About This File
This mod introduces guide books to the world of Don't Starve, which is focusing on mod support though. Those guides can spawn at the starting point of a world, somewhere along a road, or by custom means (starting inventory, event, setpiece, etc.)
The books have text or images with or without headers spread across a virtually unlimited amount of pages. To navigate that many pages, there's the option to make a Table of Contents (index page).
Using this mod helps you understand the core principles of the game and bigger mods, such as Industrial Resolution (where the idea originates from)! But why stop there? This mod is perfectly capable of making interactively expanding guides, and the Table of Contents also serves as spellbook!
Your RAM is the limit!
If you want to make a tome of knowledge for your own mod, check out the readme.txt in the main folder! The six base tomes will help you troubleshooting, and I will too if it's necessary.
Have a nice day!
What's New in Version 2.0 See changelog
- Added six base-game books (can be disabled in mod config)
- Can now spawn books anywhere near a road
- Now has a "page back" button
- Now saves the last opened page and goes back to it when re-opened
- Now features an index page, the Table of Contents
- The ToC can have an unlimited amount of buttons
- Every ToC button can execute callback functions (see readme.txt)
- Every ToC button can be locked by an independent function
- The pages can be locked to their "chapters" (headers) for use with the ToC
- More premade backgrounds (RoG, runic, mechanical, webbing)