"Fixing" max gas pressure for electrolyzer

1 hour ago, Risu said:

Rewriting literally the entire pipe code turned out to be very tedious and boring so I went with a compromise.
Dump out oxygen like before and store hydrogen for the pipe.

I wish you had shown the pipe as we already see the electrolyzer on the right.

So is there 112g every second ?

I feel less terrible using this one. And yes I did create a whole new building using what was there.
It would appear to fit 2x3 but the pipe looks really bad, so 3x3 it is.

20170408164835_1.jpg20170408164857_1.jpg

I suspect this isn't in the game because manual storage of liquids REALLY breaks the game.

I think I ”didnt build” the system correctly... hydrogen gets voided and oxygen is generated without limit

fsd.png

Spoiler

1.png

10kg oxygen/tile...

Spoiler

2.png

And only 111.9g hydrogen which gets voided

Spoiler

3.png

Spoiler

4.png

My whole colony is full of oxygen now

5.png

On 9 April 2017 at 2:03 AM, Risu said:

Been spoiling myself on all the backlog of finished art for buildings and I'm very impressed. All of the animations are adorable.20170408200055_1.jpg20170408200059_1.jpg

I hope this is an alternative to the tasteful memorial :p

There is something that I never understood, why would you want to create more oxygen then what you are currently able to consume? and dont say its bc you want to make water, there are much simpler ways of making water!

My point is what is the benefit of bypassing the air pressure limit?

30 minutes ago, Kermack said:

Can't you just relieve the current pressure of your living space by condensing or freezing the atmosphere and possibly feeding it to your hatches?

geyser -> water -> oxygen -> frozen gas -> coal

I believe if the material they are consuming is too cold or too hot they will instantly die just by passing over it. I've accidentally dropped in Igneous Rock at 140C for them to eat and they instantly died moving over it to go eat it.

13 minutes ago, Last Templar said:

There is something that I never understood, why would you want to create more oxygen then what you are currently able to consume?

Because Geyser -> Water -> Electrolyzer -> Hydrogen -> Hydrogen Generator is a source of unlimited power if it wasn't for that pesky oxygen you need to get rid of.

14 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Because Geyser -> Water -> Electrolyzer -> Hydrogen -> Hydrogen Generator is a source of unlimited power if it wasn't for that pesky oxygen you need to get rid of.

except that you dont need that much power to begin with, except if you are building an army, who would not need that power anyway, sculptures and basic oxygen is enouph to keep a colony alive and sain!

Edit: just for clarification, I'm talking about the survival aspect only, for now besides experimentation there is no need for such complex installations.

Archived