• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Hack The Planet 0.6122

13 Screenshots

About This File

So you want to hack the planet, huh? You think you're chill enough? You think you're gnarly enough? You think you're mad fresh to the max? Then check it, keyboard cowboy. This totally rad, ill and fly mod will have you hacking the planet in the dopest of styles.

How to Use:
Press the "hacker key" (R by default, can be changed in the mod configuration menu) to go into "hacker mode". While in "hacker mode", the game will be paused and you can simply click the object you want to "hack" and a list of options will appear. You can change anything from it's max health, to it's movement speeds, to how much damage it does, to it's diet. You can teleport yourself to it or vice versa. You can kill it, set it on fire, freeze it or just delete it. Do you have a character ideal but don't want to write any code yet? Not a problem! Click your character and starting changing variables! You will be able to recreate over half of the character mods out there and maybe, just maybe, improve on them. You can do so much with so many different things and all of those changes are made to only that one instance of that one object, and if you screw something up, you can just reload the save and everything goes back to normal. In short, you can Hack The Planet!

Warning: Reckless hacking of the planet has been linked to crashing of the planet. Exercise common sense when hacking the planet.

Custom Component Support:
Have a component you made yourself? Want to test it using this mod? Not a problem! Tired of waiting for me to add support for your favorite already existing components? Not a problem! Want to make an expansion for this mod using the tools I made and publish it to the workshop? Not a problem, so long as you do NOT package Hack The Planet with it. You can now add component support yourself from within your own modmain.lua file! The documentation with a list of all builtin tools can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vu18f5lg6f7kld/plugin%20documentation.txt

If you are using Always On or any of the RPG HUD mods,
Try disabling the option, "Change Backgrounds".

Noteworthy Changes:
-Added support for custom components.

On a serious note, I made this as a tool to help myself and others develop other mods, troubleshoot bugs and more quickly understand some of the inner workings of DS's components. It's also a lot of fun so even if you don't plan to make mods, you can still get a lot of entertainment out of it. This was made with mouse and keyboard controls in mind. Adding controller support will probably never happen. This is not the final version, adding support for all components is a very long, arduous task so be patient.

Concerning DST: No.

What's New in Version 0.6122   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I downloaded this via Steam and found it to be not only a fun way to play the game, but handy in coming to understand the workings of the game for the purposes of modding it in the future. If you like to play with the game to learn new things without worrying about player death this is the way to go. This mod also gives the player access to something I have not seen in other mods in that you can adjust player walk/run speeds, max/min heath/sanity/hunger, and other such PC stats in game. Over all a must have mod.

On 3/2/2016 at 10:18 PM, HatefulGravey said:

I downloaded this via Steam and found it to be not only a fun way to play the game, but handy in coming to understand the workings of the game for the purposes of modding it in the future. If you like to play with the game to learn new things without worrying about player death this is the way to go. This mod also gives the player access to something I have not seen in other mods in that you can adjust player walk/run speeds, max/min heath/sanity/hunger, and other such PC stats in game. Over all a must have mod.

Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

On 3/4/2016 at 10:35 PM, DroidDaKar said:
  • This mod is not working

I have a mod troubleshooter here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/icgw2tow73uty0o/ds-mod-troubleshooter.txt

On 3/23/2016 at 6:28 AM, deaster45 said:

Want 40 mods use my mod pack

Please do not advertise your mods in other people's mods pages. I don't advertise my mods in your's.

On 4/2/2016 at 0:43 AM, ELreyLICH said:

ME GUSTO  MUCHO :D  :D

Thank you very much. :)

On 4/19/2016 at 0:45 AM, Kenshiro88 said:

Will this be updated to work with shipwrecked?

Well first I have to be willing to spend $5 just to port mods. :/ Know what I mean?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mouse said:

Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

I have a mod troubleshooter here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/icgw2tow73uty0o/ds-mod-troubleshooter.txt

Please do not advertise your mods in other people's mods pages. I don't advertise my mods in your's.

Thank you very much. :)

Well first I have to be willing to spend $5 just to port mods. :/ Know what I mean?

Ahhh yeah understandable but awesome mod man, I meant to reply back but I actually got it working in Shipwrecked I changed around the modinfolua and it is working perfectly now 

I am pressing the hacker button and it doesn't even work!! Why??? I have been searching for a stable cheat just to test out my mods and I can't find any good! N Tools is discontinued not working... all others and including yours!! It's not working................ C'mon!!

On 12/20/2017 at 8:00 PM, Black_Mage said:

i press R and the world just keep green

click on the object you want to modify while your screen is green.