• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Base Plan 0.5.9

• Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, saralina said:

i will test this... if this works, man... you've managed to create something really awesome!!!

You're welcome. Looking forward to your feedback.

34 minutes ago, modding said:

You're welcome. Looking forward to your feedback.

well matey, two things: 

1. THIS IS F*KIN' AWESOME!!! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I SUFFER PLACING WALLS!? LOTS!!!  when i pass my SW and start a new world in RoG, this would come really handy.

buuuuut

2. is not compatible with Geometric Placement, and that's kinda sad: i can access the game, i click on the blueprint, click an structure AND click where i want to emplace it... and CRASH! the game crashes.

BTW, your mod still really cool, and is cool that the emplacement of structures is organized like placing walls... but the grid "Geometric Placement" offers is really necessary like disabling that mod. 

anyways, i'll use your mod when i start my base in RoG

29 minutes ago, saralina said:

2. is not compatible with Geometric Placement, and that's kinda sad: i can access the game, i click on the blueprint, click an structure AND click where i want to emplace it... and CRASH! the game crashes.

BTW, your mod still really cool, and is cool that the emplacement of structures is organized like placing walls... but the grid "Geometric Placement" offers is really necessary like disabling that mod. 

anyways, i'll use your mod when i start my base in RoG

Thanks!

Would you like to be more specific on the crash? Does the game show any error messages? Do you have just the two mods? I know that my mod and GP are not integrating automatically (I intentionally did it, because GP is intended to handle one item, I can also try to make edits to allow GP work) though when I made tests with both mods enabled GP just didn't do anything like it should.

There are quite a bit of questions though. For example, how should the grid behave: should it be displayed for the last item? Or for the first item? Or for every item separately (may affect performance)? Or just a huge grid for everything (may affect performance)? What about blueprints. They can have different items, different types of grid may be needed for them. If it's not too much trouble describe how you want it and I'll see what can be done.

Edited by modding

Well, i disabled all my mods EXCEPT Geo.placement and yours, and the result is the crash you can see at the picture in the bottom.

Later, i re-enabled all my mods  except geom.placement (in this case is deactivated), and now, it let me put "ghost structures" like in the video without crashing.

i think the best form to integrate the grid is just for the item "grabbed" with the mouse (you know, when you click in the menu the item and theres that "green ghost" of it), because i use that grid mostly for measuring distances (not necessarily placing the item). and because it's potentially troublesome, better make an universal grid like you said, and just for the item selected-to-place with the mouse instead of a grid per item planned.

thank you for your dedication with your mod, looks really interesting and problem-solver

P.d: where did you learned to mod? this is astonishing... and i can barely edit existing ones (i don't even know how you guys make this)

ggg.png

45 minutes ago, saralina said:

Well, i disabled all my mods EXCEPT Geo.placement and yours, and the result is the crash you can see at the picture in the bottom.

Yes, the source of problem is clear and I can reproduce the conflict.

45 minutes ago, saralina said:

P.d: where did you learned to mod? this is astonishing... and i can barely edit existing ones (i don't even know how you guys make this)

I just love programming. This is actually my first big mod for DS (made mini-mod custom hotkeys for DS maybe half a year ago).

16 hours ago, saralina said:

i think the best form to integrate the grid is just for the item "grabbed" with the mouse (you know, when you click in the menu the item and theres that "green ghost" of it), because i use that grid mostly for measuring distances (not necessarily placing the item). and because it's potentially troublesome, better make an universal grid like you said, and just for the item selected-to-place with the mouse instead of a grid per item planned.

After some additional fixes this should work now.

Edited by modding
  • Like 1

it worked... IT WORKED!!!

hey man, thank you, is really cool and useful (mostly when you want to surround in walls/sandbags your basement, or plan where to seed your future bushes/saplings/grasses)

ggg.png

Edited by saralina
  • Like 1

What ihave been doing with my life all this time? :D  Awesome, works perfect.. 

BUT.. Its possible to pause or freeze the game while in this mode? That would be really nice.. So you can take aall the time you need to plan your base

not sure but "relaxed crafting" could work for your needs ?

question for the author do you intend on publishing it on the steam workshop or is it an exclusive of klei forums ?

