About This File
Also available on the Steam Workshop:
In Single-Player Form: June the String-Puller [DS][ROG][SW]
And Multi-Player Form: June the String-Puller [DST]
June is my own OC (from her own universe, not from Don't Starve). As such, please do not reupload this mod and or character without permission.
Health - 110
Hunger - 100
Sanity - 300
Damage Multiplier - x0.85
Attack Interval - 0.3
- Pigmen, Rabbitmen, and Wildboars gain an extra 50% loyalty time when befriended by June. Each gains unique buffs as well!
- Bunnymen do not aggro on her carrying meat.
- Starts with 3 meat in her inventory
- [Don't Starve Only] Can craft a Meat Effigy at the cost of 3 Meat and 3 Monster Meat without the need for prototyping!
- [Don't Starve Together Only] Can revive off of viable companion mobs. Will not have a max health penalty, but will respawn with only 15 health and kill the companion you haunted (viable companion mobs include Pigmen, Rabbitmen, Rock Lobsters, Chester and Glommer. This can be further modified in configuration)
- [Don't Starve Together Only] June is a pretty corrupt person, and the more loyal or numerous her following becomes, the more her corruption shows towards others. As such, if June has 3+ followers or at least 1 extremely loyal follower, she will emit an aura, draining other players' sanity. This can also scale up the more followers and or extremely loyal followers you have.
- June is a moderately weak character whose only shining point stat-wise is her immensely high sanity max of 300. Outside of this, her true strength lies when she finds a companion.
- For instance, feeding a Pigman or Rabbitman will increase their loyalty gained by the food item by 50%. This, combined with her starting inventory of 3 meat, gives you enough food from the start to keep one pig loyal for up to 4.5 days. Even smaller meals can give more loyalty, so you don't have to just feed them meat.
- Another perk of hers is that Rabbitmen will never aggro on her when she has meat in her inventory, which makes having a following comprised of both Pig and Rabbitmen more viable for her.
- Her final (and most influential) perk is her ability to revive off of viable companion mobs (includes Pigmen, Rabbitmen, Rock Lobsters, Chester, and Glommer). For doing this however, the companion dies and she spawns in with only 15 health, but does not gain a max-health penalty and possibly even the killed companion's food of choice, allowing you to start the follower cycle all over again.
- June's followers gain buffs that scale up based on how loyal they are, separated into 4 stages. At stage 1, June's followers become sick of her demands and slack, degrading June's sanity in the process. At stage 2, they are at their default stats. At stage 3, they gain a small buff. At stage 4, they gain a strong buff, passive regeneration, and even passively raise June's sanity over time. (Followers will let you know what stage they're at through comments)
- It is best recommended to have a small following, so that when food becomes scarce, June doesn't suffer a huge amount of lost sanity.
Backstory (for those that want one):
June is an anthromorph, a creature composed of both human and animal DNA. Created to live for hundreds of years and look as beautiful as if she was still young. Before her kind was given proper human rights, she was produced as a dime-a-dozen servant/slave whose sole purpose was to please her owner’s demands. However, June was a special case. Unlike other anthromorphs of her time, she was extremely intelligent and didn’t take satisfaction in pleasing her owner, so much so that when her owner got drunk one night, she fooled him into his bedroom with her, and killed him in cold blood.
Of course, because of how anthromorphs were “stupid creatures who follow their master’s will,” the courts ruled out murder in favor of suicide and June got off scot free. From then on she used her mind and body to trick unknowing people into doing exactly what she wanted. Now, trapped in the world of Don’t Starve, she finds her skills of manipulation being put to the test, as she now must use them to make her way through using this world’s smartest creatures… believe me… that isn’t saying much.
If you've downloaded June off of this page and not the Steam Workshop and suffer from a game-crashing bug, please make sure to check and see if your version is up to date before reporting. Currently June's version is:
- 1.3.4 for Don't Starve Together (see changelog for more information)
- 1.1.3 for Don't Starve (see changelog for more information)
- [Don't Starve Only] When saving a game and re-loading it, any companions you currently have will have their loyalty reset to 100% (50% in the case of June's loyalty increasing perk) if their current loyalty to June at the time of saving exceeded the maximum default loyalty.
- [Don't Starve Together Only] If you enable Widgette by Dragon Wolf Leo and have one player play as June with another as Widgette, the one playing as Widgette will crash (I believe this has something to do with both having lightning in their modmain... but I don't believe I can fix this since it could be June or it could be Widgette... I can't really tell from the code)
Special thanks to:
Dragon Wolf Leo, creator of the Extended Character Template
Electroferret for help with coding and enthusiasm
What's New in Version 1.3 See changelog
Say hello to version 1.3 of June, one I title "Wrath of the Followers". This is a pretty big change for June as it takes the followers gaining buffs mechanic and turns it on its head.
Do note that this update only applies to Don't Starve Together for now. This will come back up later on as version 1.1 for Don't Starve, Reign of Giants, and Shipwrecked.
June [Don't Starve Together] Changelog:
June Follower Changes:
- Followers now gain stronger buffs the more loyal they are to June, these are in four stages.
- At stage 1 (0% to 25%) followers suffer from slight nerfs.
- At stage 2 (25% to 50%) followers are at default stats.
- At stage 3 (50% to 75%) followers gain the boosts seen before.
- At stage 4 (75% to 100%) followers gain even stronger boosts and even a passive regen.
- Followers will occasionally spout a line, letting you know which stage they are at. (Hint: They dub you leader or king at stage 4 and grumble at stage 1)
- Followers' perks are now handled via a Periodic Task, so say goodbye to the bug causing June's ex-followers retaining their buffs.
- Followers that are 75% to 100% loyal will give June a passive sanity boost. (stacks)
- Followers that are 0% to 25% loyal will give June a passive sanity drain. (stacks)
- Reduced June's max health from 125 to 110
- If June has 3 or more followers, or 1 follower at stage 4, she will emit a sanity draining aura around her, damaging the sanity of other players.
Configuration Option Changes:
- Added a configuration option to allow people to change June's followers perks. This is either 'Scaled' (the current perk system) or 'Set' (the perk system from before which doesn't scale or effect June's sanity).
- Added a configuration option to multiply June's sanity drain aura effect. Set it to 0% if you don't want this to effect other players.
So what does this mean for June? Well now she is a little less "mass army" and a lot more "uber-powerful follower or small group of followers". I still wish for her to be reliant on followers, but not to the extent that other modded character are (i.e. Kyle the Symbiont and Wilburn the Young Heir) This is also a pretty good way of balancing her massive sanity as not keeping up with your companions can lead to a sanity drain that could take out a good chunk of your sanity if you aren't careful enough.
What do you think of this update? Good? Bad? Meh? Just let me know.
Plus if you hate these changes, there are configuration options to essentially change June back into her 1.2.5 version (helps prevent gritting teeth or boycotting June until a new update is released).