How to deal with DAYZ long delivery to coal generators?

It's a known issue as of February (I found the post in the bug forums). 

Even if coal generator is set to 9 and _only_ thing set to 9, no one will deliver coal there in what seems like forever.... like I have no idea what it is that tells dupes after 15 or so cycles that its finally time to deliver some coal. Currently have a base full of carbon dioxide cause no one will deliver coal.

Is my best option to just try and ignore coal and go straight for natural gas in beginning of game? Makes the transition to oxygen a bit harder if we need to be running wheels for it. This feels game breaking, cause now I gotta deal with 10 cycles or more of downtime for getting stress down.

On that note, I'd love the option to directly control a dupe in game when we feel the need (just like in Craft the World)

The slider on coal generator does not shut the generator down, it shuts down the dupes. So when the generator charges batteries to full, it stops generating the "coal delivery" tasks until batteries fall below the threshold. If you want your dupes to keep delivering, move the slider almost to the top. Of course proper job priority management is essential as well.

5 hours ago, strawberrygirl said:

Is my best option to just try and ignore coal and go straight for natural gas in beginning of game?

That's what I did most recently.  Never built a coal generator.  It didn't seem terribly hard, but that depends on what you're trying to do and how fast I suppose.  Of course you've got to make sure to figure out where your slime biomes are, and do some exploring.

Archived