Just tried it, love it, also handles almost any mod added place-able object: one exception : the mod "adshovel" adds transplantable reeds, cactus, mushrooms & those lightplants too... which was expected since you add those kind of plants by hand

EDIT: could also add fireflies while you're at it ?

a slight issue : it seems object plans are visible through the darkness. while it doesn't replace sources of light it still allows to guide yourself easily. Though.... I'm not sure how much of a concern it is really....

good job

EDIT2: another thought, I tried right clic dragging to cancel a whole lot of items at once, it seems it didn't work ?

Edited by whismerhill

and about walls : need a way to change orientation by 45° (hotkey ? or just make a square relative to player orientation, meaning changing camera orientation by 45° would change orientation of walls building too

pig shop "craft pot"

Nice new version :) now I don't understand how recipe.lua works anymore hahaha

Anyways, Cave Lichen has an icon issue (both for recipe & ingredient), doesn't surprise me much since the mod "craft pot"   had also an issue with lichen icon showing up in its recipes listing. Another thing, not sure you can prevent this one to be honest, but the mod "pig shop" shows up for plans, it should not.

PS: I don't know why, I can't paste in this forum tonight, sorry for the wrongly placed links.

Edited by whismerhill

On 9/18/2016 at 6:59 PM, Fedeman said:

What ihave been doing with my life all this time? :D  Awesome, works perfect.. 

BUT.. Its possible to pause or freeze the game while in this mode? That would be really nice.. So you can take aall the time you need to plan your base

Hi. I tried to utilize usual pause and scaling time flow to zero but the game wasn't designed to work in active pause mode (for example, the game objects stop responding on events and effects like rain continue when the game is semi-paused but they are not cleared from screen). I'd say it is possible but will require quite a bit of hacks. I'll see what can be done.

On 9/18/2016 at 7:54 PM, whismerhill said:

question for the author do you intend on publishing it on the steam workshop or is it an exclusive of klei forums ?

I'd be glad to publish it if people need it on the workshop. As far as I know Mod Uploader requires Don't Starve in steam account to upload and update mods but I don't actually play the game myself and have no steam version of the game.

On 9/19/2016 at 2:49 AM, whismerhill said:

Just tried it, love it, also handles almost any mod added place-able object: one exception : the mod "adshovel" adds transplantable reeds, cactus, mushrooms & those lightplants too... which was expected since you add those kind of plants by hand

Now it should handle some items automatically.

a slight issue : it seems object plans are visible through the darkness. while it doesn't replace sources of light it still allows to guide yourself easily. Though.... I'm not sure how much of a concern it is really....

This too.

right clic dragging

fireflies while you're at it

need a way to change orientation by 45° 

Right click dragging was never intended (because one can right click on a plan icon to delete all items of the plan), but this is a good idea as are fireflies and rotation.

9 hours ago, modding said:

Hi. I tried to utilize usual pause and scaling time flow to zero but the game wasn't designed to work in active pause mode (for example, the game objects stop responding on events and effects like rain continue when the game is semi-paused but they are not cleared from screen). I'd say it is possible but will require quite a bit of hacks. I'll see what can be done

Hi, it's me again. If you work out a pause option, please keep it optional, thanks. And yeah most mods that I see work fine with pause use the game official pause e.g. : GLOBAL.SetPause(true/false).

About steam, I just think that for most don't starve mods, it's actually handy to get automatic updates & unlike other games like for example Skyrim, it's not destructive. Also the workshop just enlarges the audience. If you need someone to publish your mod on steam in your stead, I'd be glad to lend a hand, your choice though ;) .

2 hours ago, whismerhill said:

Hi, it's me again. If you work out a pause option, please keep it optional, thanks. And yeah most mods that I see work fine with pause use the game official pause e.g. : GLOBAL.SetPause(true/false).

It's not even about some mods, but nearly all components in the game stop being updated. Try to set pause and hover any world object - hoverer does not work, try to click it - actions are not collected or executed, try to place something - placers are not updated either. Nothing unexpected because that's perfectly logical during pause. I think it is still possible to make active pause by updating components from UI which maintains responsiveness. Yes, that mode will be optional.

ok hum, can anyone try to go into a cave of any savegame with base plan activated & tell me if it works ?

since the new update, I apparently can't go into any cave, whether on my regular save or any of my testing saves. disabling base plan made going into caves possible again.

