I can post it

Thank you.

I already use fireflies to mark roads outside my base.

Edited by zeggz

hi, little gal

i just came back to say that your mods are ridiculously wonderful!!!

(mostly the traps one, chester, the not picking flowers and the lantern one) 

at least for me, they work without crashing or making weird bugs on my game

• Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 2:44 AM, saralina said:

at least for me, they work without crashing or making weird bugs on my game

lmao turns out there was a nasty one that broke mushrooms! so if you use those id suggest an update...
thank you so much though <3 <3 im trying to add to it rn but ive hit a bit of a wall

19 hours ago, MigratoryCoconuts said:

lmao turns out there was a nasty one that broke mushrooms! so if you use those id suggest an update...
thank you so much though <3 <3 im trying to add to it rn but ive hit a bit of a wall

WAIT!

IT WAS YOUR MODE? i have a SW + RoG world in the day 1000' (and like 7-9 modes as well) i thought it was that... ehm, thank you. OH and the improvement to the traps/flower picking is wonderful!

btw: frankly, i really don't understand the one with the fireflies... you put close to them meat and they "eat" it and other one appears in that place? or how does it work?

omg yeah it totally was, im so sorry! 

and with fireflies, if you put stale/spoiled meats near (about 1.5 turf tiles away from) them, they will slowly eat them and have a chance to spawn a new firefly cluster nearby. this allows you to breed them and make them renewable! this process is slow and vulnerable to RNG for balancing, but can be tuned in config

Edited by MigratoryCoconuts
  • Like 1

hi!... it's me again. after 3 years :?

are you still playing this? (pls say yes :mrgreen:)

sooooooo... any chance you mayyyybe update this KICKASS mod? is just, everytime i activate it... the game just closes itself without crash window or anything; is just, i just dicovered that is the "machete slice" option what makes it crash. when i disable it... the rest works.

i triedmy best to repair it and... i failed.

thanks and... i hope you read this (and re-work this babe, c'mon!)

Edited by saralina