Is this correct?

Mod template? The one with the cat or the one where you use either Wilson or Willow as a base? I used the one with Willow for the base because it's difficult to alter the cat...(sorry if that causes some headaches)

Edited by Quoth143

The cat one. I've used that mod to make all the mods I've made to this date.

Here's how it works.

Folders.png

The cat template comes with all the stuff built into it. It has all the animations, folders and other stuff organized and ready to go. What you need to do now with the pieces of Bobbie you have is to go in and replace all the cat parts with her parts.

Heads'.png

For example here, I would delete the cat's headbase and replace it with Cece's which I have drawn separately and make adjustments accordingly. So in your case, you would delete the cat head and put Bobbie's head in its place. And you would do this same process with all the other parts. For the parts you don't want like say ears, a tail, or pigtails, open the image files and get rid of the images. Don't delete the files, just make them clear images. So pretty much for parts you do want, replace them with your character, for the parts you don't want, clear them.

Now as for opening spriter it goes like this.

Tools.png

Got into Steam and click on the library tab. Under it look for the tab that says tools. Open that.

Mod Tools.png

It will open up this library. Look for Don't Starve Together Mod Tools and click on it.

Launch.png

This window will open. Check the bubble for Launch Spriter and it will open Spriter.

Once you're in spriter go to the file tab and click open project.

File.png

Inside the template there will be SCML file. It will be under exported folder, in a folder that will have esctemplate as the name. (Here it's cecelia since I modified it to be that way so her mod would work.)

Cece Mod.png

When you open it, it will look like this. (I couldn't take a whole screen shot but off to the right you will see the folders that contain all the character pieces.) You do not edit things in Spriter when it comes to this template. Spriter serves as a way to look at the character so you know they're being put together correctly without having to open up Don't Starve Together every time for a preview.

Main thing it's helped me keep in check is the head and face locations since things can get screwy once you put your sprite together. For example when I worked on Cece here, her head was way detatched from her body. The way it was corrected was by going back into photoshop (or whatever program you're using for making the images) and moving the head down a bit. I had the head placed too high in the original file. It's a lot of trial and error but main thing is don't freak out if something is misplaced. Just go into the image file and correct it there.

I hope I explained that alright. I just know this is how I've been able to make all my mods thus far. Though honestly the tutorial I followed explain some other aspects better. I would recommend reading it in regards to the coding parts since I think they explain it a lot better than I can:

Again I hope I was able to explain some things and if you need clarification on anything be it anything I said or in this tutorial please let me know I would be more than happy to help.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 5:39 AM, Quoth143 said:

Mod template? The one with the cat or the one where you use either Wilson or Willow as a base? I used the one with Willow for the base because it's difficult to alter the cat...(sorry if that causes some headaches)

can you give me a link for this mod please?