• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Bellatrix The Realistic Vampire (Reworked Sunlight Damage) 0.6.2.2

9 Screenshots

About This File

Untitled_zpsuxkvkbdo.png

bellatrix_zps4k5lth20.png

As you may have guessed this is a character mod and my first mod

-=_____________________________________=-

Information

Bellatrix is a Vampire Character and i plan to follow the Cliché exactly with burning in sunlight to blood lust

Character Information

When introduced to the character you start at dusk that way you will not burn strait away

:joyous:

Bellatrix does burn in sunlight but can see when there is little light

​so naturally she has night vision but not all the time on a new moon she looses her night vision ability

--

she can move faster during the night

all stats get a boost at night even more so on a new moon

--

gains hunger by Attacking Living Enemy's or eating meat (monster meat included)

(so for example no hunger will be rewarded for attacking a beehive)

--

bats will protect her and attack whatever she's attacking, they tend not to follow you

around so there not a follower

--

you will not freeze for you are already dead

--

Items List

Grim Cloak

Nightmare Blood -- refills your hunger and health at a high sanity cost

-=_________________________________=-

Things i need to do!

Fine tune Intro

fine tune stat changes

Add Vampire Hunting Pig-men that seek you out randomly

and in caves it would be bunny-men

Add Vampire like weapons that you craft and use

(thanks to

Biomexcwb)

i could not figure out steam so there is no longer a steam link

for some reason my mod did not appear in the mods page if someone subscribe to it.

(i will figure it out at sometime)

What's New in Version 0.6.2   See changelog

Released

• Added Ageing over time so every full moon you become more powerful
  • fixed a glitch with grim cloak (were in which you can keep equipping and unequipping it to stop the sun from harming you without damaging the cloak
  • added other items that lessen the damage you take from the sun (straw hat, umbrella so far)
  • balanced stats a bit
  • coming soon vampire hunting pigmen, vampire weapon's

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

If I recall correctly, vampires were said to summon shadow hounds... the wording is oddly fitting ;-)

• Like 2

thanks i'm defiantly going to make a werewolf soon but not for awhile maybe when the character is stable ill start working on it, besides trying to match DS art style is harder then it looks

• Like 1

I have an idea, why don't do a vampiric weapon, like a knife or a crossbow, give damage to heal your self and heal 1 from hunger, sorry for my bad english, i don't know speak  english, and i don't use Google Translation becouse i know, is a bad translation. Thanks for reading this horrible text :)

your English is fine i can understand it perfectly and i will definitely consider your suggestion 

• Like 1

Another Idea :D. Vampires are Undead no? , if you are a Undead, you have 100% cold resistence, 100% cold resistence because your blood is cold, don't have logic one vampire taking damage cold, yea? if she already have resistence of cold, sorry, i don't know , but, if don't is, is a good idea i think so :D

Thanks so much for reading my text again <3 :)

Man Bad News to me, o try download all yours versions 0.5.7 and all do this screen to my Don't Starve, ( have RoG) and i try deactivate all my mods, and only turn on your mod, and continue this screen :cFail.png

Another Idea :grin:. Vampires are Undead no? , if you are a Undead, you have 100% cold resistence, 100% cold resistence because your blood is cold, don't have logic one vampire taking damage cold, yea? if she already have resistence of cold, sorry, i don't know , but, if don't is, is a good idea i think so :grin:

Thanks so much for reading my text again <3 :-)

yes i forgot to mention your idea is already implemented 

• Like 1

Man Bad News to me, o try download all yours versions 0.5.7 and all do this screen to my Don't Starve, ( have RoG) and i try deactivate all my mods, and only turn on your mod, and continue this screen :cFail.png

i apologize for what happened here that error is simple from having an older version of don't starve the api version must be 6 because i have used functions from that version but i will put another version of the mod in the downloads that is api version 5 for anyone else who is having this problem

• Like 1

Thanks Man, Really thanks, i want to help you to make a perfect char, i just love your idea to do a Realistic Vampire, and can after, really after cuz i know you need time to do, Vampire Hunter, with wooden stakes to hunt we? this will do the dificult go to the limit

I just opened the notepad and took the 6 and 5 put in place, and my game usually rolled

I just opened the notepad and took the 6 and 5 put in place, and my game usually rolled

so you are good now? your game works

• Like 1

Yeah, i Play without problems with the char, and now, every mod using API 6 i took 5 and work to me :D

the ancient vampire stories, they are always stronger when they are older, and could have a system of levels, or for example, every 5/10 days, whatever, it gains 5 life, 5 of hunger, and 3 of sanity for example, or so, life +2, +1 sanity, +0.5 hunger, or source of extra points by percentage example: 3 days + 1% health, 1% hunger, 1% healthy the more, well that's my idea: D, because then it would make sense, after all, with each passing day, she gets older, by the way, May 9 I did 16 years: D

the ancient vampire stories, they are always stronger when they are older, and could have a system of levels, or for example, every 5/10 days, whatever, it gains 5 life, 5 of hunger, and 3 of sanity for example, or so, life +2, +1 sanity, +0.5 hunger, or source of extra points by percentage example: 3 days + 1% health, 1% hunger, 1% healthy the more, well that's my idea: D, because then it would make sense, after all, with each passing day, she gets older, by the way, May 9 I did 16 years: D

i will add that in in the next update

she need a little buff at sanity, 85>95, is it, i get that fells in gameplay with Bellatrix

I found a bug, if you put on and put off the Grim Cloak fast, you don't spend the grim cloak and don't take damage from the sun, but you can't move, but is a unfair scape from the sun damage, and she's need a little debuff, if she will take 5 points from all stats, will be overpower, i take a better idea, you can agree or no obvius, degress the life and the hunger to 120, and sanity up to 125, but the sanity no will get point after 3 days, cuz she in 30 days will have 145, and in 60 days 195, its so many, just down Life and Hunger to 120 or whatever, and sanity ups to 125, and i got a ideia, she's a vampire, and if she get starve, she get a buff, while it is under 40 hungry, she'll be with a buff 40% of move speed or whatever, but she loses 15 points of strength to be very hungry, dubbed it Despair Vampire