• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

4 Screenshots

About This File

This mod simply adds The Invisible Man as a playable character

The Invisible Man is literally what he is, a man that's invisible. I thought i would make this as i was looking for a slight challenge in the game while also being slightly op at times. I have been playing this character for a little bit now and have yet to run into bugs but if you do while playing please let me know with a report and i'll hunt down the bug and squish it with my shoe. This is my first mod ever so i hope you enjoy.

(When downloading, download ROG if you want to use the mod with ROG DLC or download the BASE if you do not plan to use it with ROG)

Stats:

The Invisible Man is a frail person and it has taken a toll on him, so this makes all of his stats naturally low.

Health: 50

Stomach size: 60

Sanity: 75

=>Now the pros and cons of The Invisible Man.

PROS:

<>The Invisible Man does not overheat or freeze at all.

<>ALL mobs/creatures are not able to see the invisible man as he is invisible meaning that you can go up to anything and just run circles around it without fear of dyeing.

<>The Invisible Man Also has his trusty top hat with him at all times. This top hat is very special as in that it increases his run speed slightly more than the walking cane, it offers protection (not much but it does) and when it rains, you wont get as wet as fast (but it DOES NOT negate all of the rain)

=> Now for the cons since that he is already sounding insanely overpowered i bet:

CONS:

<>The Invisible Man maybe hard to detect but once he gets a bit wet ALL mobs are able to see him and will attack him on sight, only when you have 0 moisture do you have invulnerability to monsters/creatures. Just watch out for when it rains (this makes spring a bit harder).

<>The Invisible Man also does not like to show off where he is too much outside of what we wears and a hat so outside of that he cannot put on armor (backpack does not count as armor).

<>The final con is that his body is constantly trying to keep him invisible and because of that he has to eat, A LOT of food and on top of that he does have a very small stomach so keep on eye on that hunger (it has killed me a couple times).

Some side notes:

=> I will say it now i am no artist, i am absolutely horrible when it comes to art so i have tried my best (hence why i chose this character nearly all of it is blank). But i have tried and in doing so you have a decent character with a couple nice features and a minimap icon.

I said i am bad at art yes i am but you will notice as you play certain things change the colour of The Invisible Man's glasses, this is just to show what he is doing since you cannot see his face when he is afraid or talking.

=> If you want some tips, i suggest hoarding ALL the food you can as i have stated above he is a hungry man. Also it doesn't hurt to keep a couple flowers nearby as he doesn't lose sanity that fast and with such a small sanity pool as is, it isn't hard to keep it topped up.

=> This character has Reign of Giants DLC completely in mind obviously as much of the ideas have come from it. But in saying that i have added an alternative version of the mod for the base game only. (I will say now i have not tested it nearly as much as i have the RoG DLC one but as far as i know it should be alright, but if there are issues let me know so i can fix it for you).

=> I am still working on this, i have much in game text to change, some lines are already changed but at the moment he is just using Wilsons in game text with pre-made sound but in the future i do plan on updating the mod and making it better.

=> Finally thank you guys for reading and thank you again to anyone who downloads this mod. If you do please let me know what i could improve on (i already know the art can be greatly improved, i am working on it). If you think something is overpowered or under powered please tell me and then follow to say how i could fix such issue so i can improve this mod.

=> Thank you, and i hope you all enjoy this mod

What's New in Version 0.5   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Awesome dude, keep it up . BTW your art is not that bad.

Thank you very much (the art was all done in paint.net, don't even have a graphics tablet just my mouse)

One downside to this mod: This character is basically made for running away. You can't overheat or freeze, so you don't have to camp in one spot, when you are not wet you can go near the mobs without em noticing you, and when you are wet you have to run from everything. So it ain't Don't Starve anymore, is just Don't Face your Problems. And there a lot of ways to keep away from everything, not hard at all.

• Like 1

One downside to this mod: This character is basically made for running away. You can't overheat or freeze, so you don't have to camp in one spot, when you are not wet you can go near the mobs without em noticing you, and when you are wet you have to run from everything. So it ain't Don't Starve anymore, is just Don't Face your Problems. And there a lot of ways to keep away from everything, not hard at all.

Alright, having said that would you be able to suggest a way to make this character seem less that way and have it feel like you're trying to survive instead of running?

Well, I leave this to your imagination as it is your mod n you know what you want. I was just explaining my point of view. :D