WARNING! BACKUP YOUR SAVEGAMES BEFORE TRYING. it was wiping my savegameindex, which means don't starve doesn't see any of your saves afterward anymore. (the savegameindex can be rebuilt but it's annoying)

I'm not 100% sure it's related to baseplan yet. lots of testing to do.

EDIT: seems like it's a mod conflict of some kind. need lots of testing

Edited by whismerhill

3 hours ago, whismerhill said:

t was wiping my savegameindex, which means don't starve doesn't see any of your saves afterward anymore. (the savegameindex can be rebuilt but it's annoying)

I'm not 100% sure it's related to baseplan yet. lots of testing to do.

EDIT: seems like it's a mod conflict of some kind. need lots of testing

The only file which the mod ever writes to is "base_plan" using native SavePersistentString function and the file name is hardcoded to be sure. The game handles all other writing io. I've experienced corruption of saveindex during testing, my investigation shows that it's not related to any mods but to entering/exiting the volcano and probably caves.

3 hours ago, whismerhill said:

disabling base plan made going into caves possible again.

Would you like to share the test save file?

P. S. As of now there is indeed a bug in the mod related to going between maps it doesn't handle them properly and a separate bug when native OnSave is used to save component information in some situations that can lead to strange consequences like saveindex being overwritten, I disabled this method of saving for now (r1501 may be relevant). Persistent storage still works.

Edited by modding

well actually with this mod setup any new save slot crashes. so it's more like the whole mod setup rather than a specific save file

still : here it is save slot 1 is my own play game, save slot 4 is my playtesting file

I need to find which other mod causes some sort of "conflict" with base plan however

dontstarve23_09_2016.rar

sidenotes: the cave in saveslot 4 is not open, since I never went into it before & now it crashes before it generates & wipes saveindex, so each time I restore the backup ;)

EDIT2 : I disabled mods by groups of about 8 at a time, always crashes, may have missed something.. tired.. I'll try to check it out more tomorrow

Edited by whismerhill

36 minutes ago, whismerhill said:

well actually with this mod setup any new save slot crashes. so it's more like the whole mod setup rather than a specific save file

still : here it is save slot 1 is my own play game, save slot 4 is my playtesting file

EDIT2 : I disabled mods by groups of about 8 at a time, always crashes, may have missed something.. tired.. I'll try to check it out more tomorrow

Thanks, I've made a quick fix to work around the behaviour so the caves can be entered in the save files. It'll be nice if you check whether it fixes part of the problem for you. Though this thing will need a better solution.

with fixed version & all my usual mods enabled :

-black screen on non-existing cave (must be generated), does not wipe savegameindex anymore ! yeah. Need to kill don't starve process though. (or alt f4

-and it loads pre-existing caves successfully. also able to save inside, load back inside, go outside, & save outside.

Edited by whismerhill

question from the steam side of users (92 subscribers already) : ( question rearranged  a bit by yours truly)

Do you own DST at all? And if yes Is there hope for this being ported to DST sometime in the future ? Would you be interested when the DS version achieves a tolerable level of completion or even before that ?

(I don't own DST myself but that's like not a problem I can upload mods for DST on the DST workshop without having it, I just can't test them :p...)

8 hours ago, whismerhill said:

Do you own DST at all? And if yes Is there hope for this being ported to DST sometime in the future ? Would you be interested when the DS version achieves a tolerable level of completion or even before that?

(I don't own DST myself but that's like not a problem I can upload mods for DST on the DST workshop without having it, I just can't test them :p...)

Sure the future will start as soon as I have dst. I'm interested and it should be easier early on, the main decision for multiplayer version is probably will the plans be shared between people or not.

reply written there & we breached the 100 subscribers(124 to be exact) ^^ get out the champagne !

I don't own DST but well if you don't share plans there might be the issue that a cooperating player builds something else where a planned object is located? That said I think plans should appear on players based on proximity, then a player has the choice to "make it permanent" maybe or something like that, but that would be like sticking a note and it would be an individual choice. Otherwise if plans are global & 8 players are working on 8 different camps, it's gonna start to be a mess  right away. Just my honest opinion :)